PetFinder.my

PetFinder.my (https://forums.petfinder.my/index.php)
-   Coffee Room (https://forums.petfinder.my/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Can anyone in Penang help me? (https://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=722)

pyton 08-19-2008 12:38 AM

Can anyone in Penang help me?

Hi.... was wondering if anyone from Penang may know of anyone traveling to KL or Kuantan and willing to help me transport a small dog please?

BabyZee 08-19-2008 12:51 AM

Re: Can anyone in Penang help me?

Quote:

Originally Posted by pyton (Post 4822)
Hi.... was wondering if anyone from Penang may know of anyone traveling to KL or Kuantan and willing to help me transport a small dog please?

I think it would be easier if you state the reasons for the matter here..{wink}

pyton 08-19-2008 12:21 PM

It's a little small dog that i am getting for my doggy Blade so he will have a pal. As i am unable to get a small breed short furred dog else where, i found one in Penang from Mudah at a very reasonable price and basically fell in love with her photo and spoke to the person and she seems perfect. As my place is small i cannot adopt a bigger dog. A few months back a friend left his dog at my place for 2 days, and Blade was so very happy with her that when he took the dog back he was so sad. Made me realize he needed a doggy companion. I have been searching every since, and now that i've found her but in the other end of the country. So i will appreciate any help i can get as i have tried transporting companys and even fire fly but they won't allow a dog on bored. {cry} .... tried the buses but they will only allow a doggy in the baggage compartment under the bus {scared} which i could never allow my dog to be in. He is getting to be an old man and i want the last few years for him to be happy... as he has been trough so much in his life (you can read in my profile).... Blade and I will really appreciate and help.

June 08-19-2008 12:55 PM

Pyton,honestly I haven't heard transporting dog service yet in Malaysia.I think the only way you can do it is to drive yourself up to Penang and bring the dog back to KUL. Or else you get your friend/family' car to drive up there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pyton (Post 4903)
It's a little small dog that i am getting for my doggy Blade so he will have a pal. As i am unable to get a small breed short furred dog else where, i found one in Penang from Mudah at a very reasonable price and basically fell in love with her photo and spoke to the person and she seems perfect. As my place is small i cannot adopt a bigger dog. A few months back a friend left his dog at my place for 2 days, and Blade was so very happy with her that when he took the dog back he was so sad. Made me realize he needed a doggy companion. I have been searching every since, and now that i've found her but in the other end of the country. So i will appreciate any help i can get as i have tried transporting companys and even fire fly but they won't allow a dog on bored. {cry} .... tried the buses but they will only allow a doggy in the baggage compartment under the bus {scared} which i could never allow my dog to be in. He is getting to be an old man and i want the last few years for him to be happy... as he has been trough so much in his life (you can read in my profile).... Blade and I will really appreciate and help.

imann 08-19-2008 04:26 PM

had u try to call MAS?...animal hotel ada provide services for pet...try call the reservation to find out more about the services.

June 08-19-2008 04:34 PM

aduhai!! permaisuri imaan,MAS punya boarding service lousylah.kesian kat binatang2.then anjing dan kucing durang tak separate.tension je kucing2 kat sana.Then binatang tu akan kena kuarantin tp tak tau berapa lama.mgkn bergantung pd negara/negeri mana binatang tu datang.

Pyton,if you want you can go ahead and see for yourself MAS animal boarding at Sepang.

Quote:

Originally Posted by imann (Post 4974)
had u try to call MAS?...animal hotel ada provide services for pet...try call the reservation to find out more about the services.

imann 08-19-2008 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by June (Post 4977)
aduhai!! permaisuri imaan,MAS punya boarding service lousylah.kesian kat binatang2.then anjing dan kucing durang tak separate.tension je kucing2 kat sana.Then binatang tu akan kena kuarantin tp tak tau berapa lama.mgkn bergantung pd negara/negeri mana binatang tu datang.

Pyton,if you want you can go ahead and see for yourself MAS animal boarding at Sepang.

ye ke?..sorry lah geng...walau aku keja MAS...tp bab2 maskargo tu..aku tak bape pasti...coz normally I ikut naik flight sekali...cat will chk in sekali la...kalau mcm ni takde kuarentin...

Setahu aku lah..kalau local...I mean within semenanjung...no kuarantin....infact when I bring nurul's cats from Sarawak to Kuala Lumpur pun...no kuarantin...chk in as per normal...just pay some amount accotrding to their weight jek....then bila sampai KUL...aku collect mcm biasa..I mean...staff incharge will bring the cats to arrival hall and make annoucement calling my name to identify and collect the cats....

so if frm penang to kul...shud be no prob....if takde org ikut the cats/dog....maskargo will handle....if ada org ikut the pets....they will be chk in mcm biasa we chk in laggage...but they will put in seperate compartment kat tmpt beg kat cargo tu...but ada oksigen lah...ini prosedure MAS la....kalau maskargo lain sikit....

pyton 08-19-2008 04:51 PM

Dear Dear June and Iman.... i don't want to bored the poor pooch just bring her home to Kuantan with minimal stress to her. {happy} As for driving there and back its a long long way and cost is very high these days. So was hoping to find a kind hearted soul out there who is making a trip to Kuantan from Penang that can bring her along and work something out with me. I would take a bus there to bring her back but they will only allow me to keep her in the luggage compartment which is not an option. Maybe someone driving down will like some doggy company??? {wink} I tried many other options but no luck. {cry}

pyton 08-19-2008 05:19 PM

Right Iman sounds interesting but there is no direct flight from Penang to Kuantan. Do you know the procedure for sending? Is it safe by Mas kargo? Is it costly? As i tried fire fly but no can do.... they don't allow any pets at all.

dog is my buddy 08-19-2008 05:48 PM

Pyton,
Since you no much choice. Have a way very simple. You call the taxi with you come down to penang, After pick the dog. going back with same taxi.
For my advise have a dog or cat try get own transport. Normally asking someone or friend help you is a bit hard.

imann 08-19-2008 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pyton (Post 4994)
Right Iman sounds interesting but there is no direct flight from Penang to Kuantan. Do you know the procedure for sending? Is it safe by Mas kargo? Is it costly? As i tried fire fly but no can do.... they don't allow any pets at all.

well...no airlines wud fly frm penang to kuantan dear...wat ever it is..hv to turun KUL dulu....

By MASkargo...u hv to chk with them dear...about the prosedure and cost..since I'm not with MASKARGO...never use their service pun...so cannot comment....I only use MAS service...which mean I fly together with the cats...so its only cost me rm70 (if I'm not mistaken)...for 2 cats fly from Kuching - KUL....and of couse my flight ticket cost lg lah...hehehehe...

as for asking friends to help...I agree with dog my buddy..a bit hard to find la...if ada pun...u hv to pay their minyak & tol...so I rather go my self to pick the cat/dog....at least I know their condition....

Like my case...I was visiting Nurul (Felix the cat) in Sarawak....and on the way back to KUL she asked me to bring along her 2 cats with me...dont want go thru MASKARGO....so I just bring them with me...chk them in the flight...when arrive in KUL...I collect them terus frm the arrival hall....NO KUARANTIN AT ALL

If u taking about stress....I guess in any way cats/dogs will stress thru any journey....so...its your choise dear...nak sewa teksi ke...drive sendiri ke...or taking flight....we all only can suggest....{victory}...

Good luck dear...

June 08-19-2008 06:26 PM

mgkn kucing procedure lain kot imann.bapa aku pernah transfer anjing dari Sandakan ke KK.aduhai!! lecehnya betul.kena buat kandang lg utk anjing.anjing tu boss company punya shifted dari Sandakan ke KK.naik kapal terbang gak.MAS boarding service mmg lousy.

Pyton,I think you should consider dog is my buddy suggestion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by imann (Post 5014)
well...no airlines wud fly frm penang to kuantan dear...wat ever it is..hv to turun KUL dulu....

By MASkargo...u hv to chk with them dear...about the prosedure and cost..since I'm not with MASKARGO...never use their service pun...so cannot comment....I only use MAS service...which mean I fly together with the cats...so its only cost me rm70 (if I'm not mistaken)...for 2 cats fly from Kuching - KUL....and of couse my flight ticket cost lg lah...hehehehe...

as for asking friends to help...I agree with dog my buddy..a bit hard to find la...if ada pun...u hv to pay their minyak & tol...so I rather go my self to pick the cat/dog....at least I know their condition....

Like my case...I was visiting Nurul (Felix the cat) in Sarawak....and on the way back to KUL she asked me to bring along her 2 cats with me...dont want go thru MASKARGO....so I just bring them with me...chk them in the flight...when arrive in KUL...I collect them terus frm the arrival hall....NO KUARANTIN AT ALL

If u taking about stress....I guess in any way cats/dogs will stress thru any journey....so...its your choise dear...nak sewa teksi ke...drive sendiri ke...or taking flight....we all only can suggest....{victory}...

Good luck dear...

imann 08-20-2008 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by June (Post 5022)
mgkn kucing procedure lain kot imann.bapa aku pernah transfer anjing dari Sandakan ke KK.aduhai!! lecehnya betul.kena buat kandang lg utk anjing.anjing tu boss company punya shifted dari Sandakan ke KK.naik kapal terbang gak.MAS boarding service mmg lousy.

Pyton,I think you should consider dog is my buddy suggestion.

june..

between sabah or sarawak mmg prosedure lain geng....semenanjung easy...between semenanjung to sabah/sarawak oso susah...prosedure lain....