PetFinder.my

PetFinder.my (https://forums.petfinder.my/index.php)
-   Hall of Shame (https://forums.petfinder.my/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   2 type Pet Shop. you meet before? (https://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=2069)

dog is my buddy 04-07-2009 04:18 PM

2 type Pet Shop. you meet before?

Now have some pet shop going using word of pet rescuers, fosterers and adopters for their own business. You know why! Because people thinking it is such sincere for helping homeless animals. But all is bullshit!

Have 2 type of this kind pet shop business. Let us talking the first one.
Why Pet shop would like involve does pet rescuers, fosterers and adopters for their Pet shop. Since already have local animal shelter or you city Pound? never mind let them do. Them place 2-3 homeless cat or dog try show and for public adoption. But inside the pet shop selling Backyard cat or dog. You can judge by yourself when you have step in this kind Pet Shop.
Let us know your experience if meet up this. No need tell the Pet shop name.

Second One, the Pet shop has do some adoption for cat or dog. Where they get support fund for these homeless animals? They get public buy the pet supply from their pet shop, later the public donated to them back. This pet shop more smart than above pet shop, their wont sell Backyard cat or dog. They do adoption animals with small shelter. Public will feel glad to see this pet shop do sincere for helping homeless animals. To the end all your money donated earn up by this pet shop. You can judge by yourself when you have step in this kind Pet Shop. Let us know your experience if meet up this. No need tell the Pet shop name.

blackie007 04-07-2009 05:16 PM

Re: 2 type Pet Shop. you meet before?

The 2 examples you gave sound very familiar.....the first example is quiet, while the 2nd example one bashes SPCA and when others follow suit, quiets down to let others do the dirty work of bashing SPCA.

June 04-07-2009 05:26 PM

Clement, I have stop going to this one petshop because I don't like the way they handle animals. I told them off when I saw they dragged the puppy from the shop inside the cage because the puppy tried to escape. then,another time, I went there at 12 noon and they not yet open.I saw their workers outside.I asked him why shop still closed?? 1 dog missing.escape from the petshop.OMG!! I asked them,so what are u guys going to do?? The answer?? Don;t knowlah,this dog very naughty.always trying to escape.huh!!! wrong answer. I scolded the young chap. so that was the last visit to that petshop.

dog is my buddy 04-07-2009 09:32 PM

June,
Sound great heard from you, are you against backyard breeding?are you also feel have this 2 type Pet Shop at your area, you meet before?
basically which type you meet 1 or 2 was mention on thread?

Quote:

Originally Posted by June (Post 38568)
Clement, I have stop going to this one petshop because I don't like the way they handle animals. I told them off when I saw they dragged the puppy from the shop inside the cage because the puppy tried to escape. then,another time, I went there at 12 noon and they not yet open.I saw their workers outside.I asked him why shop still closed?? 1 dog missing.escape from the petshop.OMG!! I asked them,so what are u guys going to do?? The answer?? Don;t knowlah,this dog very naughty.always trying to escape.huh!!! wrong answer. I scolded the young chap. so that was the last visit to that petshop.

June 04-07-2009 10:00 PM

Yup!! I'm totally against BYB.the petshop I went neither type 1 nor type 2. They don't have animal for adoption but the staffs attitude towards animal is downright disgusting {angry} I only know type 2 petshop.Beside petshop this shop genuinely care abt animal wellbeing.The shop have cats for adoption and the owner are true animal lovers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dog is my buddy (Post 38607)
June,
Sound great heard from you, are you against backyard breeding?are you also feel have this 2 type Pet Shop at your area, you meet before?
basically which type you meet 1 or 2 was mention on thread?

blackie007 04-07-2009 11:21 PM

june, i might be wrong, but i think clement meant the pet shop type 2 to be owned by a person who might not necessarily be an animal lover, but a shrewd business person.

this person would let the true animal lovers know about the animal shelter or the pet shop, depending on which they don't know about yet. these animal lovers will then be asked to buy the pet food for the animals in this person's animal shelter, therefore, giving her business, and then the product sold is returned to the business person as donation for the animal shelter.

this is what i understand when i translate clement's sentence back into chinese.

err....clement, if i am wrong in my understanding of what you mean, please correct me. {victory}

Quote:

Originally Posted by June (Post 38612)
Yup!! I'm totally against BYB.the petshop I went neither type 1 nor type 2. They don't have animal for adoption but the staffs attitude towards animal is downright disgusting {angry} I only know type 2 petshop.Beside petshop this shop genuinely care abt animal wellbeing.The shop have cats for adoption and the owner are true animal lovers.

dog is my buddy 04-07-2009 11:29 PM

sound correct. you are right.
Quote:

Originally Posted by blackie007 (Post 38624)
june, i might be wrong, but i think clement meant the pet shop type 2 to be owned by a person who might not necessarily be an animal lover, but a shrewd business person.

this person would let the true animal lovers know about the animal shelter or the pet shop, depending on which they don't know about yet. these animal lovers will then be asked to buy the pet food for the animals in this person's animal shelter, therefore, giving her business, and then the product sold is returned to the business person as donation for the animal shelter.

this is what i understand when i translate clement's sentence back into chinese.

err....clement, if i am wrong in my understanding of what you mean, please correct me. {victory}

blackie007 04-08-2009 12:44 AM

so, in that case, i think i know of someone who is type 2 pet shop here, and someone who is type 1 pet shop.

and.....june, i think you're referring to alicia's pet epicure....i don't think she is type 2 pet shop. i've bought stuff from her shop before, and I have NEVER been asked to donate towards her shelter. {victory}

Quote:

Originally Posted by dog is my buddy (Post 38626)
sound correct. you are right.

June 04-08-2009 10:19 AM

eeeek!!! I totally misunderstood Clement's post {sick}

No, I'm not refering to Alicia.Not at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackie007 (Post 38636)
so, in that case, i think i know of someone who is type 2 pet shop here, and someone who is type 1 pet shop.

and.....june, i think you're referring to alicia's pet epicure....i don't think she is type 2 pet shop. i've bought stuff from her shop before, and I have NEVER been asked to donate towards her shelter. {victory}

dog is my buddy 04-08-2009 10:43 AM

Have you see pet shop do event about pet rescuers, fosterers and adopters for gathering at their own pet shop. But you won't see them at local animal shelter or you city Pound. what is differ between it? you see from here, doing pet rescuers, fosterers and adopters at own pet shop, customers will come and sametime do order some pet supply from the shop, no all people will be as adopters. they just place some homeless animals.Beside that inside have sell Backyard animals. Customer who thinking want have a pet, they will compare the homeless and pure breed. The shop owner might get another order for the selling Backyard animals.
have brain people will know how it going on.

blackie007 04-08-2009 11:13 AM

oh gosh, this sounds like a wolf in sheep's clothing. such people are very, very smart. it would never cross my mind to do such thing.

so, what you are saying is, just like how petfinder places the homeless animals at the bottom of those pets for sale page, the type 1 pet shop puts the backyard breeder's pets in their shop so that those who had initially wanted to adopt animals could see the beautiful cheap non-pedigrees and hopefully buy them instead of adopting the homeless ones?? OMG!! {ohmygod}

Wow.....you should be the petfinder spy, not me, since you have uncovered more things than i have!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dog is my buddy (Post 38656)
Have you see pet shop do event about pet rescuers, fosterers and adopters for gathering at their own pet shop. But you won't see them at local animal shelter or you city Pound. what is differ between it? you see from here, doing pet rescuers, fosterers and adopters at own pet shop, customers will come and sametime do order some pet supply from the shop, no all people will be as adopters. they just place some homeless animals.Beside that inside have sell Backyard animals. Customer who thinking want have a pet, they will compare the homeless and pure breed. The shop owner might get another order for the selling Backyard animals.

dog is my buddy 04-08-2009 11:21 AM

I no sure other forum members have meet this experience, if have share with us.

Coony 04-08-2009 08:20 PM

Sad to say, nowaday some pet shop goes on the pretext of being kind hearted & true pet lover but in actual fact are nothing but another BYB or another BYB & kitten/puppy mill trading place pet shop. {scared}{sweat}{sweat}
Quote:

Originally Posted by blackie007 (Post 38662)
oh gosh, this sounds like a wolf in sheep's clothing. such people are very, very smart. it would never cross my mind to do such thing.

so, what you are saying is, just like how petfinder places the homeless animals at the bottom of those pets for sale page, the type 1 pet shop puts the backyard breeder's pets in their shop so that those who had initially wanted to adopt animals could see the beautiful cheap non-pedigrees and hopefully buy them instead of adopting the homeless ones?? OMG!! {ohmygod}

Wow.....you should be the petfinder spy, not me, since you have uncovered more things than i have!

dog is my buddy 04-09-2009 09:17 AM

Now have some pet shop as copy cat or duplicate petfinder.my style. Using Pets For Adoption as title for get attention by public. Where walk inside the shop, What the hell some nice Pets For Adoption pure breed? the visitor have interest for adopt those animals. The shop keeper said Madam this one is for sell, you looking the free animal is over there, when you look at there, just only 1-2 for select.
The shop owner might get another order for the selling Backyard animals.

daphne1985 04-10-2009 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dog is my buddy (Post 38775)
Now have some pet shop as copy cat or duplicate petfinder.my style. Using Pets For Adoption as title for get attention by public. Where walk inside the shop, What the hell some nice Pets For Adoption pure breed? the visitor have interest for adopt those animals. The shop keeper said Madam this one is for sell, you looking the free animal is over there, when you look at there, just only 1-2 for select.
The shop owner might get another order for the selling Backyard animals.

Wow..this one really serious lo, Clement u saw it before in Penang? I never know about this. So far the pet shop that I been before only sell pets and some pets product not pet for adoption corner also.

But if like wut u said, i feel they are very irresponsible lo, to use the adoption pet as the reason to attract the animal lover. But if I noe this type of pet shop I hope I can go there, coz i want to see how they do..I feel they are "Guo Yang Tou, Mai Gou Rou" sorry I dont noe how to translate in English but I hope some one can help me to explain wut I mean.

daphne1985 04-10-2009 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dog is my buddy (Post 38656)

Clement, which country doing that, coz u said we wont see in local animal shelter.. Do u have that kind of business website, mind to send to me? I hope I can have a look and I really curious to noe ppl that doing this kind of business..

dog is my buddy 04-10-2009 08:38 PM

Daphne,
It can happen any where. it subjective, need youself do the judgement, you can start walking around your neighborhood pet shop, beside that you can search any pet shop have do this type activity at local newspaper, magazine, web page and forum.
Let us know if you find up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by daphne1985 (Post 39116)
Clement, which country doing that, coz u said we wont see in local animal shelter.. Do u have that kind of business website, mind to send to me? I hope I can have a look and I really curious to noe ppl that doing this kind of business..

aliciahorsley 04-11-2009 09:56 PM

clement, no offense but do you mean ALL petshops who do rescue fall in one of those two categories?

dog is my buddy 04-11-2009 10:41 PM

aliciahorsley,
it subjective, need have an own judgement, since you have do Pet shop business, what do you think about this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by aliciahorsley (Post 39255)
clement, no offense but do you mean ALL petshops who do rescue fall in one of those two categories?

dog is my buddy 04-11-2009 11:47 PM

today I meet a friend at afternoon, one of another friend have a new puppy golden Retriever was Stolen last 1 week. do you know how it stolen and get back?
Here I worte, the dog was stolen at house. they jump inside house and took it. After then they went one by one pet shop for asking who interest want this puppy and give them a call. My friend have search any place and also pet shop, it already gone what she thinking. She also do the polis report.
But one day, her brother get a news who have selling this golden Retriever puppy by pet shop. He calling this pet shop, the owner also introduced have a good quality golden Retriever puppy. When he brother meet up pet shop owner and them ready a puppy together. he feel this look like really same her sister dog. He calling sister come over and together with polis report and MicroChip ID. The pet shop unable say anymore. it is stolen dog.
You can see here, Pet shop selling Stolen dog and pretended as animals lover.