PetFinder.my

PetFinder.my (https://forums.petfinder.my/index.php)
-   Announcements, Notices and Contests (https://forums.petfinder.my/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   PetFinder - 1000 Happy Pets Countdown! (https://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=1895)

AndyKoh 03-05-2009 02:00 AM

PetFinder - 1000 Happy Pets Countdown!

Dear All,

Wow, we're almost reaching 1000 HAPPY PETS!

What a great way for us to celebrate PetFinder's 1st Anniversary by achieving this absolutely magnificent figure, thanks to all the hardworking and dedicated rescuers, fosterers and of course, kind-hearted adopters!

Let's make a guess - which day would it hit the 1000-mark? Hmm.. I say, March 24th!

Place your guesses and let's see who's the winner! {wink}

Coony 03-05-2009 12:44 PM

Re: PetFinder - 1000 Happy Pets Countdown!

Congratulation to Petfinder & a job well done for it very effort to save & secure home for the homeless pets.

Although the adopted number look good but sad to say the homeless number don't look too good. The homeless number had consistently stay around the 500 & it look like it may hit the 600 very soon. My fear is, with the economy doesn't look bright in front of us they may go up faster then expected, I truly hope I'm very wrong here.

My guess is 28th March 2009.
Look forward to celebrating Petfinder 1st anniversary with you guys, provided nothing important come out on that day. {wink}

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyKoh (Post 33134)
Dear All,

Wow, we're almost reaching 1000 HAPPY PETS!

What a great way for us to celebrate PetFinder's 1st Anniversary by achieving this absolutely magnificent figure, thanks to all the hardworking and dedicated rescuers, fosterers and of course, kind-hearted adopters!

Let's make a guess - which day would it hit the 1000-mark? Hmm.. I say, March 24th!

Place your guesses and let's see who's the winner! {wink}

blackie007 03-05-2009 04:00 PM

Yup, the number of homeless is increasing with people giving the excuse of economy slowdown. {sick}

And I'll be guilty of adding another 4 more to the statistic of homeless after I've entered the profile of 4 more kittens that were became homeless just recently. I've just finished "doing up" their photos.

But still, I am happy to see that petfinder is an effective platform in rehoming these pets. Thanks and congrats to everybody who had played a part in it, be it big or small. {good}

AndyKoh 03-07-2009 02:42 AM

Coony,

Yes, there are just so many strays and homeless animals, and this 500 figure is just a fraction of what is out there. I certainly hope the economic slowdown does not affect the adoption of animals - maybe on the contrary it might even help increase it, with people less willing to spend big sums of money purchasing pedigrees from pet shops and instead opting for the much cheaper adoption alternative.

I certainly look forward to meeting you at our gathering, I've heard positive things about you and this is a good opportunity for us all to learn more from a veteran like you.

Blackie,

Good luck in finding adopters for your 4 cute kitties! I saw the cute dialogues you added, very creative indeed {good}

Coony 03-07-2009 01:40 PM

Andy, I like the positive thinking you had, lets hope the economy slowdown will have more ppl wanting to adopt.

I'm no veteran but just someone who is still learning, what is veteran if one learn nothing. {grin} Truly looking forward to be at petfinder 1st anniversary & get to see the faces of everyone behind the name. {wink}

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyKoh (Post 33459)
Coony,

Yes, there are just so many strays and homeless animals, and this 500 figure is just a fraction of what is out there. I certainly hope the economic slowdown does not affect the adoption of animals - maybe on the contrary it might even help increase it, with people less willing to spend big sums of money purchasing pedigrees from pet shops and instead opting for the much cheaper adoption alternative.

I certainly look forward to meeting you at our gathering, I've heard positive things about you and this is a good opportunity for us all to learn more from a veteran like you.

Blackie,

Good luck in finding adopters for your 4 cute kitties! I saw the cute dialogues you added, very creative indeed {good}

blackie007 03-07-2009 04:58 PM

Thank you, Andy. {grin}

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyKoh (Post 33459)
Blackie,

AndyKoh 03-11-2009 06:46 PM

8 more pets to go... adoption rate seems to be faster than previous months... seems like my prediction was way off!

Coony 03-11-2009 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyKoh (Post 33967)
8 more pets to go... adoption rate seems to be faster than previous months... seems like my prediction was way off!

Yeah!! look like your prediction is right & lets hope the adoption rate keep moving at this pace or faster. Hopefully you are also right about ppl not wanting to buy but to adopt will lead to lesser or no demand for the pet trader, BYB or Kitty/Puppy Mill stock. {good}

Look like our guess will not win anything too & this is 1 losing I'm really happy to lose. {good}{good}{happy}

P/s: Ah! the prediction I mention above is about the adoption thingy & not your prediction about the 1000 adopted.

acme338 03-11-2009 08:51 PM

keep it up Animal Lover.........1000{grin}{victory}{victory}{victory }

AndyKoh 03-12-2009 12:04 AM

Yup, I'm very happy that our figure predictions are incorrect! {wink}

I certainly hope that the adoption rates would increase too. The animal shelters like SPCA and PAWS have been inundated with strays, and I hope we can play an increasing role in helping them rehome the animals with our reach of animal lovers.

I think we should be able to hit the 4-digit mark by end of this week!

blackie007 03-12-2009 11:28 AM

Yay! Let's celebrate by having a round of drinks on Andy when it hits 1000. {smile}{smile}{smile}{smile}

Coony 03-12-2009 08:43 PM

Congratulation to petfinder.my for achieving 1000 adopted pets today. {good}{good}{happy}

dog is my buddy 03-12-2009 08:59 PM

Thank you to all the forumers and visitors adopted cats and dogs and get a home.
http://i83.servimg.com/u/f83/12/13/48/74/100010.jpg

blackie007 03-12-2009 09:07 PM

And it's 1002 now, at 9:05pm. Wow! {happy}{good}{good}

I'm having a drink on Andy now.........

http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/q...es/beercat.gif

nivek 03-12-2009 09:07 PM

Great job everyone!!!! {happy}

dog is my buddy 03-12-2009 10:25 PM

I need screech 3 time, It too excited!

cookie 03-12-2009 11:18 PM

Well done! And before the first anniversary!
Quote:

Originally Posted by blackie007 (Post 34113)
And it's 1002 now, at 9:05pm. Wow! {happy}{good}{good}

I'm having a drink on Andy now.........

http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/q...es/beercat.gif

Err. hope you don't get drunk. {cattongue}{cattongue}{cattongue}

AndyKoh 03-12-2009 11:26 PM

Re: PetFinder - 1000 Happy Pets Reached!

1000 HAPPY PETS ACHIEVED!

Woohoo... this is really good news indeed! I feel like... dancing with the cats and dogs now haha! {mbiggrin}

I didn't even realize it has crossed the mark until I saw the replies here... This is certainly a very encouraging figure to be achieved in 11 months! Thanks for the encouragement and wishes, Coony, Blackie, DIMB, Nivek and Cookie!

Once again, a big THANKS and good job to all the PetFinder members that have made this awesome achievement possible! Drinks are on me!

p/s: DIMB.. that's a really HUGE screech, I think can even hear it from outer space {wink}

cookie 03-12-2009 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyKoh (Post 34149)

Woohoo... this is really good news indeed! I feel like... dancing with the cats and dogs now haha! {mbiggrin}

I didn't even realize it has crossed the mark until I saw the replies here... This is certainly a very encouraging figure to be achieved in 11 months! Thanks for the encouragement and wishes, Coony, Blackie, DIMB, Nivek and Cookie!

Once again, a big THANKS and good job to all the PetFinder members that have made this awesome achievement possible! Drinks are on me!

p/s: DIMB.. that's a really HUGE screech, I think can even hear it from outer space {wink}

Thank you Andy dear. Hope the drinks are not the same as what Double-oh-seven is drinking now. Wouldn't want to end up like that. {catwink}{catlaugh}

dog is my buddy 03-13-2009 12:17 AM

Come we do one more time

Petfinder no just of pet rescuers, fosterers and adopters to assist homeless dogs and cats in seeking a proper home. We against cats and dogs cruelty.
Andy let hand in hand screech!

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyKoh (Post 34149)