PetFinder.my

PetFinder.my (https://forums.petfinder.my/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.petfinder.my/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Ok, I am in trouble. (https://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=1245)

BellXun 10-30-2008 09:49 PM

Ok, I am in trouble.

Well, Anyone has tips on how to handle a puppy. I just adopted "guana". hmmm.. now i need to know what can I do with a puppy. like activities to do with puppy.

She havent pee in many hours. and she is sitting on my lap while i type. i scred.

What I need now is tips and instructions on how to handle puppies. she dont understand me and i dont understand her. hmm.

she dosent pay attention to me. I just need her to focus on me more so i can teach her things. somtimes even calling her name she dosent respond. hmmm.. or maybe i speak too soft. passing cars, other dog barking, door closing all makes her lose concentration.

When she is alone she make those pity sounds so i go back and teman her. is this too pampering or does she need it?. now she is sleeping under my feet eyes closed. hopefully not dead. hahaha. jk jk. she sleeps.

one more things. she dosent bark at all. how do i train her to bark at people at cats at snakes?

dog is my buddy 10-30-2008 09:55 PM

Re: Ok, I am in trouble.

Bell.
When do you get this puppy? is famale? Normally first day bring the dog always sleep and scare. at night she going cry like hell. it will be 4-7 day. Have you buy any puppy dog food to this dog?

BellXun 10-31-2008 12:42 AM

Erm... not yet i will buy the food and a leash tomorow....

She cant leave my side... troublesom... if leave him at car porch she will howl n make the pity sound.... bring him inside she shits n pees everywhere without warning...

the only time she is quiet is when i am online and she is under the computer...

In my room she keep biting news papers biting my pants...outside biting grass... bititng old t-shrit... hmmmm.... I gave her old shoe to bite she dun bite... wierd....

How do you toilet train a puppy.. and how do you make him put attention on you.... how do you calm her hyperactive down(maybe its the honey stars i gave her made him hyper active, haha)....

Also she dont drink water. i wonder why?. i use a transparent tupperware she dun drink... use an icecream box she also dun drink.... but honey stars she keep eating... hmmm...

{ohmygod}

just pee n shit behide me....

{sick}{sick}{sick}{sick}{sick}{sick}{sick}{sick}{s ick}{high}

BabyZee 10-31-2008 01:08 AM

what's a guana?
at first i thought another form at iguana than there's the dog story..hmm..
i'm confuse here{ohmygod}{shy}
anyway like DIMB said, maybe she's still scared of her new environment, sometimes it goes the same for cats too, so that's why they became too clingy to their owner...
it's ok, i know you'll survive this, heh..
hope you have friends much more experiences with dogs to help you or maybe advices from our forumers...{wink}{victory}

werng 10-31-2008 01:28 AM

yaya..juz like wat DIMB and babyzee told u, she mayb scared and feel strange to the new environment..so u should gv ur puppy some time..
or else, u can try to play more with her and spend more time to accompany her as well..juz let's her feel more comfortable with you..so try ur best to take care ur puppy..and cope this problem...{happy}

Ferreted 10-31-2008 08:44 AM

dont expect too much from a puppy when you first brought her home, werng.. dont even expect them to understand much at all. they are like babies.. my medium sized sammy can only find the courage to go down stairs after a month.. (by then he is 4 mths old).. and took months for him to learn potty!

but if you suspect medical problem.. go straight to vet! congratulations on your adoption..

whats her new name.. or still guana? heheh i am gonna spoil it for you.. sounds like iguana! hehehe.

BellXun 10-31-2008 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferreted (Post 16679)
dont expect too much from a puppy when you first brought her home, werng.. dont even expect them to understand much at all. they are like babies.. my medium sized sammy can only find the courage to go down stairs after a month.. (by then he is 4 mths old).. and took months for him to learn potty!

but if you suspect medical problem.. go straight to vet! congratulations on your adoption..

whats her new name.. or still guana? heheh i am gonna spoil it for you.. sounds like iguana! hehehe.

Hehe Thanks people for the encouragement. I am seriously sleep deprive now. every 2 or 3 hours she will howl n make those pity sounds. so i had to wake up and let her lick then she goes back playing with things. then another few hours of sleep then it happends again. look at my eyebags. T__T

As for medical problem, her both back leg looks weak. she tend to sit or lie down more than normal. other times she is jumping and barking at the mirror.

Any suggestions for a new name. she is not very responsive when i called her name. dunno why. Hahaha Iguana. yea. I thought it sounded like that too. hehehe

Oh and she climb the stairs up n down already. Good Iguana~

:)

FurKids 10-31-2008 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BellXun (Post 16661)
Erm... not yet i will buy the food and a leash tomorow....

She cant leave my side... troublesom... if leave him at car porch she will howl n make the pity sound.... bring him inside she shits n pees everywhere without warning...

the only time she is quiet is when i am online and she is under the computer...

In my room she keep biting news papers biting my pants...outside biting grass... bititng old t-shrit... hmmmm.... I gave her old shoe to bite she dun bite... wierd....

How do you toilet train a puppy.. and how do you make him put attention on you.... how do you calm her hyperactive down(maybe its the honey stars i gave her made him hyper active, haha)....

Also she dont drink water. i wonder why?. i use a transparent tupperware she dun drink... use an icecream box she also dun drink.... but honey stars she keep eating... hmmm...

{ohmygod}

just pee n shit behide me....

{sick}{sick}{sick}{sick}{sick}{sick}{sick}{sick}{s ick}{high}

Better take away the Honey stars immediately, friend, very bad for her even though it may be the only thing she wants to eat (I don't eat that myself, bad for me too {wink}). If you do not have dog food, for emergency you can get her a packet of chicken rice (minus the onions and garlic which are toxic to cats and dogs). Meat she definitely will eat unless she is sick. Make sure you take off the bones which can splinter and cause a lot of pain and injury in the digestive system. She will love the bone marrow though and it should be good for her.

As for the drinking water, give boiled drinking water and many animals prefer their water from clay bowls for some reason.

All the best, chum! {happy}

Ferreted 10-31-2008 10:10 AM

hahaha i thought i saw werng as the first poster.. turned out its bellxun.. hehhe keep on trying until you find a name that she will respond to then! ehehe.. oh my gawd.. the mirror thing.. ya, they look so quizzed by mirrors.. enjoy it cause it will fade so fast.. oh i am talking like parent now..

maybe... penny? i know a perfect dog named penny.. back legs hor... wahh... i dunno! but cause u just adopt her.. i suggest u bring her to vet anyway.. cause ya.. check up!

werng 10-31-2008 11:34 AM

haha..ya..the name guana really sound like iguana..i thk is quite funny if u rly keep this name for ur puppy..{shy}

swet!!penny??haha..this name make me thk of the smallest unit of money in britain..{shy}

but u as her owner, u should make ur own decision to gv her a nice name..

ya..she's right..u should 1st bring her to vet..

how old is ur puppy? at a particular age..u hv to bring ur puppy for vaccination oh...am I right?? ferreted ...{shy}

foxtress81 10-31-2008 11:52 AM

Bell..she's in a new environment. She's been in a different environment for the past 2 months where she has mingled with different people and she's had her own friends. :)

And now she's alone with you. Its a scary experience for u as it is for her.

Like i told u last nite, dont feed her honey stars, that would mess up her system. She's already on a dry food diet ...she's been on Eukanuba lamb and rice for the past one month. You can also give her white rice and meat along with grated carrots inside. Thats what I give her once in a while.

A dog/pup will trust u once she/he senses that you trust her/him. Be patient with her. Firm yet gentle. And NEVER ever hit her. :)

And the name Guana...hahaha...she has really lean, extra long back legs and the way she used to crawl around reminded us of an IGUANA..hence the name Guana. :P

But yes..please feel free to name her whatever u want and let her get used to it ASAP.

foxtress81 10-31-2008 11:56 AM

And like I also told u....get her vaccinated. This will be have to done for 3 months in a row and then on an annual basis. And do not forget the heartworm jab at the age of 6 months. Some people would recommend giving their dogs the HEartguard tablet, but I still prefer the vaccination as it is given based on the weight of the dog.

Also, remember that she has already been dewormed.

I cant tell u all this as I've been keeping dogs for years and I have dogs of different sizes and breeds but the one thing you should remember is...dont expect perfection right away. She doesnt expect that from you and you shouldnt expect that from her.

You would eventually learn how to look after her well enough and its normal for any first time owner to make mistakes initially. It gets better with time. It really does..dont stress. :)

Enjoy her...

foxtress81 10-31-2008 12:39 PM

Also Bell, you could start trying to train her now but dont overwork her.

She's still a lil girl and it takes time for her to absorb what you're tryin to get across to her. Patience is the key above everything else.

Call me if you're not sure of anything.

hourus 10-31-2008 01:56 PM

dont worry bell, guana will loosen up with due time {mbiggrin} n then u wil hav ur hands full {mwidegrin} follow what foxtress said n u wil surely b on the right track {mbiggrin} all the best to you and guana {mbiggrin}

BellXun 10-31-2008 03:31 PM

Ic.. so thats how the name was born.... nice..i kindda like the name Guana..I'll keep the name... If i were to name her according to her shape now... i would call her 'roast lamb'.... hahaha ... her funny sleeping style... When i am awake she sleeps... and i sleep she is awake.... how can I get any sleep then... :P

Went to the Vet with her today. Didnt vomit on the way there. just did a checkup and 1st vacination. Bought a big bag of Eukanuba for her. doctor didnt sell leash, and pet shop is far, so i dont want torture the little fella already (maybe my driving sux?). fast fast send her back home before she vomits again. hehe. but plan to get the leash soon,wanna take her out.

When the needle goes into her leg i was feeling like "ouch~~I wouldnt want that".. but she was like no feeling just sitting there. wierd.doctor says they thick skin, so wont feel it...and also when half the themometer went into her bumm i was also like "ewww.... I wouldnt want that either, no foreign object in my bumm plz"..hehehehe.. fun exprience...

This is my first time having a puppy, and first time handling them alone. last dog we had mom did everything. cooking, cleaning etc etc hehehe. Never knew it is this hard..

Hmmm... she really like my computer table...(regreted teching him how to climb the stairs.... now all she do is sleep there... haha...I think she is dreaming... having a nightmare... her legs are twicthing ..mouth mooving...eyes half open... haha

Hmmm

Dont worry Foxtress i will take good care of her. and dont worry i NEVER hit dogs, even for my previous dog i never hit.

Ferreted 10-31-2008 04:24 PM

yeah... hitting is no use.. most of the time its too late and only induces fear.. what is needed is to show who is the pack leader.. and hitting.. ITS NOT A FINE ART.

keeping the name guana? hehehe guana.. hehehe... i just luff at you and your guana. hehehe... if i have a pikachu pokemon.. i will name him PIKACHU anyway.. my point is.. thats how i name my sammy.. samoyed is known for their "SAMMY SMILE"

hahaha i oso so not creative.

BellXun 10-31-2008 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferreted (Post 16792)
yeah... hitting is no use.. most of the time its too late and only induces fear.. what is needed is to show who is the pack leader.. and hitting.. ITS NOT A FINE ART.

keeping the name guana? hehehe guana.. hehehe... i just luff at you and your guana. hehehe... if i have a pikachu pokemon.. i will name him PIKACHU anyway.. my point is.. thats how i name my sammy.. samoyed is known for their "SAMMY SMILE"

hahaha i oso so not creative.

Hahahaha {oh}{shy}{cool}