PetFinder.my

PetFinder.my (https://forums.petfinder.my/index.php)
-   World Wide Fund (WWF) (https://forums.petfinder.my/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   WWF - Save Turtles with Just One Signature (https://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=2278)

kairul 06-04-2009 08:11 PM

Re: WWF - Save Turtles with Just One Signature

I've done that Andy! Thanks for informing us...

I've also promoted DiGi LovetoSave Campaign and WWF Egg=Life campaign in my blog. Put the banner inside. {wink} Check it out everyone! The least I could do to help them.. {victory}

And yes... Help SPCA and WWF. U can also help SPCA by clicking the link in my signature... {good}

AndyKoh 06-05-2009 02:34 PM

Hi Kairul,

Great to hear from you, bro! Good job in your support of SPCA and WWF, keep it up! {good}

A big thanks to the others as well who have signed the WWF pledge!

ashleywong 06-05-2009 05:38 PM

Thanks andy,

unfortunately i don't read chinese {sweat}

i have asked around medicine halls and my own dad. he said, nonsense...it's from herbal plants...chinese medicinal halls said the same thing..

well, i won't mind signing the petition again. have you had a chance to speak to kwong woh tong?
Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyKoh (Post 44624)
I just checked around for more articles on Gui Ling Gao (including home DIY recipes) and they seemed to also mention using the powdered turtle shells. But there are also some that mentioned about just using ginseng and other herbal substances.

Here's what I believe... this dessert, which originated since the days of Chinese emperor rulings, has the turtle shell as a key ingredient. If you go to authentic shops nowadays, you would probably get the same at an expensive price. The commercialized ones that we now find which are sold pretty cheaply, has probably left out this expensive ingredient, but the name stuck on.. so I think the turtle shell is not a rumour, but rather, the authentic and original version.

Ashley, here is the chinese article you requested:
http://baike.baidu.com/view/30128.html

nurkasih 06-19-2009 02:12 PM

Pledge Your Support Help Turtles in trouble- Sign Up and be a conservation hero!

Pledge Your Support
Help Turtles in trouble- Sign Up and be a conservation hero!

"Turtles play a critical role in keeping marine ecosystems healthy; the same ecosystems which sustain our fisheries and tourism industries that provide food and livelihoods for millions of people. Marine turtles are threatened with extinction due to various factors, including: the practice of consuming turtle eggs, marine and nesting beach pollution as well as illegal trade of turtles and their parts.
Leatherback turtles have already been declared functionally extinct in Malaysia. In the 1950s, there were 10,000 leatherback nests in Rantau Abang each year; now there are less than 10. Moreover, turtle protection laws are inadequate. Please sign up and help save turtles!"

http://www.saveturtles.my/

p/s Come on..just a simple and short form to fill...You can do it...!!{victory}

cookie 06-19-2009 11:19 PM

Thank you all who signed in to support my state-mates. {good}{victory}

And nurkasih, thank you for posting this information "In the 1950s, there were 10,000 leatherback nests in Rantau Abang each year..."
Knowing this made me feel a little less guilty as the thousands of eggs I must have eaten was rather insignificant. {shy}

nurkasih 06-19-2009 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookie (Post 48831)
Thank you all who signed in to support my state-mates. {good}{victory}

And nurkasih, thank you for posting this information "In the 1950s, there were 10,000 leatherback nests in Rantau Abang each year..."
Knowing this made me feel a little less guilty as the thousands of eggs I must have eaten was rather insignificant. {shy}

heheh i copy and paste dari wwf website..ehehehe{grin} none of them are my words..hehehe

hashimi 06-21-2009 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nurkasih (Post 48834)
heheh i copy and paste dari wwf website..ehehehe{grin} none of them are my words..hehehe

punyer la impress bcer article dier.....{high}las2 copy dari wwf pnyer website.
{arrogant} tertipu eden...ahaks..

hashimi 06-21-2009 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nurkasih (Post 48834)

anyway thaks gak...sbb kalo shimi sniri...pakai x cari dah article2 cm gtu...hehehe{kiss}

nurkasih 06-22-2009 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hashimi (Post 48950)

Malas lah nak wat ayat...{shy}

hashimi 06-22-2009 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nurkasih (Post 48985)
Malas lah nak wat ayat...{shy}

usaha tgga kejayaan...{victory}

vivienlpl 06-22-2009 09:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
One World Hotel is helping WWF

i just bought that cute turtle soft toy hahahaa...

i saw the article..
i already posted back my details to wwf...

yes help save turtles.... !!! turtle power is going to extinct soon...

hashimi 06-22-2009 09:16 PM

i need to ask on how to involved in turtle or any wldlife breeding programme.
any1 know how?

nurkasih 06-26-2009 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hashimi (Post 49241)
i need to ask on how to involved in turtle or any wldlife breeding programme.
any1 know how?

UIshh...tanya Andy Koh nieh pun..tak tentu dia leh gtau...hehehehe{wink}..tapi tak salah bertanya...{good}

hashimi 06-28-2009 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nurkasih (Post 50243)
UIshh...tanya Andy Koh nieh pun..tak tentu dia leh gtau...hehehehe{wink}..tapi tak salah bertanya...{good}

segan aih cek nk tnya..{sweat}

Yana 08-11-2009 09:53 PM

ader tgk iklan sal save turtle ni dlm ntv7. tp still not enough to do with lerrr.... msyrkt kta msih xbrapa minat...