PetFinder.my

PetFinder.my (https://forums.petfinder.my/index.php)
-   Movies & TV (https://forums.petfinder.my/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   American Idol Season 8 (2009) (https://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=1969)

blackie007 03-16-2009 04:19 PM

American Idol Season 8 (2009)

I just discovered last night that there are some members here who enjoy watching American Idol. I wish I had started this thread last year, for season 7.

Here's the Top 11 for this Wednesday's performance, for the benefit of those who don't follow it week after week. {wink}

http://ktimothy.com/American-Idol/wp...11-300x235.jpg

They are, clockwise from top left: Anoop Desai, Megan Joy Corkrey, Kris Allen, Danny Gokey, Matthew Giraud, Lil Rounds, Scott McIntyre, Alexis Grace, Adam Lambert, Allison Iraheta & Michael Sarver.

Looks like Adam Lambert has 3 fans here, namely, me, a.lya and cookie. Anymore? Shall we take a poll and see who are our top two favourites? {grin}

illa79 03-16-2009 04:27 PM

Re: American Idol Season 8 (2009)

I vote for Adam Lambert vs Danny Gokey in the finals...{victory}{victory}

pity tho that the puerto rican guy was voted off last week...wrong song choice..he has a great voice...would've loved to see/hear more of him...

blackie007 03-16-2009 04:32 PM

yay! another adam lambert fan. {grin}{grin}

hehe, the puerto rican guy.....my favourite moment was when he was so excited that he burst into spanish, and ryan seacrest went, "thank you, thank you,thank you" & nodding away wisely like as if he's translating it for the audience. {shy}

Quote:

Originally Posted by illa79 (Post 34584)

pity tho that the puerto rican guy was voted off last week...wrong song choice..he has a great voice...would've loved to see/hear more of him...

illa79 03-16-2009 04:47 PM

owh..i purposely didn't watch the earlier selection stages..to avoid the being frustrated when the one i like dont get choosen to top 13..{shy}{shy},so i missed that episode..{sick}

anyways,Alexis Grace is also another one to watch...wonder if they'll make it final 3 instead of 2,since the've changed the format a bit????

a.lya 03-16-2009 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackie007 (Post 34581)
I just discovered last night that there are some members here who enjoy watching American Idol. I wish I had started this thread last year, for season 7.

Here's the Top 11 for this Wednesday's performance, for the benefit of those who don't follow it week after week. {wink}

http://ktimothy.com/American-Idol/wp...11-300x235.jpg

They are, clockwise from top left: Anoop Desai, Megan Joy Corkrey, Kris Allen, Danny Gokey, Matthew Giraud, Lil Rounds, Scott McIntyre, Alexis Grace, Adam Lambert, Allison Iraheta & Michael Sarver.

Looks like Adam Lambert has 3 fans here, namely, me, a.lya and cookie. Anymore? Shall we take a poll and see who are our top two favourites? {grin}

Alexis and Allison are sitting a bit too close to my Adam. Grrr. {angry}{angry}

Oh! I just remembered I also like Meghan. She has some funky dance moves. Hahaha. And I like her tatoo. {oh}

rozzygee 03-16-2009 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illa79 (Post 34584)

yeZzzzzzzzzaaa!! me too! {victory} They got my vote! err by the way can we vote them? {grin}

blackie007 03-16-2009 06:01 PM

Yup, I hope they make it final 3 instead of 2. I like Alexis, and voted for Adam & her here. Actually, there are a few I like....but these 2 are my top, top favourites.

I think it's great that Scott MacIntyre is in the Top 11, as he is sending a message to the less fortunate like him that you should not let your handicap stop you from pursuing your dreams. I hope he goes far, as it's a good message that he's sending out to the visually impaired.

Quote:

Originally Posted by illa79 (Post 34591)
owh..i purposely didn't watch the earlier selection stages..to avoid the being frustrated when the one i like dont get choosen to top 13..{shy}{shy},so i missed that episode..{sick}

anyways,Alexis Grace is also another one to watch...wonder if they'll make it final 3 instead of 2,since the've changed the format a bit????

hahaha, he has many female admirers, a.lya. {wink} he's got a cool hairstyle, and cool dressing sense. I like one of his pants, the one with a chain dangling around, and was bugging my hubby to get me one exactly like that. I had seen it in a shop sometime last year, and wanted it, but hubby said it's for teeny-boppers, not for married adults. {cry}

oh ya, i also think adam lambert would look great as a vampire, cool hairstyle, cool dress sense. {shy}{shy}

Quote:

Originally Posted by a.lya (Post 34597)
Alexis and Allison are sitting a bit too close to my Adam. Grrr. {angry}{angry}

Oh! I just remembered I also like Meghan. She has some funky dance moves. Hahaha. And I like her tatoo. {oh}

Rozzy, we can't vote, but you CAN VOTE HERE!! So, please vote for your 2 top favourites, and let us know who you voted. {grin}

Quote:

Originally Posted by rozzygee (Post 34598)

yeZzzzzzzzzaaa!! me too! {victory} They got my vote! err by the way can we vote them? {grin}

blackie007 03-16-2009 06:16 PM

a.lya, cookie,
below are the "transferred" posts from jimmy's thread Lessons for All Cat Owners.

-------------
hehe, adam lambert is cool, isn't he? {high} I think there's a chance he'll be the next American Idol. I hope so, anyway. {grin}

Ahh....sudirman, i think he's famous for "balik kampung" or something like that, right? my octogenarian grandma used to love P Ramlee. well, she's back to dust now, otherwise she and your mum could walk down memory lane together.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookie (Post 34547)
I like Adam Lambert, too. He reminds me of Elvis Presley. Perhaps it is his black hair, drain pipe trousers and the way he shakes his legs sometimes.
Aaah, no one could replace P Ramlee - his voice and the way he sang the songs especially 'Tudung Periuk'. My octogenarian mum loves Sudirman and Tom Jones. {mwidegrin}

hahaha, yup, gramps' boy. ya lor, it was fun to see those drama between her an Kara. my hubby was so sure they'll keep bikini girl, nathaniel & tatiana for drama-value, and was disappointed that they got axed. {shy}

Oh, not only turtle-necks, but wear a neck-support, too. {shy}

adam lambert will make a great vampire.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a.lya (Post 34594)
He's a grandmama's boy. xD Bikini girl? Yeah..they sorta eliminate her a tad too early. I wish I could see more drama between her and Kara. Hehehe.

I'll make sure I'll wear turtlenecks everyday so that it won't roll off. {nah}

Kaaaaaaaan? Adam Lambert is something else. {cool} He really stands out and he doesn't disappoint his many - drooling - fans. {high}

Though I wish to see him wear a simple t-shirt some day. He's always wearing a jacket or a long sleeved collared shirt. He also seems to like the colour black. {sweat} I'm beginning to think he's a vampire. xD

vivienlpl 03-16-2009 07:41 PM

adam.....:P
he is so sexy hahaha {shy}

BabyZee 03-16-2009 08:07 PM

owhhh..i'm missing alot...huhu...
{cry}{cry}{cry}{cry}{cry}{cry}{cry}{cry}{cry}

June 03-16-2009 08:11 PM

Sorry guys.I vote for Lil Round.I think she got the whole package as an idol {good}

Adam Lambert is no doubt good looking but Lil Round is the real performer & entertainer.{victory}

a.lya 03-16-2009 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackie007 (Post 34610)
hahaha, he has many female admirers, a.lya. {wink} he's got a cool hairstyle, and cool dressing sense. I like one of his pants, the one with a chain dangling around, and was bugging my hubby to get me one exactly like that. I had seen it in a shop sometime last year, and wanted it, but hubby said it's for teeny-boppers, not for married adults. {cry}

oh ya, i also think adam lambert would look great as a vampire, cool hairstyle, cool dress sense. {shy}{shy}

Adam Lambert also has many male admirers. {scared} Ngarrrr. I can't wait for the next round.

Ooh. Those pants are really stylish. I should bug my boyfriend to get a pair of those. {grin} I wish Adam would stop wearing eyeliner though. He already has pretty eyes. {high}

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackie007 (Post 34614)
hehe, adam lambert is cool, isn't he? {high} I think there's a chance he'll be the next American Idol. I hope so, anyway. {grin}

hahaha, yup, gramps' boy. ya lor, it was fun to see those drama between her an Kara. my hubby was so sure they'll keep bikini girl, nathaniel & tatiana for drama-value, and was disappointed that they got axed. {shy}

Oh, not only turtle-necks, but wear a neck-support, too. {shy}

adam lambert will make a great vampire.

Yeah. There's a high chance that he'll be the next AI. Let's just hope he's consistent and gets even better along the way.

Omigoshhh. Tatiana was kinda annoying. Fortunately she didn't -really- freak out when she was eliminated. Eh, actually I'd like to see that. xD

Haaaa. Where am I gonna find a neck-support. {cry}

blackie007 03-16-2009 09:04 PM

aww...baby sis, it's ok. u can view them from youtube, i'm sure.
hey, so glad to see u "alive" again.....u must have got some blood already? anyway, u might like adam lambert, a potential vampire. {shy}{shy}

Quote:

Originally Posted by BabyZee (Post 34634)
owhhh..i'm missing alot...huhu...
{cry}{cry}{cry}{cry}{cry}{cry}{cry}{cry}{cry}

Oh, I like Lil Rounds too. Really big voice. She sounds like Mary J. Blighe. I think you'll be seeing her in many more little rounds *quote Paula Abdul* {shy}{shy}{shy}

Speaking of Paula Abdul, she has been saying in interviews that she thinks 4 judges is a crowd. I wonder if there's a hidden meaning there?

Anyway, anyone noticed that in this season she seems to have difficulty speaking? I mean, she speaks one word by one word, like as if it's quite hard for her to form the words.

Quote:

Originally Posted by June (Post 34636)
Sorry guys.I vote for Lil Round.I think she got the whole package as an idol {good}

Adam Lambert is no doubt good looking but Lil Round is the real performer & entertainer.{victory}

hahahah......he might just be gay..........{shy}{shy}{shy}

aww..... u also like his pants? {shy}

ya, tatiana was irritatingly entertaining. her laugh, oh man. i actually copied her laugh & echoed after her each time she laughed on screen, u know. {shy} i was hoping for some real drama when she was eliminated, too.

hehe, u can get neck-support from pharmacies.....or june can sponsor u one since she's the one who chopped your head half-way. {catlaugh}{catlaugh}{catlaugh}

Quote:

Originally Posted by a.lya (Post 34640)
Adam Lambert also has many male admirers. {scared} Ngarrrr. I can't wait for the next round.

Ooh. Those pants are really stylish. I should bug my boyfriend to get a pair of those. {grin} I wish Adam would stop wearing eyeliner though. He already has pretty eyes. {high}

Yeah. There's a high chance that he'll be the next AI. Let's just hope he's consistent and gets even better along the way.

Omigoshhh. Tatiana was kinda annoying. Fortunately she didn't -really- freak out when she was eliminated. Eh, actually I'd like to see that. xD

cookie 03-16-2009 10:07 PM

Err, I am the one who happen to like P Ramlee not my octogenarian mother; she prefers Sudirman and Tom Jones. I wouldn't want to 'walk down memory lane' with your grandma. {scared} I consider myself still very 'young'. {tongue} But I will be happy to chat if she could 'rise' and come to me (will seize the opportunity to ask for 4D and strike it big, big). {nah}
Quote:

a.lya, cookie,
below are the "transferred" posts from jimmy's thread Lessons for All Cat Owners.

-------------

Ahh....sudirman, i think he's famous for "balik kampung" or something like that, right? my octogenarian grandma used to love P Ramlee. well, she's back to dust now, otherwise she and your mum could walk down memory lane together.

Adam wears eyeliner? I didn't see it. {oh} Perhaps I was too sleepy as I watch it on 8TV past midnight Thursday, that is early Friday morning. {zzz}{sick}
Quote:

Originally Posted by a.lya (Post 34640)

June 03-16-2009 11:39 PM

you know Charlene, alya's head actually dangling from her neck.I need cellophane tape to put it back. {shy}{shy}{shy}

Yeah,Lil Rounds are really good. I like her {good}{good} I like artise with big voice {grin}

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackie007 (Post 34643)
aww...baby sis, it's ok. u can view them from youtube, i'm sure.
hey, so glad to see u "alive" again.....u must have got some blood already? anyway, u might like adam lambert, a potential vampire. {shy}{shy}

Oh, I like Lil Rounds too. Really big voice. She sounds like Mary J. Blighe. I think you'll be seeing her in many more little rounds *quote Paula Abdul* {shy}{shy}{shy}

Speaking of Paula Abdul, she has been saying in interviews that she thinks 4 judges is a crowd. I wonder if there's a hidden meaning there?

Anyway, anyone noticed that in this season she seems to have difficulty speaking? I mean, she speaks one word by one word, like as if it's quite hard for her to form the words.

hahahah......he might just be gay..........{shy}{shy}{shy}

aww..... u also like his pants? {shy}

ya, tatiana was irritatingly entertaining. her laugh, oh man. i actually copied her laugh & echoed after her each time she laughed on screen, u know. {shy} i was hoping for some real drama when she was eliminated, too.

hehe, u can get neck-support from pharmacies.....or june can sponsor u one since she's the one who chopped your head half-way. {catlaugh}{catlaugh}{catlaugh}

blackie007 03-16-2009 11:49 PM

aww....so sorry, cookie, i got mixed-up there. guess i got carried away thinking my gramps would have been excited that someone likes P Ramlee as much as she did.

and you are still ahem, very young. {shy}{shy}{shy}

yup, adam wears eyeliner. in fact, it looks more like kohl....that's how dark and thick it is. it's part of the rock image thingy, i'd say.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookie (Post 34647)
Err, I am the one who happen to like P Ramlee not my octogenarian mother; she prefers Sudirman and Tom Jones. I wouldn't want to 'walk down memory lane' with your grandma. {scared} I consider myself still very 'young'. {tongue} But I will be happy to chat if she could 'rise' and come to me (will seize the opportunity to ask for 4D and strike it big, big). {nah}

Adam wears eyeliner? I didn't see it. {oh} Perhaps I was too sleepy as I watch it on 8TV past midnight Thursday, that is early Friday morning. {zzz}{sick}

oh my! dangling from her neck? aww....so she looks like a zombie?? {scared}{sick} make sure u tape it kuat-kuat, u know. {shy}{shy}

i liked latoya london & jeniffer hudson in season 3, too. they have big voices. but they never made it to the top 5, even though they were better than jasmine, the philipino girl from hawaii.

Quote:

Originally Posted by June (Post 34655)
you know Charlene, alya's head actually dangling from her neck.I need cellophane tape to put it back. {shy}{shy}{shy}

Yeah,Lil Rounds are really good. I like her {good}{good} I like artise with big voice {grin}

a.lya 03-17-2009 12:08 PM

I poof-ed for awhile and now my head is dangling from my neck?! {sweat}

blackie007 03-17-2009 12:55 PM

looks like june did a good job. {good}{catlaugh}{catlaugh}{catlaugh}

Quote:

Originally Posted by a.lya (Post 34699)
I poof-ed for awhile and now my head is dangling from my neck?! {sweat}

June 03-17-2009 01:33 PM

yeah, I tape kuat kuat like u said {smile}{smile}

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackie007 (Post 34717)
looks like june did a good job. {good}{catlaugh}{catlaugh}{catlaugh}

illa79 03-17-2009 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackie007 (Post 34610)

I think it's great that Scott MacIntyre is in the Top 11, as he is sending a message to the less fortunate like him that you should not let your handicap stop you from pursuing your dreams. I hope he goes far, as it's a good message that he's sending out to the visually impaired.

Yup ,i agree..definitely sending a good message..alas only in the west will these artiste be appreciated,something very much lacking here{sick}{sick}

Quote:

[B] my octogenarian grandma used to love P Ramlee.

i love the late Tan Sri P Ramlee too...he will never be replaced..{cry}{cry}

p/s,i think Sir Sean Connery is HOT!!{shy}{shy}{grin}