PetFinder.my

PetFinder.my (https://forums.petfinder.my/index.php)
-   Health, Disease & Diet (https://forums.petfinder.my/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   mini schnauzer - lots of tears (https://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=3638)

weetingtan 12-10-2009 04:30 PM

mini schnauzer - lots of tears

My friend's mini schnauser has lot of tears. anyone out there know what is the reason? is it because of the food?

Please advice.

Sashy 12-10-2009 05:15 PM

Re: mini schnauzer - lots of tears

Check the fur, is it poking the eye?

weetingtan 12-11-2009 03:50 PM

the fur is not poking the eye, just groom....btw he is 5 mths, taking eakunuba..

meiers 01-06-2010 02:41 AM

if it's the food then are you suspecting an allergic reaction? Did you notice any scratching? or difficulty in breathing?
I did'nt notice any tearing for my schnauzer, but the eye area do get dirty very often... need to clean them at least 4 times/day

dog is my buddy 01-09-2010 01:15 PM

Is normal tear shit on schauzer eyes, you need do clean out everyday. If you found the eye always have tear out, it calling infection, need bring to see vet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by meiers (Post 74493)
if it's the food then are you suspecting an allergic reaction? Did you notice any scratching? or difficulty in breathing?
I did'nt notice any tearing for my schnauzer, but the eye area do get dirty very often... need to clean them at least 4 times/day

ginafindadog 02-16-2010 09:44 PM

Sounds like something is really irritating his eyes. Do you notice the dog sneezing more or experiencing a change in eating habits? It likely isn't a matter of life or death but if the look of it bothers you there is something called tear stain remover. Good Luck and best wishes!{wink}

Divas 03-07-2010 02:28 PM

Some dogs tend to tear a lot more than others... if you have checked the fur and there is no irritation to the eyes check the environment... is it dusty where you live? or does someone in your home smoke?.... dogs do not normally tear as a result of food allergies... It happens more so with environmental allergies... some dogs react badly to cigarette smoke and some to dust.... If you have checked all of the above and it is neither one of these factors it is very possibly genetic...
Tearing is basically caused by tear duct irritation... Some dogs tear profusely while others don't tear at all... Check if the eyes are red... if they aren't then, again it may possibly be genetic... if you can deal with it its best to just leave it as it is but cleaning frequently to avoid further irritation(just use a cotton ball/facial cotton to wipe tears. you may wet the cotton with normal saline or water first if you prefer)... if you cannot there are many products out there to stop tearing but personally, i do not recommend feeding your dog with ANY pills unless completely necessary(as too many pills in a dogs lifetime will cause the liver to overwork itself)... one product that i've heard works is Health and Shine... It is a pill but cannot be given to the dog all their lives as the dogs body will become immune to it and the tearing will return...
My advice is to just leave it if you can deal with it... if you're worried you may bring your dog to the vet for a check first. :)