PetFinder.my

PetFinder.my (https://forums.petfinder.my/index.php)
-   Pet Shops & Services (https://forums.petfinder.my/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Ethical Pet Shops (https://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=2440)

blackie007 06-19-2009 11:53 AM

Ethical Pet Shops

There are pet shops and there ARE pet shops. It is up to us to decide which pet shop we want to buy from. It is our money, and our choice.

For me, I would support only ethical pet shops, even if they are located far away from my home.

I am posting this because I read in another thread that a member here suggested that we open a thread to discuss ethical pet shops.

I shall start here with one shop first.

I would like to recommend Pet Epicure, at Taman Melawati, Ampang.

Address: No. 16, Jalan Bandar 2, Taman Melawati
email address is petepicure@gmail.com
Web site: http://petepicure.wordpress.com/

The proprietor is Alicia Ling Horsley. You can reach her at reach on 012- 331 3318 or 012- 905 9010.

sillylupie 06-19-2009 01:19 PM

Home Pet Food & Care

Another good ethical pet shop. Foster stray kittens, "single" meowmmy ... :)

Good discount too. Plus this is where you can get OKO PLUS big big bag!

Home Pet Food & Care
41 Jalan 1/149J,
Bandar Baru Seri Petaling,
57000 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel : +603 9059 3191

Look for Jimmy / Angela for good deals! :)

{good}{good}

June 06-19-2009 01:22 PM

Ethical Pet Shops

Charlene,Bina.Do u guys know any ethical shop around KL?? Some forumers asked me abt this but beside Alicia and Jimmy, I think most shops are around PJ or Bangsar.

moggies 06-19-2009 02:53 PM

Re: Ethical Pet Shops

hi,

what are the criteria that make a pet shop ethical?

i've been to pet epicure and i do think they are doing a great job to help homeless cats get homed. and the cat hotel is so cozy!!! i don't mind sending my cats there for boarding if i have extra $$$.

sillylupie 06-19-2009 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by June (Post 48729)
Charlene,Bina.Do u guys know any ethical shop around KL?? Some forumers asked me abt this but beside Alicia and Jimmy, I think most shops are around PJ or Bangsar.

It is good thing that we setup this thread to share!

I know there's one great ethical shop in Kajang, but memory is failing me self! Someone help!

blackie007 06-19-2009 04:59 PM

Yup, let's share positive things. I heard of one good, ethical pet shop in Sri Hartamas, but I don't remember the name. I'll do my rounds this weekend and next to find out more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sillylupie (Post 48775)

I know there's one great ethical shop in Kajang, but memory is failing me self! Someone help!

blackie007 06-19-2009 05:03 PM

Hi Moggies,

I'm not sure about you, but for me, an ethical shop (not only pet shop) is one that is honest. That means, they don't hide any relevant info from their customers, and they give their honest opinion at all times, even if it means losing a sale.

I apply this rule to all kinds of shops I go to, e.g. hair salons/opticians /restaurant/etc, not only pet shops. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by moggies (Post 48756)
hi,

what are the criteria that make a pet shop ethical?

i've been to pet epicure and i do think they are doing a great job to help homeless cats get homed. and the cat hotel is so cozy!!! i don't mind sending my cats there for boarding if i have extra $$$.

dog is my buddy 06-19-2009 05:14 PM

Sillylupie,
I think is good to have this thread, it can let public know more information Ethical Pet Shops. Since we have read many Pet Shop N Clinic from Hall of Shame was hunting you mind and soul.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sillylupie (Post 48775)

dog is my buddy 06-19-2009 05:16 PM

I heard from my KL friend said this pet shop is great! Maybe one should visit Alicia Ling Horsley and her pet shop.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackie007 (Post 48697)
There are pet shops and there ARE pet shops. It is up to us to decide which pet shop we want to buy from. It is our money, and our choice.

For me, I would support only ethical pet shops, even if they are located far away from my home.

I am posting this because I read in another thread that a member here suggested that we open a thread to discuss ethical pet shops.

I shall start here with one shop first.

I would like to recommend Pet Epicure, at Taman Melawati, Ampang.

Address: No. 16, Jalan Bandar 2, Taman Melawati
email address is petepicure@gmail.com
Web site: http://petepicure.wordpress.com/

The proprietor is Alicia Ling Horsley. You can reach her at reach on 012- 331 3318 or 012- 905 9010.

blackie007 06-19-2009 05:24 PM

Yup, it's a great pet shop, Clement, run by great ladies. Amy, Alicia's mum, is a great person. She was the one who recommended Addiction to me when I asked if there's any cat food that don't contain grains & fillers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dog is my buddy (Post 48781)
I heard from my KL friend said this pet shop is great! Maybe one should visit Alicia Ling Horsley and her pet shop.

BerniceW 06-19-2009 09:45 PM

I would like to reccomend members from Johor Bahru that, there is a very nice & super clean Pet Shop in Johor Bahru, cleanest of all pet shops I ever visited so far (both KL & JB){good}{good}{good}, no smell of dogs & cats at all.

Staff there are very friendly & most important, they are all animal luvers {good}{good}, help to look for adopters too.

Cages there are all very clean & spacious & all stainless steels, should have visit their animal boarding room, big, spacious & clean, no cages, but only stainless steel play pans, they will allow dogs to come out for walk and play everyday{good}{good}{good}.

Name of the pet shop is:-

Global Pets
Taman Mount Austin
Johor Bahru

New Branch just opened at Taman Gaya, Johor Bahru.

cookie 06-20-2009 12:18 AM

hi Moggies. (Apologies Mr Double Oh Seven, just 2 sentences please).
Couldn't resist reading your blog; is Indy that tiny tot who climbed all over me when I was at your home; poor Indy. Kenggy is fat, fat, fat!

Segar Pet Hospital (not 100% sure of the name) at Taman Segar, Kuala Lumpur has a section that sells pet food including special diets.

moggies 06-24-2009 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookie (Post 48838)
hi Moggies. (Apologies Mr Double Oh Seven, just 2 sentences please).
Couldn't resist reading your blog; is Indy that tiny tot who climbed all over me when I was at your home; poor Indy. Kenggy is fat, fat, fat!

Segar Pet Hospital (not 100% sure of the name) at Taman Segar, Kuala Lumpur has a section that sells pet food including special diets.

hey cookie,

yep, u got that rite. that's indy. she's all grown up now. was kenngy ever thin??? :P. how can i fatten indy up? she eats a lot but doesn't seem to be putting much weight.

farahnm 06-25-2009 08:18 AM

I heard one friend of mine says one kedai in Sri Petaling provide very good service, the doc is very gentle and the price is very affordable. Unfortunately he forgot the name of the shop. Anyone know this shop?

cookie 06-25-2009 09:43 AM

Since Indy eats a lot, either Indy is super hyper or has a high metabolism rate. {happy} Kenggy is fatter than ever. {ohmygod}
Quote:

Originally Posted by moggies (Post 49815)
hey cookie,yep, u got that rite. that's indy. she's all grown up now. was kenngy ever thin??? :P. how can i fatten indy up? she eats a lot but doesn't seem to be putting much weight.

blackie007 06-25-2009 10:12 AM

Ahhh...not sure I understand your question, farah.

Pet shop or pet clinic in Sri Petaling? (You mentioned "the doc is very gentle")

Quote:

Originally Posted by farahnm (Post 49854)
I heard one friend of mine says one kedai in Sri Petaling provide very good service, the doc is very gentle and the price is very affordable. Unfortunately he forgot the name of the shop. Anyone know this shop?

asmaradonat 06-25-2009 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BerniceW (Post 48817)
I would like to reccomend members from Johor Bahru that, there is a very nice & super clean Pet Shop in Johor Bahru, cleanest of all pet shops I ever visited so far (both KL & JB){good}{good}{good}, no smell of dogs & cats at all.

Staff there are very friendly & most important, they are all animal luvers {good}{good}, help to look for adopters too.

Cages there are all very clean & spacious & all stainless steels, should have visit their animal boarding room, big, spacious & clean, no cages, but only stainless steel play pans, they will allow dogs to come out for walk and play everyday{good}{good}{good}.

Name of the pet shop is:-

Global Pets
Taman Mount Austin
Johor Bahru

New Branch just opened at Taman Gaya, Johor Bahru.

i do agree with u... i work and usually hv lunch near the petshop. for catlover like me, i hv no problem when looking for grooming product but hv to go elsewhere to get catfood supply.

as i warm up my car engine going home after work i can see the worker walking the dogs. {good}

farahnm 06-25-2009 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackie007 (Post 49887)
Ahhh...not sure I understand your question, farah.

Pet shop or pet clinic in Sri Petaling? (You mentioned "the doc is very gentle")

Err.. blackie, I also not sure whether it is pet clinic or pet shop {grin}..I just quote my friend said things are cheap and affordable, include service and treatment.. hrmmphh

blackie007 06-25-2009 06:38 PM

If you are looking for cat products, this pet shop has a large selection, from food, litter to toys. It has everything a cat needs and the price is reasonable. Also, the owner & wife are genuine animal lovers and they are always rescuing strays.

This is the name & address of the pet shop at Sri Petaling.

Home Pet Food & Care
41 Jalan 1/149J,
Bandar Baru Seri Petaling,
57000 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel : +603 9059 3191

A few doors away is a pet clinic, but I can't comment on it as I've never patronised the clinic. I only patronize the pet shop.

Look for Jimmy or Angela at the pet shop.

Quote:

Originally Posted by farahnm (Post 49975)
Err.. blackie, I also not sure whether it is pet clinic or pet shop {grin}..I just quote my friend said things are cheap and affordable, include service and treatment.. hrmmphh

adamyala 06-26-2009 07:42 AM

Hey guys....pls check this place out..
I ve been patronizing WINNER PET PLAZA in TTDI, .....for 5+ years
nope....never seen any cats/dogs for sale there....
Infact, I DID myself asked them *any kittens for sale here ? Or do you know anybody who wants to sell ?* You know whats the answer ?
*No....but there are cute ones at the back you could adopt for free...pls help yourself to one or two, maybe 3..* And I was like.....{oh}{oh} MALUUUUU !!!!!{ohmygod}{ohmygod}

There are rescued cats at the back....some with their mommy still suckling.
I noticed how clean the back area has been kept. Myself and my dotter fifi normally spend sometime there playing with the cats, before start filling our kart, without having to close our nose {shy}

One day, some idiots simply left five kittens in a shoe box at the shop's entrance. The lady who normally works morning shift, was calling the vet *healing pet, my vet also laaa..* when I was around buying cat food, she was on the phone asking if they could do something about the kittens. The kittens were still very young. With professional care, they may survive. And...later the kittens were rushed to the vet.

WINNER PETS PLAZA
No 3, Jln Tun Mohd Fuad 3
Tmn Tun Dr Ismail
60000 KL

TEL : 03-7727 8469, Fax : 03-7729 4145

Note : next to KFC TTDI