PetFinder.my

PetFinder.my (https://forums.petfinder.my/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.petfinder.my/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Law For Keeping Pets In Condo/Apartment (https://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=4539)

June 07-01-2010 11:03 AM

Law For Keeping Pets In Condo/Apartment

Refer the thread below, I open a new thread so that we can discuss further on law and regulation abt keeping pet for people who living in Condo/Apartment.

http://forums.petfinder.my/showthrea...3968#post83968

I will write in BM for the benefit of all forumers but reply in BM & BI are accepted.

As far as know it is not govern by Malaysia law that keeping pets in condo/apartment are prohibited unless it is mentioned in Sales & Purchase Agreement/Tenancy Agreement/Deed of Covenant between the owner/tenant/management. If it is not mentioned in any above three agreement, we actually can keep pets in our unit.

Apa yg saya difahamkan ,di Malaysia tidak ada undang udang yg termaktub dlm mana mana Akta yg kita tidak dibenarkan memelihara pets dlm unit kita kecuali kita disebut dlm Sale & Purchase Agreement/Tenancy Agreement/Deed of Covenant.

What do u think??

FurKids 07-01-2010 11:21 AM

Re: Law For Keeping Pets In Condo/Apartment

June, undang-undang hanya sebut boleh simpan berapa ekor mengikut jenis kediaman sahaja, kalau tak silap. Sebab tu lah saya simpan 2/3 ekor sahaja ... tak leh lebih .... ahem! {wink}

June 07-01-2010 11:30 AM

Temberanglah ko bro.2/3 ekor konon {shy}{shy} just add in another 0 lah {shy}

OK,utk memudahkan budak budak kat sini faham aku nak eloborate sikit ttg law ni ya.

Sebelum undang undang dibuat, mereka akan bentangkan/bahaskan di Parlimen. Setelah semua ahli MP bersetuju,maka Bill akan dipass. Bill akan di hantar ke Agung utk disign. Agung diberi masa 21 hari utk sign.Setelah sign, akan di hantar ke JPM (Jabatan Perdana Menteri). PM akan antar ke Parlimen utk diumumkan Bill telah pun diluluskan sbg Akta. Setelah itu akan dihantar ke Peguam Negara utk dimasukkan ke dalam Rang Undang Undang.

Yg aku nak tanya bro,ada ke Akta utk org mcm kita ni yg simpan kucing/anjing dlm rmh. Klu takde jd maksudnya PBT mana blh suka suki rampas kucing kita?? Betul tak??

Quote:

Originally Posted by FurKids (Post 83974)
June, undang-undang hanya sebut boleh simpan berapa ekor mengikut jenis kediaman sahaja, kalau tak silap. Sebab tu lah saya simpan 2/3 ekor sahaja ... tak leh lebih .... ahem! {wink}

FurKids 07-01-2010 11:40 AM

Kan aku dah jawab, June ... and PBT do have their by-laws too mengikut kawasan masing-masing. That is why saman parking pun berbeza antara kawasan. Ada yang RM500, ada yang RM30 and so on bagi offence yang sama ... and these are among some of the things which their Kementerian needs to dan sedang cuba selaraskan.

p.s. Hai, don't la sepoil aku punyer reputasi, I am a law-abiding citizen la!

June 07-01-2010 12:04 PM

Itulah dia bro.yg aku tak faham ni,ada overlapping law kat sini. klu ikut pd PBT mmg durang ada kuasa depending dgn their jurisdiction. Tp klu undang undang negara takde kata mcm tu, kita blh persoalkan durang punya ketelusan undang undang kan??

Aku bukan law abiding citizen coz Menteri menteri kita pun suma kaki penipu.{shy}{shy}

Quote:

Originally Posted by FurKids (Post 83984)
Kan aku dah jawab, June ... and PBT do have their by-laws too mengikut kawasan masing-masing. That is why saman parking pun berbeza antara kawasan. Ada yang RM500, ada yang RM30 and so on bagi offence yang sama ... and these are among some of the things which their Kementerian needs to dan sedang cuba selaraskan.

p.s. Hai, don't la sepoil aku punyer reputasi, I am a law-abiding citizen la!

tlllastar 07-01-2010 01:24 PM

yes, if any of you know where we can find an accurate/direct act regarding this issue, please let us know. will definitely help to clear lots of doubts and disputes. Thanks 1st ya {wink}

furkids, if it's the tempatan tampaten law at each area, where to look up for these info?

kak june, erm, i don't really understand. Are you trying to voice out if a law is in the 'tempatan' category, it might not have been properly done thru the parliment, not tertakluk under our country's law, thus it's possible to be overruled?

how do we know if this particular law made issued by local magistrate is really valid or not?

sorry ya, byk Qs =P

June 07-01-2010 01:31 PM

Actually from my understanding, the rules is overlapping. The most important part,we must find out if there's such Act on keeping pets in Condo/Apartment. As far as we all know, it is only PBT (Pihak Berkuasa Tempatan) is in power yet their law are not uniform. {ohmygod}{ohmygod}

The local council law is valid but if we can proof the Act on Malaysia law overall prohibit pets in Condo/Apartmentis not exist then who knows we can challenge them?? Confused?? That's Malaysia for you. The law is overlapping {ohmygod}{ohmygod}

Quote:

Originally Posted by tlllastar (Post 84004)
yes, if any of you know where we can find an accurate/direct act regarding this issue, please let us know. will definitely help to clear lots of doubts and disputes. Thanks 1st ya {wink}

furkids, if it's the tempatan tampaten law at each area, where to look up for these info?

kak june, erm, i don't really understand. Are you trying to voice out if a law is in the 'tempatan' category, it might not have been properly done thru the parliment, not tertakluk under our country's law, thus it's possible to be overruled?

how do we know if this particular law made issued by local magistrate is really valid or not?

sorry ya, byk Qs =P

tlllastar 07-01-2010 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by June (Post 84005)
Confused?? That's Malaysia for you. The law is overlapping {ohmygod}{ohmygod}

lolss.... that's is sooo true. *big big sigh* now hopping for someone with a clearer head to sort the Qs out {happy}

FurKids 07-01-2010 02:23 PM

For undang-undang on pet ownership, you refer to the council governing the area that you reside in.

The only difference I see is the enforcement difference in urban and rural areas.

Kalau you live in an urban area where the living density is higher, there may be more people who feel uncomfortable if you keep more pets than is legally allowed and will complain to the council which will step in and take action (which is complaint-based, meaning that they act if there are complaints otherwise they don't).

However, in less urban or crowded areas, your neighbours may behave more tolerantly because they are less affected or bothered by the activity of your extra animals because of the more spacious environment, they may be less inclined to complain the the local council, so there is peace.

However, I think many of you who live in KL and Selangor flats and apartments are refering to the building management rules put up by your own building management companies which often do not allow keeping of pets in your residences. Now, this is between you guys and your own building management company, as well as your landlords.

If you are the owner of your own flat or apartment then I believe you and the other pet keeping owners can push your rights to keep pets but the number must be within the limit set by your local council.

Incidentally, there is a little flexibility if your landed property is a semi-D or a bungalow house with land on both sides of your house.

June 07-01-2010 03:13 PM

Bro,aku baru dapat latest info yg buku undang undang (segala Akta,Seksyen) di kedai buku ialah yg 2002 kebawah. latest punya 2005 and above ada kat library Jln Tun Razak. Sapa rajin pergi serang library this weekend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FurKids (Post 84012)
For undang-undang on pet ownership, you refer to the council governing the area that you reside in.

The only difference I see is the enforcement difference in urban and rural areas.

Kalau you live in an urban area where the living density is higher, there may be more people who feel uncomfortable if you keep more pets than is legally allowed and will complain to the council which will step in and take action (which is complaint-based, meaning that they act if there are complaints otherwise they don't).

However, in less urban or crowded areas, your neighbours may behave more tolerantly because they are less affected or bothered by the activity of your extra animals because of the more spacious environment, they may be less inclined to complain the the local council, so there is peace.

However, I think many of you who live in KL and Selangor flats and apartments are refering to the building management rules put up by your own building management companies which often do not allow keeping of pets in your residences. Now, this is between you guys and your own building management company, as well as your landlords.

If you are the owner of your own flat or apartment then I believe you and the other pet keeping owners can push your rights to keep pets but the number must be within the limit set by your local council.

Incidentally, there is a little flexibility if your landed property is a semi-D or a bungalow house with land on both sides of your house.

FurKids 07-01-2010 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by June (Post 84025)
Bro,aku baru dapat latest info yg buku undang undang (segala Akta,Seksyen) di kedai buku ialah yg 2002 kebawah. latest punya 2005 and above ada kat library Jln Tun Razak. Sapa rajin pergi serang library this weekend.

Sorry, sis, no taim ... oso aku sudah information overload ... I already know what I need to know for myself ... apa yg aku tak perlu aku give it a pass ajer, buku tu nanti aku buat bantal lak ... tapi kalau buku financial investment walaupun aku sibuk aku akan baca jugak ... hehehheeee!!!!

Thanks anyway, nak luangkan masa main dan peluk anak bulus kesayangan aku .... {happy}{happy}{happy}

tlllastar 07-01-2010 04:30 PM

Haha....

but the government website also got all the Acts, right? Or are they not complete? There are already over 600++ Acts... read the Act title also my eyes goes like this (@.@) how to know which act contains the info I need? *sigh* slowly slowly lor.... I have friends who are legal fresh grad. But i doubt they'll take notice of this kind of law. but still worth a try... this weekend, will ask them when we go yum cha ^.^

KathTeaChin 07-09-2010 04:51 PM

This reminds me, while enquiring my sis about whether her place (an old condo filled with uni n college ppl) allows pets, she discovered the sound of a Chihuahua from one of the apartments!

She's currently only renting a room so she does not get to see the full agreement. Right now it is unknown whether her place allows pets. But it seems there are people who do sneak in pets... From what I heard, some people smuggle pets into their apartment and as long as they keep them behaved and clean...

So based on what I have been reading here, no one knows for sure if there is an Act that says that if the agreement does not ban pets then pets should be allowed? Can someone go ask a lawyer, if they have like extra pocket money? just kidding XP

blackie007 07-12-2010 12:44 AM

From what I know, it is compulsory for all Deed of Mutual Covenance to clearly spell out that keeping pets in condos or apartments are prohibited. In other words, this clause is a must, and there won't be a Deed that doesn't have this clause unless someone messed up, which isn't likely as it has been standardised for all developers.

To find out why all Deed of Mutual Covenance MUST prohibit the keeping of pets in condos or apartments, please refer to the Strata Title Act (sorry, I don't remember the reason).