PetFinder.my

PetFinder.my (https://forums.petfinder.my/index.php)
-   Hall of Shame (https://forums.petfinder.my/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Don't you wish Malaysia has laws like this? (https://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=4823)

MidnightMaiden 09-11-2010 08:02 PM

Don't you wish Malaysia has laws like this?

Man gets 4-year sentence for killing rabbits:

NORTH ADAMS, Mass. – A Massachusetts man has been sentenced to four years behind bars after admitting to mutilating and killing five pet rabbits during a break-in at a construction company.

The North Adams Transcript reports that Wayne Brackett Jr. accepted a plea agreement Friday that would allow him to go free in two years with good behavior.

Brackett also was sentenced to perform 100 hours of community service at a location other than an animal shelter.

Police arrested the 23-year-old North Adams man after getting a tip from someone who recognized him from surveillance video taken at Berkshire County Construction in June.

Brackett admitted to breaking into the company and killing five of the owners' 6-year-old daughter's rabbits. He told police he had been drinking and smoking marijuana and did not remember harming the animals.

___

izwanbest 09-11-2010 08:32 PM

Re: Don't you wish Malaysia has laws like this?

bb bucket or whatever his name was.. good for you..... 4 years... is it worth it buket??

adrianng87 09-11-2010 11:41 PM

serves him right. {good}

the sentencing of performing 100 hours of community service not in animal shelter? i think they should make him to perform in animal shelter instead.

Maneki Neko 09-12-2010 08:41 AM

I had the same thought for a moment, Adrian, but then I realised that the shelter staff would have to watch him every moment, which would be an extra burden for them.

2-4 years in prison, though -- that's a long time to sit in a cell, terrified of the crazy criminals nearby, and think about how vulnerable those rabbits must have felt. That's justice! {good}{good}

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrianng87 (Post 88576)
serves him right. {good}

the sentencing of performing 100 hours of community service not in animal shelter? i think they should make him to perform in animal shelter instead.

izwanbest 09-12-2010 08:36 PM

hail the rabbit!!!

adrianng87 09-12-2010 09:15 PM

yeah... true also. but anyways, asalkan the sentence is being carried out for that long, then i think it is already an appropriate punishment for him. {good}

vivienlpl 09-14-2010 04:16 PM

it never happens here in malaysia
now killing rabbit and eating as part of meat is in demand :(

even some places...breeding so that they can sell it in their menu in some tourist spot...aih...........

not only rabbits but turtles..and also......... now targeting dog meat..
what do they get ? nothing.... our law or animals rights here are zero!