PetFinder.my

PetFinder.my (https://forums.petfinder.my/index.php)
-   Vets & Docs Reviews (https://forums.petfinder.my/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Sakit Mata (https://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=1075)

Chitam 10-07-2008 09:59 PM

Sakit Mata

My new baby's sakit mata....{mcry} tak boley bukak langsung... I did bring him to vet, but they only give me "Eye Ointment"... [something like that]... and I also did buy an "Optic Clear" for eye wash, semalam masa letak eye wash tu mata dia bley bukak sikit laa... but not today... tak bukak langsung... is there any way to cure this.... any petua? {msad}

Kesian kat Tiger.... {msad}yang lain ok... but he's the only one yang sakit mata... the rest so notty... sian dia main sorang2.... any supplement to give him? he seem to be so thin lately... kurang minum susu pun...

Penghulu 10-07-2008 10:15 PM

Re: Sakit Mata

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chitam (Post 13038)
My new baby's sakit mata....{mcry} tak boley bukak langsung... I did bring him to vet, but they only give me "Eye Ointment"... [something like that]... and I also did buy an "Optic Clear" for eye wash, semalam masa letak eye wash tu mata dia bley bukak sikit laa... but not today... tak bukak langsung... is there any way to cure this.... any petua? {msad}

Kesian kat Tiger.... {msad}yang lain ok... but he's the only one yang sakit mata... the rest so notty... sian dia main sorang2.... any supplement to give him? he seem to be so thin lately... kurang minum susu pun...

Saya pernah lihat vet gunakan air suam dan facial cotton tu untuk sapu di mata dan lembutkan kotoran dan yg selaputi mata kucing...kemudian selepas di sapu dan di bersihkan [ kotoran tu jadi lembut ] baru di sapukan pula ointment yg di gunakan utk kucing tu...kena buat atleast 3 Xs a day...baik nya di pisahkan dgn kucing yg tak infected...

dog is my buddy 10-07-2008 10:25 PM

if Bacterial eye infections , try use as below Ubat with Fusidic acid
Fucithalmic viscous eye drops contain the active ingredient fusidic acid, which is an antibiotic medicine. It is used to treat bacterial infections of the membrane that covers the whites of the eyes and lining of the eyelids (bacterial conjunctivitis).

Chitam 10-07-2008 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dog is my buddy (Post 13040)
if Bacterial eye infections , try use as below Ubat with Fusidic acid
Fucithalmic viscous eye drops contain the active ingredient fusidic acid, which is an antibiotic medicine. It is used to treat bacterial infections of the membrane that covers the whites of the eyes and lining of the eyelids (bacterial conjunctivitis).

"Fusidic Asid"... ok will try to find it... Thanks...

Abg Din, diana nk buat 3X sehari yer... Insyaallah akan di lakukan....

sillylupie 10-07-2008 11:07 PM

Ada satu petua kampung cina (hehehehe), pakai air daun teh cina overnight to wipe on kittens eyes. Remember, teh cina tu kena biarkan overnight....

dog is my buddy 10-07-2008 11:08 PM

I had use it for my dog, it fast recover 10 day. Can buy at Vet.

Pawprints 10-08-2008 02:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Bacteria present can be suseptible or resistant to various antibiotics and you need to know which is behind the eye infection. Although there are several broad spectrum antibiotics available, there are also some medications which contain steroids and as such should be used only as a last resort because of the undesirable effect of steroid which renders other safer medication useless later on should there be a reinfection, leaving you with no other safer options and you certainly would not want to make use of your last silver bullet right at the beginning instead of saving it for when all others fail.

For some minor infections, the normal Nicol eyedrops applied 3 times or so a day for 2 weeks will suffice. However for some more serious infections an antibiotic like Terramycin will need to be applied 3 times or so a day for 2 weeks. If there is Clamydia or some other serious infection, complete loss of the eye (or both eyes) is common, like this pretty baby in the pics who was dumped at the roadside, crying, half blind, thin, starving and full of fleas. You can see in the pics that one eye is completely gone and the other is cloudy. Thank God that because she is very young, the cloudiness may clear. Otherwise she will have lost the vision of one eye plus part of the remaining eye.

I really encourage you to take your pet to a good vet (yes, some vets are not good) and get it treated properly instead of risking blindness and losing good time in catching the problem early making it easier to treat.

ashleywong 10-08-2008 05:50 PM

i agree with pawprints.

for infections or suspected infections, it's better to get treatment for vet instead of OTC medications.

chitam, hope you'd reconsider your decision and take your cat to another vet, if possible. i'm sure you can ask at this forum any recommendation for a good vet near your location.

i'd definitely recommend brickfields animal medical centre to you or their new branch - gasing veterinary hospital. it's along jln gasing but it's nearer to the other end jln gasing near that roundabout - what do you call it - othman roundabout if i'm not mistaken

Chitam 10-08-2008 11:37 PM

Day 7: open a bit eyes, but still pink lid cover half of his left eyes, & right eyes fully cover with pink lids..

Thanks Pawprint... I totally agree with you, nowadays hard to find real vet. I always sticks to gov. vet near my house, [before this they have treated few of my kids in excellent way, and also give the "mesra pelanggan" service{mwidegrin}], But I do really need another vet opinion, coz until now Tiger still cannot open his beautiful eyes... {mcry}

I leave in Port Klang, the nearest vet here is in Bandar Bukit Tinggi, but I do heard that they just need money rather then give good services...[in fact for the first time my mom bring my chitam to vet, they charge us RM110, only for one jab, antibiotic & a tube of vitamin...she was so mad about it until now] I'm working yet limited time coz I'm taking part time courses at Uitm at night, and only be home after 10p.m, my little sister always help me to watch over my kids at home, any suggestion a good vet. near me coz I really...really.. need second opinion...

ashleywong 10-08-2008 11:42 PM

okay forummer,

any good recommendations for vet near klang bdr bukit tinggi?

sorry my recommendation cant'be used for you - it's too far away from you. dari klang ke pj or brickfields jauh jugak kan...

forumers, time for you to step up to the plate....

Chitam 10-08-2008 11:49 PM

Its ok ashley.. if Tiger still have no sign... yet I have to PM you to know the location... I really appreciate your recomendation..{mwidegrin}

June 10-09-2008 12:07 AM

Sakit Mata

Sorry Chitam.Wish I can help you.I'm blur sotong also when comes to Klang area.{sick} kesian tiger.hang on there Chitam.pelan2 dan jgn risau sgt.hopefully tiger will recover soon.ni byk sifu2 mcm ashley and lynie can help you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chitam (Post 13239)
Its ok ashley.. if Tiger still have no sign... yet I have to PM you to know the location... I really appreciate your recomendation..{mwidegrin}

Chitam 10-09-2008 08:06 AM

Days 8: Mata Tiger sebelah kiri da terbuka [fully open] cuma sebelah kanan masih lagi tertutup dgn kelopak pink dari dalam.. da sedikit bengkak di tepi mata.. {mfeelgood}

Thanks kak June, tak ramai yang bley master jalan Klang, kalo tak lahir or bekerja disini, even my friends yang setahun sekali datang beraya kat klang, tiap2 kali nk pi rumah pun sesat... padahal setahun sekali tak penah miss beraya kat umah...{shy}

ashleywong 10-09-2008 08:50 AM

we're all rooting for tiger. hopefully he'll pull through.

the eye that is opened, is it okay?

FurKids 10-09-2008 09:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chitam (Post 13247)
Days 8: Mata Tiger sebelah kiri da terbuka [fully open] cuma sebelah kanan masih lagi tertutup dgn kelopak pink dari dalam.. da sedikit bengkak di tepi mata.. {mfeelgood}

Thanks kak June, tak ramai yang bley master jalan Klang, kalo tak lahir or bekerja disini, even my friends yang setahun sekali datang beraya kat klang, tiap2 kali nk pi rumah pun sesat... padahal setahun sekali tak penah miss beraya kat umah...{shy}

Chitam, jangan tunggu utk jumpa vet sebab dah hari ke-8 oredi. There can be some damage happening to the eye which may leave some permanent partial blindness walaupun tak buta terus.

This little pretty girl in the pics saya jumpa di tengah jalan hari tu, dumped when very small, skin and bones, had eye infection, very bloated tummy and body full of fleas. For her eye treatment, I caught it early. She was put on 7 days of oral antibiotic taken twice a day and Terramycin ointment for a full 14 days (recommendation was 14-21 days depending on seriousness) three times a day.

Chitam 10-09-2008 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashleywong (Post 13249)
we're all rooting for tiger. hopefully he'll pull through.

the eye that is opened, is it okay?

Hai Ashley... this morning Tiger seems to be so active, [running away fm me... tau nk kene makan ubat..{shy}] mata yang dah terbuka tu agak berair sedikit... hanya sebelah kiri terbuka dan mata sebelah kanan masih lagi terselaput "pink eyelid".. dan bengkak sedikit.. this morning when I look at him... he was staring at me... with a pitty face... [ dah nampak org... lepas tu terus cabut... terkedek-kedek dia lari...laju plak tu...{shy}]

Hai Furkid, I did bring him to vet on the second day, vet just give me a bottle of vitamin, and also an "Eye Ointment", I went to the petshop on the same day and buy for him an "eyewash" to clean-up his eyes.. I do need second opinion, but now Tiger showing a positive sign.. Hope he will recover soon... Pray for him guys...

To night will capture some of his picture for u guys to look at his eyes...{wink}

filinlee 10-09-2008 03:02 PM

kiter tanyer edir jap.. dia orang klang... {wink} kiter pon dah half klang... eheheh

Chitam 10-12-2008 03:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Day 10,

Mata tiger sebelah kiri da bukak sikit, terdapat selaput putih kat dalam mata dia...

Day 11,
Still active with same look... time to take him to vet again..

Day 12,
Still the same... susah sikit nk bersihkan mata dia...
dia lari cepat plak...

below picture is frm day 11 and 12.... tommorow will bring him to vet again for second time check up... kali nih nk mintak ubat "drop".. eye ointment not so much help...

ashleywong 10-13-2008 09:03 AM

hi chitam

i'm a bit worried - that this has dragged on for so long like you said, masuk hari ke-berapa dah? 12 kan?

other than the vet you go to, is there another vet in klang or shah alam?

i hope your vet is not "washing" his/her hands of the whole matter. why did he/she give you a bottle of vitamins aje? and you have to supplement with your own OTC medication>

i'm sorry to say this but i tak sedap hati dng perkembangan this, especially the behaviour of that vet. macam "acuh tak acuh" aje.

saya khuatir nanti mata tiger nanti terjejas - what is that "whitish" selaput diatas matanya?

you know what? your cat doesn't look well from the pic and i think you need to take him to another vet.

i believe there's a directory in this forum go through and see if there's any other vet in klang OR Shah alam mentioned there. shah alam being the nearest to you, try it first. don't just wait

if your own eyes are like this, would you let it drag for so long?

i'm sorry if i sound harsh but what i'm putting down here priority - and trying to put it to you without any "emotional" overtone here..it sounds harsh but that's the truth.

do keep us updated okay> we're concerned about tiger. poor him. lousy vet!

sillylupie 10-13-2008 08:45 PM

Chitam,
You pernah tak try Solo-Care Aqua (contact lenses solution, can be used to mosturise "our" dry eyes too)? So far, it works wonder for my stray kittens.