PetFinder.my

PetFinder.my (https://forums.petfinder.my/index.php)
-   Music (https://forums.petfinder.my/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   New Age Music (https://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=636)

alancheah 08-13-2008 09:09 PM

New Age Music

I like to listen to Suzanne Ciani's new age music.

How about you?{happy}

Ezer 08-13-2008 11:12 PM

Re: New Age Music

I like a lot of new age.. nice to sleep with...

Enya is my favorite...

alancheah 08-13-2008 11:42 PM

New Age music... best type of music on earth (to me)... {happy}

Ezer 08-13-2008 11:46 PM

I totally agree!

ashleywong 08-14-2008 05:26 PM

sorry, but what is new age music? i've been rusticating in my cave far too long! these rules do that to you, you know...

June 08-14-2008 05:33 PM

New Age Music

u not the only one ashley.What is new age music??

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashleywong (Post 3839)
sorry, but what is new age music? i've been rusticating in my cave far too long! these rules do that to you, you know...

Ezer 08-14-2008 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashleywong (Post 3839)

New Age music is peaceful music of various styles that is intended to create relaxation and positive feelings. Some but not all new age music is associated with New Age beliefs. New Age music is typically relaxing and inspiring, and is often used by listeners for such activities as yoga, massage, meditation, reading, as a method of stress management or to create a peaceful atmosphere in their home or other environments.

The harmonies in new age music are generally modal, consonant, or include a drone bass. The melodies are often repetitive, to create a hypnotic feeling, and sometimes recordings of nature sounds are used as an introduction to a track or throughout the piece. Songs of up to 30 minutes duration are not uncommon.

New Age music includes both electronic forms, frequently relying on sustained pads or long sequencer-based runs, and acoustic forms, featuring instruments such as flutes, piano, acoustic guitar and a wide variety of non-western acoustic instruments. In many cases, high-quality digitally sampled instruments are used instead of natural acoustic instruments. Vocal arrangements were initially rare in New Age music but as it has evolved vocals have become more common, especially vocals featuring Sanskrit, Tibetan or Native American-influenced chants, or lyrics based on mythology such as Celtic legends or the realm of Faerie.

Music which falls into this definition is usually music which cannot be easily classified into other, more common definitions, but often includes well-defined music such as Worldbeat and Flamenco guitar. Musicians as varied as George Winston, Dean Evenson, Will Ackerman, Ray Lynch, Suzanne Ciani, Jim Brickman, Enya, B-Tribe, GregZ, Deep Forest, Jean Michel Jarre, Enigma, Kitaro, Yanni, Oscar Lopez, Mike Oldfield and Steve Roach are typically classified as New Age despite their wildly divergent musical styles. It also includes expressly spiritual New Age music as a subset.

June 08-14-2008 07:38 PM

New Age Music

ok.I listen to Jim Brackman and Kitaro so that I can sleep.he!!he!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ezer (Post 3870)
New Age music is peaceful music of various styles that is intended to create relaxation and positive feelings. Some but not all new age music is associated with New Age beliefs. New Age music is typically relaxing and inspiring, and is often used by listeners for such activities as yoga, massage, meditation, reading, as a method of stress management or to create a peaceful atmosphere in their home or other environments.

The harmonies in new age music are generally modal, consonant, or include a drone bass. The melodies are often repetitive, to create a hypnotic feeling, and sometimes recordings of nature sounds are used as an introduction to a track or throughout the piece. Songs of up to 30 minutes duration are not uncommon.

New Age music includes both electronic forms, frequently relying on sustained pads or long sequencer-based runs, and acoustic forms, featuring instruments such as flutes, piano, acoustic guitar and a wide variety of non-western acoustic instruments. In many cases, high-quality digitally sampled instruments are used instead of natural acoustic instruments. Vocal arrangements were initially rare in New Age music but as it has evolved vocals have become more common, especially vocals featuring Sanskrit, Tibetan or Native American-influenced chants, or lyrics based on mythology such as Celtic legends or the realm of Faerie.

Music which falls into this definition is usually music which cannot be easily classified into other, more common definitions, but often includes well-defined music such as Worldbeat and Flamenco guitar. Musicians as varied as George Winston, Dean Evenson, Will Ackerman, Ray Lynch, Suzanne Ciani, Jim Brickman, Enya, B-Tribe, GregZ, Deep Forest, Jean Michel Jarre, Enigma, Kitaro, Yanni, Oscar Lopez, Mike Oldfield and Steve Roach are typically classified as New Age despite their wildly divergent musical styles. It also includes expressly spiritual New Age music as a subset.

dog is my buddy 08-15-2008 12:47 AM

New Age Music is for grandma listen when doing activities as yoga.

Ezer 08-15-2008 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dog is my buddy (Post 3943)
New Age Music is for grandma listen when doing activities as yoga.

Haha.. I am not a grandma and I listen to it...

June's gonna be a grandma one day though! And She'll definitely enjoy it more then

June 08-15-2008 12:24 PM

New Age Music

hah!!hah!! yes, one day I'll become a grandma but the trendy grandma listening to rock music.whoa!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ezer (Post 3945)
Haha.. I am not a grandma and I listen to it...

June's gonna be a grandma one day though! And She'll definitely enjoy it more then

Ezer 08-15-2008 08:30 PM

June, old grandma with miniskirt, rapping... that'll be a sight to behold!

June 08-15-2008 09:19 PM

wakakakakakakak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ezer (Post 4336)

Ezer 08-16-2008 04:55 AM

Oh, I love the cranberries too... they are the best!

2lcd 10-20-2009 10:05 PM

Cranberries used to rules (me) too. But kinda losing out, now I am more into something else >_<

cookies4bulat 10-20-2009 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ezer (Post 4336)

kak june!rap sket!{shy}{shy}{shy} i like cranberries too!!i listen to them until now..dont care what ppl say..hey u outdated!{nah}{nah}(like my heart lah)also listen to indies music,like zee avi, estrella, lenka.sumtimes listen to enya too!!err..lagu soundtrack lord of the ring lagu enya kan??{shy}{shy}