PetFinder.my

PetFinder.my (https://forums.petfinder.my/index.php)
-   Reptiles (https://forums.petfinder.my/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Reptiles & Muslims (https://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=1400)

stonestone 11-24-2008 01:04 AM

Reptiles & Muslims

I've heard that muslims can't handle/eat reptiles... Is it true?...

mrsdolittle 11-25-2008 12:08 PM

Re: Reptiles & Muslims

Dear Stonestone,

FYI, there are no restrictions for the Muslims to handle reptilians, but we are restricted to eat them.

According to Kakak's daddy, he said that the Muslim cannot eat anything which live within 2 worlds, i.e. on land and the water, or on land and the trees, and a few more.

Kakak may not be able to elaborate but as kakak's daddy said in a joking way, "YOU CAN TOUCH THEM AND HANDLE THEM, BUT KALAU KENA (for instant snakes and crocodiles) TELAN NASIB LA...".

There is also stated in our book of Islam, the Al-Quran, the snake (it was the DEVIL) was the one who took the FORBIDDEN FRUIT from the tree and tricked Eve into eating it first and followed by Adam.

That is as far as kakak know.

stonestone 11-27-2008 12:45 PM

I see... Cos I was wondering how come the Bomba ppl can handle and tangkap snakes, lizards, etc...

Actually any idea how does Muslim K9 Police handle their dogs ah?....

slackerz 11-27-2008 05:24 PM

hi..as far as i know,police in K9 unit that handle the dog usually non muslim people..i also ask this question to police once long time ago.they said that only non muslim were choose to handle that dog.but as a student of islamic studies,i learn that muslim can handle the dog if there are special case..for example if there are no non muslim people in this country,and there are no one to handle the dog for investigation or something like that,it become compulsary to at least one of muslim people to do so..the law of syariah didnt come strictly without any consideration..but some of our people cannot differentiate it with adat or cultural..for reptile,muslim can handle it,but cannot eat it for several reason(maybe no need to mention it because it too long,ha3)..but there also exception to some reptile like dhabb or our people call biawak padang pasir..arab people usually use it for medicine..there also exception if we are starving and no food around us except reptile(maybe we lost in jungle or etc),we allowed to eat it but just to keep us alive,cannot eat banyak2 la..that a brief explanation from me..

June 11-27-2008 11:08 PM

Reptiles & Muslims

I think you misunderstood it completely.Snake and lizard muslim can handle but cannot eat it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonestone (Post 21370)
I see... Cos I was wondering how come the Bomba ppl can handle and tangkap snakes, lizards, etc...

Actually any idea how does Muslim K9 Police handle their dogs ah?....

stonestone 11-30-2008 02:11 PM

June,

Yes, now I know already after reading Mrsdolittle's explaination. Thanks all for sharing the knowledge. :)

Toki 09-11-2009 12:41 PM

Please..please...people, do not put nature creature together with religion lah..I didnt seem not right and not fair to the animal,basicly it doesnt matter what your religion, if you love animal...just love it and care about it.

Im so sorry to people have that such a rules, life is great when you love animal, its all about how your parents after while let you explore with animal or not.
Im so sorry to some parents stopping kids not to know about nature and animal because religion..? so pathetic...!!

This is animal forum, not religion corner, so anyone try to bluff such a nonsense, please dont encourage others al ready happy love animal.

basicly, eating animal that also eat another carnivore species will make you sick, because they flesh and blood eater, full of germ, bacteria and worm.

Just eat right and healthy food. Cheers

hashimi 09-11-2009 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toki (Post 60301)
Please..please...people, do not put nature creature together with religion lah..I didnt seem not right and not fair to the animal,basicly it doesnt matter what your religion, if you love animal...just love it and care about it.

Im so sorry to people have that such a rules, life is great when you love animal, its all about how your parents after while let you explore with animal or not.
Im so sorry to some parents stopping kids not to know about nature and animal because religion..? so pathetic...!!

This is animal forum, not religion corner, so anyone try to bluff such a nonsense, please dont encourage others al ready happy love animal.

basicly, eating animal that also eat another carnivore species will make you sick, because they flesh and blood eater, full of germ, bacteria and worm.

Just eat right and healthy food. Cheers

I think stonestone didnt talking bout something sensitive issues to create here. he just asking for help for his misunderstood. Religion, Animal and Humans are related together. It doesnt seem any problem here. But what we really need to talk n care is about animal abusing....and discuss/share bout some problem to avoid any misunderstood.

Toki 09-13-2009 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hashimi (Post 60415)
I think stonestone didnt talking bout something sensitive issues to create here. he just asking for help for his misunderstood. Religion, Animal and Humans are related together. It doesnt seem any problem here. But what we really need to talk n care is about animal abusing....and discuss/share bout some problem to avoid any misunderstood.

Haaaiyooo....so sorry la if misunderstood, I just dont want animal as a victims as humans religions rules...{happy}

Peace...{victory}