PetFinder.my

PetFinder.my (https://forums.petfinder.my/index.php)
-   Training & Behavioral Issues (https://forums.petfinder.my/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What the best time to train your dog? (https://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=3947)

sportycat 01-22-2010 08:39 AM

What the best time to train your dog?

Hi!! i just got a pome 2 months old. I would like to train him to Sit,stay and other Obedience comment. When is the best time to train him? and were can i train him? I having hard time to train him at home.

weetingtan 01-22-2010 01:28 PM

Re: What the best time to train your dog?

hi,

I start training my mini schnauzer during her baby time. you must really be patient with her. Now my heidi is going to be one year old this sunday, she still doing mistake. must be patient! start training younger!!

Cheers!

sportycat 01-22-2010 01:33 PM

Hi HI!!..ok i will.... THANKS

meiers 01-29-2010 04:26 AM

Started training my pup at 2.5 mths.
She already know how to sit, wait, and potty trained.
Go to youtube to find some training videos, they are very helpful... i did alot of research when i bought my pup coz she's going to be a home dog, so i can't afford to have her misbehave.

redtomato 03-18-2010 11:35 AM

my Shaun B is abt 6 mths old and he only responses to his fav treats! (~.^) trick him with something tasty & he'll do the job for u..

redtomato 03-18-2010 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weetingtan (Post 75409)
hi,

I start training my mini schnauzer during her baby time. you must really be patient with her. Now my heidi is going to be one year old this sunday, she still doing mistake. must be patient! start training younger!!

Cheers!

Happie Burdae Heidi!
Hrufffff, Hruffff!

weetingtan 03-18-2010 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redtomato (Post 78032)
Happie Burdae Heidi!
Hrufffff, Hruffff!

thank you :) i make her a special dinner to celebrate her big day!

ginafindadog 04-13-2010 08:50 PM

Start early!!! Don't try when he is eager to play or ready to nap. But most effectivly, make sure that whatever treats you use for training....are JUST for training. I use train me treats while trying to train them to do a trick. Any other time I am giving them treats I give them something else, NOT the training treats. Good luck and have LOTS of patience.{wink}

ThePawstryChef 02-12-2014 12:05 AM

Patience is key! Liver treats work great for training. They stink and instantly get a dogs attention. Also, be consistent. Use hand signals along with every verbal command. Start with one command and master that before adding another. Too much at once will overwhelm your dog and be counterproductive. Always train in a quiet place with no distractions. That will give your pup the best chance at success! Good luck!

-The Pawstry Chef
www.thepawstrychef.biz

mythsnlegends 09-30-2014 10:25 PM

I have seen dogs as young as 2-3 months and as old as 14 years old be trained. So the age old saying that dogs must be trained when they are pups is kinda half true. In reality they can be trained at any age :)

If you are looking for a dog behaviorist, check out this page on FB Happy Dogs

Houman is a dog behaviorist. He solves alot of unwanted behavior in dogs. The aim of the training is to teach the owners what to do.

Usually it takes one lesson to solve the problems. Depends on the owners to follow up on the training taught by him.

You can contact him at 017-611-0966 for more info.

Cheers!