PetFinder.my

PetFinder.my (https://forums.petfinder.my/index.php)
-   SPCA (https://forums.petfinder.my/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Spca ampang in need of more adopters... (https://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=2057)

mrsdolittle 04-03-2009 11:28 PM

Spca ampang in need of more adopters...

Dear friends,

Firstly i would like to wish everybody a very good day. What I am about to type here is totally sincere and honestly came from the bottom of my heart....{happy}

We have read about so many threads "hantam - ing" most of the "ANIMAL SHELTER" in Malaysia, but most of the time we end up arguing without thinking about the time wasted during the sessions, instead having saving so many sheltered animals lives.{sick}

So, here I am calling everybody in every part of the world who is reading this thread to pay a / several visit(s), or take a vacation (as Ezer once said) to any of the shelters to adopt and safe a life or lives....{victory}

Why am i saying this? Actions has to come from we people who claimed that we care for the life of another being.

MOST OF US HERE DISAGREE WITH PUTTING THESE CRETURE TO SLEEP, so come on people stand up for the animal rights. How? Be there at the enterance door and STOP THOSE PEOPLE FROM HANDING THE ANIMALS TO THE SHELTER. LISTEN TO THEIR EXCUSES AND CONVINCE THEM TO KEEP OR ADOPT THESE ANIMALS FOR THEMSELVES OR EVEN GIVE THEM AWAY AS A PRESENT.{wink}

Instead of buying expensive toys, jewellary, bla... bla...bla... and etc., give them, these "GOD'S CREATION" (life) as a present. A LIFE TO LOVE{love}{love}{love}... LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL... if you choose a beautiful way of living it. It can also be vise versa, but thats not wise.

It would be really nice to see MORE ADOPTERS coming in and adopt, instead of pointing fingers about who is right or wrong... ITS ABOUT THE CHOICE WE MAKE... THATS THE DIFFERENCE....{cool}

SO? WHAT IS YOUR CHOICE? TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE OR SIT DOWN AND WHINING....{shy}{shy}

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY AND LIFE PEOPLE...

LOVE{love}{love}{love}
mrsdolittle

AndyKoh 04-04-2009 12:29 AM

Re: Spca ampang in need of more adopters...

Hi MrsDolittle,

Nice meeting you at SPCA that day... I saw you working very hard there {good}

Yes, I certainly hope that more people can make a trip to the animal shelters and see for themselves the animals there.. they are just so sweet and adorable, and all they ever wish is to be properly loved and cared for.

One thing I dislike are irresponsible people that surrender their pets to animal shelters - I saw one new SPCA pet profile at PetFinder that says the owner surrendered the dog because of old age - how could they do that? And 6 years is definitely not "old"...

Well, I hope PetFinder can help play a role in bringing more adopters to SPCA - I believe the updated profiles would generate some good enquiries and interest.

Keep up your good work!

FurKids 04-06-2009 09:14 AM

Kak Anum, good to hear your energising voice again, that means you are better already ...

Anum, our local kill-shelters kill the healthy animals that are dumped/rescued and handed over to them because they could not find adopters for them and could not afford to continue to house them.

Recognising that finding enough homes for these unfortunate creatures are an impossibility without aggressively pursuing TNR in the community, conducting education and awareness program targeted for the tough adults and setting up of stray colonies (especially cats, which do not have the stigma of being considered haram by our general society), the modern SPCA shelters of the world around us have finally won their battle to control and reduce the strays population in a humane and caring way.

These modern no-kill shelters are accepted the fact that there will never be enough land, $$$$, shelters, adopters if we do not aggressively pursue the 3 critical success factors in strays population control. They are also upfront in saying that the killing of healthy animals with the reason that they cannot house them is in fact inhumane and cruel especially when other options available besides adoption are not chosen. I saw much rays of hope for our own animals when I read these statements on their SPCA websites and they have been doing this for years and their stray population is dwindling and dumping of animals at their shelters have also reduced. Most wonderful of all is the fact that they no longer needed to kill any healthy animals that could not be adopted! How wonderful that is ... otherwise, why should we spend all our energy saving our animals, simply to be killed at a shelter?

Anum, it is now found that we must never offer an animals as a present because in most cases, these animals get dumped some time later. Having a pet is a big commitment and that needs to be a personal choice and commitment. If you wanna give someone a present, giving a teddy bear might be a better idea.

And Anum, I do not know which fights you are referring to but if it ever was the fight I was in several weeks ago and involved a guy called Khengteik, it was about the need to not keep following the adoption and school education program track but to follow in the footsteps of the modern SPCA shelters around the world which are aggressively pursing TNRs, adult education and awareness programs, setting up of managed stray colonies and to stop the killing of healthy stray animals citing lack of resources because it is cruel and inhumane. After analysing the results the their actions through the years, these modern SPCA shelters now see that killing of healthy strays did not reduce the population at all, in fact the population increased and the shelters could not cope even when they killed as fast as they could ... they simply could not keep up with the breeding ... and they felt very, very bad killing and termination all those lives ... and they explored other alternatives to let the animals live.

In our country, the dogs may pose a greater challenge, but I do not see why we cannot do the same for the cats.

Yes, it would be heaven to see more adopters, but genuine adopters who will really care for the animal and not dump it the slightest chance they get (ie. bored, tired of it, naughty, cause trouble, neighbour complain, have to travel, grew old and not cute anymore, gave birth already, sick, lost job, move to new apartment, mother in law tak suker, dah preggie ... you name, you have it!) are hard to find.

It is quite easy in fact to get an animal off you hands, but another matter whether it will get dumped at a shelter, pasar, warong, longkang, tong sampah very soon ...

Susah, Anum ... most of us dream of being to take care of these animals right in our neighbourhood or office area by setting up feeding stations without the animal hating people hurling abuses at us that we are attracting animals into the area (huh, as if we do the dumpings!) and that we should stop feeding them so that they will all die of hunger and thirst and the areas would be free of pesky animals insistant of wandering around disturbing their places (hungry and looking for basic necessity FOOD mah ......).

At school, their kids listen to SPCA say sayang the animals but when the kids feed or rescue some young or sick kittens from the garbage dump, at home, their parents scold them telling them it is the stupidest thing since Timbuktu and drive off and dump the kittens along some roadside in heavy rain (my neighbours actually did that!).

lynielime 04-06-2009 09:22 AM

hey mrs dolittle!!!!
it was great meeting you at spca outreach adoption drive yesterday!! so nice to meet other genuine concerned citizens and animal welfare advocates! i look forward to doing more work at spca with you!! {good}

mrsdolittle 04-07-2009 07:42 PM

Dear Furkids,

Firstly, {muacks} lama tak "threading" dengan you.

I understand where you are coming from, but my dearest brother, if people like us is not there to help out these poor creatures out of the "hell-hole" then who will.

Yes, I do agree with the TNR thing, but at the same time i've also seen a lot of rescuer searching for their "missing Strays" high and low due to kene tangkap la, accident la, cat-nap la, dog-nap la and banyak lagi.

Why am I there at SPCA? First of all its the nearest shelter to me and i am there FOR THE ANIMALS.

Yes, my dear brother, if its not because of them, I won't be there.

Dear Brother,

Am not only there for the dogs, it is also for the cats. We have to HELP THE ANIMALS AND IT DOES NOT MEAN WE ARE SUPPORTING THE "EUTHANASIA".

Thats the reason why kakak mentioned, if we could only be there at the door step and stop these people from shoving the animals into the shelter.

Thats what our mission suppose to be. HELP THE ANIMALS DUDE...{nah}{ohmygod}{grin}{cool} NOTHING MORE THAN THAT....{sick}

Remember once i mentioned in my threads, "I WILL START SOMETHING...", thats what i am doing right now, from the insight.

Its for real and of course.... we need time... we cannot change things over night....

Chill bro... i am not against you, I'm with you... {wink}

Someone have to start something, somewhere... wanna make a difference? Just do what is right no matter what it takes... Its not going to be easy, but at least we tried...{victory}

Quote:

Originally Posted by FurKids (Post 38111)
Kak Anum, good to hear your energising voice again, that means you are better already ...

Anum, our local kill-shelters kill the healthy animals that are dumped/rescued and handed over to them because they could not find adopters for them and could not afford to continue to house them.

Recognising that finding enough homes for these unfortunate creatures are an impossibility without aggressively pursuing TNR in the community, conducting education and awareness program targeted for the tough adults and setting up of stray colonies (especially cats, which do not have the stigma of being considered haram by our general society), the modern SPCA shelters of the world around us have finally won their battle to control and reduce the strays population in a humane and caring way.

These modern no-kill shelters are accepted the fact that there will never be enough land, $$$$, shelters, adopters if we do not aggressively pursue the 3 critical success factors in strays population control. They are also upfront in saying that the killing of healthy animals with the reason that they cannot house them is in fact inhumane and cruel especially when other options available besides adoption are not chosen. I saw much rays of hope for our own animals when I read these statements on their SPCA websites and they have been doing this for years and their stray population is dwindling and dumping of animals at their shelters have also reduced. Most wonderful of all is the fact that they no longer needed to kill any healthy animals that could not be adopted! How wonderful that is ... otherwise, why should we spend all our energy saving our animals, simply to be killed at a shelter?

Anum, it is now found that we must never offer an animals as a present because in most cases, these animals get dumped some time later. Having a pet is a big commitment and that needs to be a personal choice and commitment. If you wanna give someone a present, giving a teddy bear might be a better idea.

And Anum, I do not know which fights you are referring to but if it ever was the fight I was in several weeks ago and involved a guy called Khengteik, it was about the need to not keep following the adoption and school education program track but to follow in the footsteps of the modern SPCA shelters around the world which are aggressively pursing TNRs, adult education and awareness programs, setting up of managed stray colonies and to stop the killing of healthy stray animals citing lack of resources because it is cruel and inhumane. After analysing the results the their actions through the years, these modern SPCA shelters now see that killing of healthy strays did not reduce the population at all, in fact the population increased and the shelters could not cope even when they killed as fast as they could ... they simply could not keep up with the breeding ... and they felt very, very bad killing and termination all those lives ... and they explored other alternatives to let the animals live.

In our country, the dogs may pose a greater challenge, but I do not see why we cannot do the same for the cats.

Yes, it would be heaven to see more adopters, but genuine adopters who will really care for the animal and not dump it the slightest chance they get (ie. bored, tired of it, naughty, cause trouble, neighbour complain, have to travel, grew old and not cute anymore, gave birth already, sick, lost job, move to new apartment, mother in law tak suker, dah preggie ... you name, you have it!) are hard to find.

It is quite easy in fact to get an animal off you hands, but another matter whether it will get dumped at a shelter, pasar, warong, longkang, tong sampah very soon ...

Susah, Anum ... most of us dream of being to take care of these animals right in our neighbourhood or office area by setting up feeding stations without the animal hating people hurling abuses at us that we are attracting animals into the area (huh, as if we do the dumpings!) and that we should stop feeding them so that they will all die of hunger and thirst and the areas would be free of pesky animals insistant of wandering around disturbing their places (hungry and looking for basic necessity FOOD mah ......).

At school, their kids listen to SPCA say sayang the animals but when the kids feed or rescue some young or sick kittens from the garbage dump, at home, their parents scold them telling them it is the stupidest thing since Timbuktu and drive off and dump the kittens along some roadside in heavy rain (my neighbours actually did that!).

nivek 04-07-2009 08:30 PM

Ok so as not to hear those SPCA "bashers" chime their "why no TNR?" let me set the record straight. SPCA Penang is doing TNR and they have been doing that for some time now as a matter of fact. There! Now go hide in your silly little holes and sing the NATO national anthem.

mrsdolittle - keep up the good job and don't ever let these sorry group of people belittle your efforts. You can hold your head up high as your actions speak louder than words! {good}

I've said my piece now I'll go prepare their next newsletter....*poof*

mrsdolittle 04-07-2009 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynielime (Post 38114)
hey mrs dolittle!!!!
it was great meeting you at spca outreach adoption drive yesterday!! so nice to meet other genuine concerned citizens and animal welfare advocates! i look forward to doing more work at spca with you!! {good}

Me toooooo.... you cutie pie but yet so cili padi girl...{kiss}

It was an honor... What about the mama kitten and kittens? I will keep you update on them whenever i'm down at the shelter...{muacks}

mrsdolittle 04-07-2009 09:22 PM

Hello... brother Andy...

I was disappointed not having to make time talking to the 2 of you on that day.

I really hope to see you again soon.... Anniversary.... May Be?{nah}

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyKoh (Post 37920)
Hi MrsDolittle,

Nice meeting you at SPCA that day... I saw you working very hard there {good}

Yes, I certainly hope that more people can make a trip to the animal shelters and see for themselves the animals there.. they are just so sweet and adorable, and all they ever wish is to be properly loved and cared for.

One thing I dislike are irresponsible people that surrender their pets to animal shelters - I saw one new SPCA pet profile at PetFinder that says the owner surrendered the dog because of old age - how could they do that? And 6 years is definitely not "old"...

Well, I hope PetFinder can help play a role in bringing more adopters to SPCA - I believe the updated profiles would generate some good enquiries and interest.

Keep up your good work!

mrsdolittle 04-07-2009 09:26 PM

DEAR NIVEK...

{shy}{shy}{shy}{shy} {nah}{nah}{nah}{nah} {love}{love}{love}

Quote:

Originally Posted by nivek (Post 38584)
Ok so as not to hear those SPCA "bashers" chime their "why no TNR?" let me set the record straight. SPCA Penang is doing TNR and they have been doing that for some time now as a matter of fact. There! Now go hide in your silly little holes and sing the NATO national anthem.

mrsdolittle - keep up the good job and don't ever let these sorry group of people belittle your efforts. You can hold your head up high as your actions speak louder than words! {good}

I've said my piece now I'll go prepare their next newsletter....*poof*

mrsdolittle 04-07-2009 09:31 PM

oH YA fURKIDS,

About giving animal as present.... of course we have to use our common sense whom to and not to give to as present... {ohmygod}

Benda ni semua kena di ajar dari kecil... baru la tahu .... Know the meaning of

LOVE.................{love}{love}{love}{love}

FurKids 04-08-2009 01:18 PM

"... Am not only there for the dogs, it is also for the cats. We have to HELP THE ANIMALS AND IT DOES NOT MEAN WE ARE SUPPORTING THE "EUTHANASIA" ..."

Sayang, tak ada orang pun yang cakap that you who volunteer at SPCA to help the animals are supporting the wrongly used term "EUTHANASIA" where healthy animals are killed (it is "killing" ... the term "euthanasia" is used for sick animals that have very poor chances of survival, not the healthy animals simply because they cannot find adopters for them). Anum nak voluteer the saving and helping part tu go ahead la, sesuatu benda yg baik pun ... jangan salah anggap dgn cepat ...

Tapi, dah malas nak cakap dah, it is too emotional and orang yg tak kena mengena tu cepat naik marah sebab ingat kita tuju kat dia simply sebab dia volunteer kat sana ...

Anyway, saya dah cedok sejarah dan dapati bahawa this issue is one of the main reasons Sabrina Yeap (SPCA's passionate and dedicated animal inspector of 15 full years ... and Sherrina Krishnan, formally SPCA staff as well ...) packed up and left SPCA Selangor to set up her own no-kill shelter, the now famed Furry Friends Farm (FFF) after a big fall-out with SPCA Selangor ... and Sabrina Yeap is doing a lot of TNRs around, bless her good heart. And then there is the legal suit against Sherrina Krishnan by SPCA Selangor ... so what I thought about after seeing the activities of modern SPCA around the world had been pursued by these two blessed ladies to save the healthy animals from being killed unnecessarily and the blank wall that they banged their heads against and in the end, they simply left to do it on their own (not NATO as claimed by the uninformed bystanders) and which many of us IPRs are doing on our own using our own hard-earned pocket $$$ but stubbornly being labelled as NATO simply because we keep a very low profile are not publicity nor credit hungry as some opportunistic people who do much less.

... and FFF with Sherrina are pushing through a LOT of adult awareness education programs on their own. Great work, ladies ... my $$$ in contribution to animal welfare will definitely go to you and your programs and I know that they will have been put to good use. {good}

Nivek, if SPCA Penang is doing it, good lah, step up the steam ... TNRs is the only proven effective way to control the stray population and we need to educate the public to accept that animals have a right to live alongside humans in the community area even as strays through managed stray colonies and they must not resent the animals (and insist that the animals be starved to death hoping they will disappear) or the colony caregivers (they cannot hurl abuses or scold them) which feed them daily at discreet feeding stations and provide medical care for the sick ones.

FurKids 04-08-2009 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsdolittle (Post 38606)
oH YA fURKIDS,

About giving animal as present.... of course we have to use our common sense whom to and not to give to as present... {ohmygod}

Benda ni semua kena di ajar dari kecil... baru la tahu .... Know the meaning of

LOVE.................{love}{love}{love}{love}

Ya lah, Anum tau ... tapi lots of people out there tak tahu ... and bila orang cakap jangan, don't be so fast to anggap that people mean you ... the world got lots of people other than you ... and lots of people different from you ... as example from the latest hoo-hah where Anum kena bantai kaw-kaw because you do dogs ... don't be so fast to get defensive and assume that others are like you and justify something simply because you would not do it that way ... Anum, many people are NOT like you, so usah argue that it is not the way you would do it, kay ... tak semua orang mcm Anum ... sebab tu baaaaaaaaanyak sangat animal dumping ... my neighbour dah TIGA kali beli anjing utk anak dia .... dah TIGA kali, he dumped those Shih-Tzus, he got lots of $$$$ and setiap kali dia kata kalau anak dia mahu, dia akan beli sebab dia sayang anak dia (forget about the animal!) ... itu pun baru satu neighbour, ada banyak lagi neighbour lain yg belum aku cerita yg buat perbuatan serupa ... dan mereka TAK macam U, Anum ... LOOOOOOOTS of people tak macam Anum laaaaa, tak usah cerita yg perfect ..... kay? Sebab tu kitorang kata JANGAN kasi an animal as a present, kasi teddy bear aje .... {sick}

Bayangkan nasib si Stripes kalau Anum tak leh ambik dia dan dia tak dapat adopters ... rather than kill him tu, kan baik kalau di negeri kita boleh ada Managed Stray Colonies for them to live ... tapi kucing lebih senang utk buat realistically, sebab we are a predominantly muslim country.

{muacks} balik, Anum cayang ... {happy}

nivek 04-08-2009 03:54 PM

One minute say keep low profile and next minute say have to broadcast to whole community to help educate/awareness. Make up your mind, which is it? Low profile or awareness? {wink} Do you even know what SPCA is doing, you poor uninformed bystanders (as how you put it)? {wink}

If you people want to vent your frustrations, take it to the local council who are doing the killing and not SPCA. The money spent on killing could have been easily used to neuter. Think about it for awhile.

I seriously pity you guys and all the bottled up anger. Must be teenage energy which we old people no longer have {wink}

FurKids 04-08-2009 04:50 PM

Apa rahhhh .... cerita ni dari dulu maksud kitorang yang kasi makan kucing liar/campak supaya dapat tangkap kembiri dan simpan baaaaaaaanyak kucing yg sedang recuperate kat umah sebelum lepas semula laaaaa .... low profile sebab takut neighbour komplen dan bandaraya datang tangkap those above the jumlah 2 (legal number of pets that can be kept per household) la, Nivek, bukan low profile pasal the adult/community education awareness program laaaaa ...

Salah faham, marah lak kawan nie ...... and we are talking about the SPCA killing belum pula pasal pihak berkuasa tempatan killing ... itu satu lagi cerita yg lain ... wang by wang ... tak payah deviate/avoid isu at hand ... 2 wrongs don't make a right ... modern SPCAs have stopped the killing, kitorang belum, masih continue ...

daphne1985 04-08-2009 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nivek (Post 38689)
One minute say keep low profile and next minute say have to broadcast to whole community to help educate/awareness. Make up your mind, which is it? Low profile or awareness? {wink} Do you even know what SPCA is doing, you poor uninformed bystanders (as how you put it)? {wink}

If you people want to vent your frustrations, take it to the local council who are doing the killing and not SPCA. The money spent on killing could have been easily used to neuter. Think about it for awhile.

I seriously pity you guys and all the bottled up anger. Must be teenage energy which we old people no longer have {wink}

Ya Nivek, I agree with u....

lynielime 04-08-2009 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nivek (Post 38689)

well said!! so tired of being bashed for trying to help!! go after the local councils!! they are the ones responsible.

melmel 04-08-2009 05:25 PM

[QUOTE=FurKids;38671][COLOR="Blue"]"... and Sherrina Krishnan, formally SPCA staff as well ...)

Furkids,
Pls note tat she is not SPCA ex-staff.

daphne1985 04-08-2009 06:02 PM

[QUOTE=melmel;38710]
Quote:

Originally Posted by FurKids (Post 38671)
[COLOR="Blue"]"... and Sherrina Krishnan, formally SPCA staff as well ...)

Furkids,
Pls note tat she is not SPCA ex-staff.

hahhahaa{shy}{shy}{shy}{shy}
Aiyoyooooo{ohmygod}....My friend Furkids, wrong info posting here.....nxt time find more detail only post la but I suggest you get approval from Sherrina Krishnan before u saying something oh..

daphne1985 04-08-2009 06:09 PM

Anyway, my friend Furkids actually takut anjing so please dont ask him to do volunteer lo..he takut anjing kejar dia menrata - rata...so please dont ask him to work SPCA lo...Even my Murphy so small size as an adult cat, he also takut..aiya{cry}...we have to find a way to help him...

Pitty my friend Furkids only...try ur best to sayang anjing la, they are not as wut u think so scary lo.. Actually, I saw few Malay Visitors visit SPCA, even though they are here to only to adopt cats and to view some cats and kittens but they did not scare to come SPCA bcoz there have dogs. If u dont kacau the dogs, they wont bite u 1 la...{victory}

kimimaro84 04-08-2009 08:02 PM

cool cool cool, i know both side got their own points{wink}, lets all hold hands side by side n walk down the lane together{kiss}? then later can sit beside the pavement n have picnic together{kiss}?then can talk nicely. At same time can eat sandwich, got kaya bread, egg tart, karipap ayam, sate kajang with kuah kacang n sambal, cucur udang, pisang goreng, ayam goreng mcd, kfc, and pizza{cool}.

While discussing can see our dogs/cats chasing butterflies, chasing birds, hide n seek or stare at the scenery. Then dat time any conflict can voice out n everyone have to accept each other view. If dun agree wat to do, personal opinion ma{wink}

when finish, wrap up all things n go home side by side n in ur mind shud think "today is such a satisfying and happy day"{grin}