PetFinder.my

PetFinder.my (https://forums.petfinder.my/index.php)
-   Announcements, Notices and Contests (https://forums.petfinder.my/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Forum Upgrading Completed - New Features List! (https://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=689)

AndyKoh 08-15-2008 05:07 PM

Forum Upgrading - Weekend

Dear Animal Lovers,

To better serve our Pet Slaves and their Masters, we will be conducting an upgrade on the forum system. There will be many more cool features and enhancements - yes, it's gonna be Awesome!

So, there might be a slight downtime of an hour or so during this weekend. Don't worry, the forum wasn't abducted by aliens.

We'll keep you posted. Meanwhile, enjoy your stay and continue chatting! {mbiggrin}

June 08-15-2008 05:13 PM

tks for the info.I'm one of the hantu forumer on weekend.{wink}guess have to find new activities on weekendlah.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyKoh (Post 4245)
Dear Animal Lovers,

To better serve our Pet Slaves and their Masters, we will be conducting an upgrade on the forum system. There will be many more cool features and enhancements - yes, it's gonna be Awesome!

So, there might be a slight downtime of an hour or so during this weekend. Don't worry, the forum wasn't abducted by aliens.

We'll keep you posted. Meanwhile, enjoy your stay and continue chatting! {mbiggrin}

BabyZee 08-15-2008 05:15 PM

Re: Forum Upgrading - Weekend

kolo kolo kolo...
I'll be doing that for this weekend.....{sweat}

AndyKoh 08-15-2008 05:17 PM

Haha, don't worry, it's gonna be completed within an hour or less, so just have a cup of teh tarik at your favourite kopitiam and we'll all be eagerly waiting for you to join us at the enhanced forum when you're back! {wink}

Quote:

Originally Posted by June (Post 4252)
tks for the info.I'm one of the hantu forumer on weekend.{wink}guess have to find new activities on weekendlah.

June 08-15-2008 05:22 PM

wow!! that fast?? Normally weekend I get up around 10am.so maybe by noon I start roaming around in the forum.hmm!!! good,good.{wink}

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyKoh (Post 4258)
Haha, don't worry, it's gonna be completed within an hour or less, so just have a cup of teh tarik at your favourite kopitiam and we'll all be eagerly waiting for you to join us at the enhanced forum when you're back! {wink}

blackie007 08-15-2008 05:40 PM

Phewwitt!! Looking forward to more cool stuff!!!! {high}{high}

What time frame, and....Saturday or Sunday? So I can plan other activities during downtime lah.....{happy}{happy}
Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyKoh (Post 4245)
Dear Animal Lovers,

Come, come, kak June, let's go on a mini jungle-trekking at FRIM, Kepong. Easy stuff, well, easier than Taman Negara or the jungle treks in Cameron Highlands. Anyone else wanna come along? {wink}

Quote:

Originally Posted by June (Post 4252)

AndyKoh 08-15-2008 05:51 PM

Haha.. awww, I feel so bad making you guys look for alternate activities during the weekend.

On second thoughts, I'll likely conduct the upgrade about midnight tonight. I've already done most of the preparations just now, so I believe I can limit the downtime to 15 mins or less if all goes well!

So, when the vampires wake up tonight, they'll be looking at a cool, enhanced forum! {good}

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackie007 (Post 4283)
Phewwitt!! Looking forward to more cool stuff!!!! {high}{high}

What time frame, and....Saturday or Sunday? So I can plan other activities during downtime lah.....{happy}{happy}

Come, come, kak June, let's go on a mini jungle-trekking at FRIM, Kepong. Easy stuff, well, easier than Taman Negara or the jungle treks in Cameron Highlands. Anyone else wanna come along? {wink}

blackie007 08-15-2008 06:02 PM

Ooooooh............I can't wait, I can't wait to wake up. Huh?????!!!! (puzzled) Am I not already awake???? {oh}{oh}Hmmm........(confused a bit)

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyKoh (Post 4289)
So, when the vampires wake up tonight, they'll be looking at a cool, enhanced forum! {good}

June 08-15-2008 06:03 PM

heh!!heh!! so the vampires tonite have to go out also lah.to get fresh meat supply while waiting for the forum back to normal again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyKoh (Post 4289)
Haha.. awww, I feel so bad making you guys look for alternate activities during the weekend.

On second thoughts, I'll likely conduct the upgrade about midnight tonight. I've already done most of the preparations just now, so I believe I can limit the downtime to 15 mins or less if all goes well!

Penghulu 08-15-2008 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by June (Post 4293)
heh!!heh!! so the vampires tonite have to go out also lah.to get fresh meat supply while waiting for the forum back to normal again.

hey June skg kan sambutan Hungry Ghost Festival....cari makan ler apa lagi...

blackie007 08-15-2008 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinmalek (Post 4303)
hey June skg kan sambutan Hungry Ghost Festival....cari makan ler apa lagi...

Din, Hungry Ghost Festival tuh untuk hantu yang lapar. Kiter orang bukan hantu lapar, tapi vampire. Ader perbezaan, tau. Kiter minum darah, tak makan.....heheheh{happy}{happy}

Penghulu 08-15-2008 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackie007 (Post 4307)
Din, Hungry Ghost Festival tuh untuk hantu yang lapar. Kiter orang bukan hantu lapar, tapi vampire. Ader perbezaan, tau. Kiter minum darah, tak makan.....heheheh{happy}{happy}

OOHhhh like that arr...so come lar I m a finest donor for you...
come suck me dry....bwakakaka

June 08-15-2008 06:53 PM

woh!!!vampire offended disamakan dgn hungry ghosts.wakakakakakakakakak!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackie007 (Post 4307)

Ezer 08-15-2008 07:19 PM

Hahaha... guys, not to worry... the new features will astound you.. !

Will have photo albums, blogs, and more!!

We'll constantly upgrade and enhance our services so all of you hantu can lepak and enjoy better lah..

Penghulu 08-15-2008 07:22 PM

Hail all the hantus will break loose....

KUDOS to both of you.....certainly be looking forward to the new era of PetFinder.my...
so we will see more members coming.....horayyy

AndyKoh 08-15-2008 11:37 PM

Hi Guys,

The upgrade will begin at midnight sharp - when the clock strikes 12 and vampires start waking up! {sweat}

Don't worry, it's gonna be real quick, so hang on there! {wink}

AndyKoh 08-16-2008 12:52 AM

Re: Forum Upgrading Completed - New Features List!

The forum upgrade has been completed smoothly in 15 minutes! From a quick glance, everything looks the same, but... here are a list of cool new featuers now available!

Blogging
Yes, you can now blog away within the comfort of our forum! A fully integrated blog that you can showcase to your friends and write to your heart's content.

Thread Tagging
A new way to facilitate searching and grouping of threads, it is now possible for users to add tags to threads they post or read. Tags can be added when creating a new thread, or to an existing thread by any user (with appropriate permissions).

Any users who then click on these tags will not only find all thread that have the same tag as the one clicked, but will also contribute to the building of a search tag cloud, which gives users a quick guide as to what has been searched for recently and most frequently.

Reciprocal Friendships Between Users
As part of the new social networking system, users can now request that people on their buddy list confirm their friendship, after which time a person's list of confirmed friends will be viewable to other users.

Public Messaging
We now introduce the public messaging system, allowing users to communicate publicly via their profile pages.

User Picture Galleries
Users can now create albums and upload pictures to their account. The ability to view these albums and pictures can be limited by the user to just board staff and people on their buddy list if they want privacy.

User-Created Social Groups
To further social cohesion between users and to encourage people to make friends, vBulletin now includes a facility to allow users to create their own social/interest groups. These groups are enhanced by having their own public messaging system, and the ability to add pictures to the group from user albums.

New Member Profile Page
The member profile page has been completely redesigned from the ground up. The new page presents information in a far cleaner and more logical manner, while dividing up information into manageable chunks using a tabbed interface. Individual profile field categories can be displayed alone in blocks in the right column, in addition to appearing by default in the 'About Me' tab.

Inline Editing of Profile Field Values
The 'About Me' tab of each member's profile page has edit controls, allowing
them to quickly change values without leaving their profile page.

Attachment Viewing Lightbox
Clicking on an attached image will now open a lightbox rather than open a new window, with the image scaled to fit the browser viewport. A click on the image in the lightbox will open it in a new window as before.

And many more... that you'll discover as you use!

Enjoy yourself, and do let us know if you encounter any problems or require any assistance with the new system! {mbiggrin}

dog is my buddy 08-16-2008 12:58 AM

Re: Forum Upgrading Completed - New Features List!

Hey, that good! thanks andy!

BabyZee 08-16-2008 01:31 AM

Wow,less then an hour..
I went for my shower and when i came back voila!
Back to normal again...{happy}

It's like a mini friendster but much more better and for pet lovers..{victory}
Beside that the forum is the main attraction here and also the pets listings...
yeah..{happy}
Thanks so much andy, keep up the good work!
I'll try to support as long as i can and we'll also contribute to the appropriate topics here...{wink}

dog is my buddy 08-16-2008 01:34 AM

so sweet baby, If can see your face. That most sweet.