PetFinder.my

PetFinder.my (https://forums.petfinder.my/index.php)
-   Coffee Room (https://forums.petfinder.my/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Slumdog kid going for the oscar (https://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=1821)

Coony 02-21-2009 03:20 PM

Slumdog kid going for the oscar

It was only last night that I decide to watch Slumdog Millionaire after having it for almost 2 weeks. It is a very good & touching show, I have to admit, earlier I thought it was going to be some Bollywood style movie. I was even more surprise that the movie & the Slumdog kids are heading for the Oscar Award. Wow!!

cookie 02-22-2009 01:11 AM

Re: Slumdog kid going for the oscar

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coony (Post 31858)
It was only last night that I decide to watch Slumdog Millionaire after having it for almost 2 weeks. It is a very good & touching show, I have to admit, earlier I thought it was going to be some Bollywood style movie. I was even more surprise that the movie & the Slumdog kids are heading for the Oscar Award. Wow!!

I have seen it too and it brought back lots of memories. We should be thankful for the warm bed, clean water and shall I say good food we have. The train ride was an experience if you don't travel first class.

blackie007 02-22-2009 10:05 PM

I've heard of it, but haven't seen it. Looks like I must get a copy of the DVD when we go shopping for movies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookie (Post 31878)
I have seen it too and it brought back lots of memories. We should be thankful for the warm bed, clean water and shall I say good food we have. The train ride was an experience if you don't travel first class.

June 02-22-2009 10:23 PM

Yeah,me too.Many reviewer give different opinion abt this movie.But I would like to watch this movie first before I can give my critic {wink}

Charlene, I think if you want to buy the DVD might have to wait a little bit longer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackie007 (Post 31901)
I've heard of it, but haven't seen it. Looks like I must get a copy of the DVD when we go shopping for movies.

blackie007 02-22-2009 11:53 PM

{oh} Ok, can wait, no problem. If we miss it on the cinema, we usually don't mind waiting. I remember those disney movies are a long, long wait before they are released in DVD, so it's ok, as long as we don't grow old waiting. {wink}{happy}

Quote:

Originally Posted by June (Post 31906)
Charlene, I think if you want to buy the DVD might have to wait a little bit longer.

Coony 02-23-2009 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackie007 (Post 31916)
{oh} Ok, can wait, no problem. If we miss it on the cinema, we usually don't mind waiting. I remember those disney movies are a long, long wait before they are released in DVD, so it's ok, as long as we don't grow old waiting. {wink}{happy}

Charlene, you can get the DVD copy in Seri Petaling & some more very good quality.

blackie007 02-24-2009 12:48 PM

ok, tell me about the shop when I see you.

Wow!! They garnered so many Oscars yeterday: Best Picture, Best Director, Best Original Score, Best Sound Mixing, Best I don't remember what else. {oh}

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coony (Post 32052)
Charlene, you can get the DVD copy in Seri Petaling & some more very good quality.

June 02-24-2009 12:55 PM

Yeah, and leave Curious Case of Benjamin Button behind.heheheh!!

Do you know Frieda Pinto @ Latika looks like Jay from Mix.fm?? The radio deejay.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackie007 (Post 32090)
ok, tell me about the shop when I see you.

Wow!! They garnered so many Oscars yeterday: Best Picture, Best Director, Best Original Score, Best Sound Mixing, Best I don't remember what else. {oh}

blackie007 02-24-2009 12:58 PM

Yeah. I think it's Hollywood's way of trying to break into new market. I remember that one year they gave many oscars to the chinese.

I'm not saying Slumdog Millionaire doesn't deserve the oscars, but it just looks that way to me. I think I'll be interested to watch The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. The story is interesting.

Yup, now you mentioned it, I can see the similarity.

Quote:

Originally Posted by June (Post 32098)
Yeah, and leave Curious Case of Benjamin Button behind.heheheh!!

Do you know Frieda Pinto @ Latika looks like Jay from Mix.fm?? The radio deejay.

hatemetoday 03-02-2009 10:38 AM

is this true or just media manipulation?

sorry am pasting it in BM version...where did it go wrong...i havent lost my emotion watching those kids striving to live in SM..sekarang ni lagi la hati aku sayu tengok the real 'Salim' in tears...pls la people..kids are not to be hurt hokkeh! {angry}

Bapa pelakon Slumdog minta bayaran lebih

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...hoto/salim.jpg

AZHARUDDIN menangis selepas ditampar oleh bapanya baru-baru ini.

MUMBAI - Bapa pelakon kanak-kanak filem Slumdog Millionaire, Azharuddin Ismail menuntut lebih banyak bayaran diberikan kepada anaknya, lapor sebuah akhbar semalam.

Tuntutan tersebut disuarakan oleh lelaki berkenaan, Ismail Mohammed, 45, selepas anak lelakinya dikatakan dibayar kurang AS$28,550 (RM105,623) sedangkan filem itu meraih kutipan mencecah AS$175.6 juta (RM649.6 juta)

Azharuddin dilaporkan menerima bayaran AS$999 (RM3,696) sewaktu penggambaran manakala AS$24,981 (RM92,420) lagi dimasukkan ke dalam satu tabung amanah dan hanya boleh dikeluarkan ketika kanak-kanak itu berumur 18 tahun.

Selain itu, dia juga dibayar elaun bulanan sebanyak AS$28.60(RM106) dan keluarganya akan diberikan sebuah rumah baru berharga AS$28,550 (RM105,623).

Bagaimanapun, bapa Azharuddin yang tinggal di sebuah pondok serta menghidap batuk kering dengan pendapatan bulanan kurang AS$57 (RM211) berkata, bayaran kepada anaknya tidak mencukupi dan pengarah filem tersebut, Danny Boyle sepatutnya memberikan wang anaknya itu sekali gus dengan segera.

Kelmarin, sebuah akhbar melaporkan Azharuddin menangis selepas ditampar oleh bapanya kerana dia enggan ditemu bual media.

Bapa Azharuddin bekerja sebagai pemungut kayu api. - Agensi

Ferreted 03-02-2009 02:26 PM

Re: is this true or just media manipulation?

its true, some more it was brought that they were only paid 1.5 years of local salary (slightly more) which this particular TBC dad boy already finished the money (prolly payin debt and stuff).. thats why it is actually a good thing the money can only be taken out when the kid reaches 18.. and i heard there were education fund as well.

and there was uproar that after slumdog they still go back to the makeshift houses they live in.. so now the producers are going to make sure that the kids will move (with families) to brick and mortar houses. as if living in brick and mortar houses is sufficient luxury as a payback for the money printing movie.

ridiculous isnt it, after all the movie is about slumdogs. Just feel that the movie makers ought to give back more, at least to the community where the story "took place".

Ferreted 03-02-2009 02:33 PM

one more info.. the kid refused cause he was so tired after the flight for the award.. to freakin U.S and A. and the village parade. That dad needs slappin.

FurKids 03-02-2009 02:57 PM

... so all the adults exploit the poor kid, including his own flesh and blood useless so-called father ... {mplaster}{mhmph}{zzz}

Here, lemme box the father's mite infested ears!!! Better still, I call Dato' Mat Fuad to send in his mah chai and stranggle him with the very same ropes till his neck patah and if still breathing, finish the job by drowning him in that stinking pool of water, then throw his body into one of those shallow pits! {angry}

Ferreted 03-02-2009 04:23 PM

yeah, sadly to this kid (at least) is kanan kiri kena.. father and producers. like squattin in the middle lookin sadly in bitterness that they know not why, repressed.

at least he did the movie, at least he went to u.s., at least now he got education fund. at least now brick and mortar house.. at least better than nothing.

blackie007 03-02-2009 04:47 PM

i pity the kids. in such situations, it's not uncommon for the fathers to rip off their own kids.

and i won't be surprised if the father takes the money, too, when the kid reaches 18. after all, in indian society, the kids have no say, not even when they're 21. their fathers will arrange their marriages for them, too.

err, no racism intended, so, no brickbats from anyone please. it's just my observation.

cookie 03-03-2009 12:43 AM

Watching the film and being there experiencing it are different. Life is so, so hard for them. I believe you will cry without tears. {sweat}{cry2}{cry2}{sick}

hatemetoday 03-03-2009 02:16 PM

and i was so devasted the scene where that culprit 'welfare' man called Maman eye blinded one of the orphanage...i was like owh shoot! look elsewhere...one whole day aku tak sedap badan...{sick}{cry}{cry}{cry}{sick}

back to azharuddin's case..i agreed with ferret...bapak dia memang sesuai kena tampar dgn tapak kasot fullstop {angry}