PetFinder.my

PetFinder.my (https://forums.petfinder.my/index.php)
-   Member Introductions (https://forums.petfinder.my/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Pet adopted from blackie007 (https://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=1971)

pepper 03-17-2009 12:37 PM

Pet adopted from blackie007

Hi, I'm new to petfinders. I juz adopted a cat, snowy now known as sidney, from blackie007 about a month ago. I'd juz like to update on how sidney's doing. She's actually getting better, gaining weight and getting more playful. But she's also not the healthiest cat. She's having diarrhoea now.

Blackie007, what do you normally feed her? And is her stool normally soft? It's been going on for the past week. There was water in the stool last week, but this week it's juz soft but no water. I already took her to the vet and she's still on medication (probiotics) and chicken breast. I juz started to feed her her normal dry catfood on monday. And she has been meowing very loudly in the mornings and nights lately.

Please let me know if this is normal or should I take her to the vet again.

Pepper

blackie007 03-17-2009 12:46 PM

Re: Pet adopted from blackie007

Hi there Pepper,

Welcome to Petfinder forum. {good}

Yes, Snowy, oops, Sidney is one very playful kitten. I'm so glad she found a home with you. If I could, I would have taken her home myself.

Snowy has been fed dry kibbles. I am not sure how her stool was like but I should think it would not have been watery. Jimmy is a better person to answer your questions. I'll sms him now and ask him to log in when he is free.

Once again, thanks so much for taking such good care of Sidney. That's a lovely name you gave her, btw. Please post photos of her when you can. {grin}{grin}

Quote:

Originally Posted by pepper (Post 34711)
Hi, I'm new to petfinders. I juz adopted a cat, snowy now known as sidney, from blackie007 about a month ago. I'd juz like to update on how sidney's doing. She's actually getting better, gaining weight and getting more playful. But she's also not the healthiest cat. She's having diarrhoea now.

Blackie007, what do you normally feed her? And is her stool normally soft? It's been going on for the past week. There was water in the stool last week, but this week it's juz soft but no water. I already took her to the vet and she's still on medication (probiotics) and chicken breast. I juz started to feed her her normal dry catfood on monday. And she has been meowing very loudly in the mornings and nights lately.

Please let me know if this is normal or should I take her to the vet again.

Pepper

blackie007 03-17-2009 01:04 PM

Pepper,

Jimmy is in Shah Alam at this moment, and is very busy with a lot of things at the moment, so he can't go to his shop and log in. He suggests that you give him a call so he can help answer your questions. his number is 019 - 2424 636

However, Sidney's stool has never been soft, so what you describe is not her normal stool texture.

Maybe it's due to the change in food & diet? What did you feed her? Sidney has been fed Royal Canin Kitten all this while.

Did you by any chance be feeding her Friskies or Smartheart? I have heard from a number of members here whose cats develop diarrhea or vomit after feeding them with those brands.

rozzygee 03-17-2009 03:42 PM

Welcome to PF, Pepper!
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q...nluortabby.gif
Make yrself at home.
I wish i could see Sidney's pix here.. i guess u maybe wanna wait until she gets better to snap her pix {wink}

pepper 03-17-2009 03:43 PM

Thanks blackie007.

Yes, we only feed her royal canin and the occasional chicken breast. Poor Sidney, I wonder if she has been meowing in pain the whole time :(

Nevertheless I'll take her to the vet as soon as I can. And will give Jimmy a call if necessary. Thanks so much for your help. I'd love to post some of her pics, as soon as I learn how to do it :)

Pepper.

blackie007 03-17-2009 04:02 PM

Pepper,

Her meowing might not necessarily be in pain. It could be a number of reasons, two of which I'll list below.

1) She might be on heat. I'm not sure if Jimmy managed to spay her before giving her to you. Did he ask you to spay her or did he say she's already been spayed?

2) She might be feeling lonely and wants to be with you. It could be a cry for attention.

My Blackie does the same, every morning at 6am sharp. If I don't answer his call, he'll stop and then call again at 7am. My hubby and mum says he's more punctual than the alarm clock (hubby now relies on his calls to wake up, no alarm needed anymore. {shy})

He wants to be fed, hand-fed, mind you, as his food bowl still has food, and a bowl of very warm water. He likes his water warm in the morning, not cold, hahahah.

So, it could be that she just feels lost & wants attention. They do bond with you after a while, and can be quite gluey sometimes.

Please give Sidney a big hug and kiss for me.

Rozzy,
Here are some of Sidney's photos before Pepper adopted her. But I'm sure she looks far better now, with the TLC that Pepper is giving her. {grin}

http://www.petfinder.my/photo/pet/36/3674-9441-s.jpg

http://www.petfinder.my/photo/pet/36/3674-9442-s.jpg

http://www.petfinder.my/photo/pet/36/3674-9443-s.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by pepper (Post 34756)
Thanks blackie007.

Yes, we only feed her royal canin and the occasional chicken breast. Poor Sidney, I wonder if she has been meowing in pain the whole time :(

Nevertheless I'll take her to the vet as soon as I can. And will give Jimmy a call if necessary. Thanks so much for your help. I'd love to post some of her pics, as soon as I learn how to do it :)

Pepper.

pepper 03-17-2009 04:04 PM

3 Attachment(s)
i have attached sidney's pics... let me know if you can see them...

check out the last picture.. thats seriously how she sleeps... i swear i did not move her limbs

blackie007 03-17-2009 04:14 PM

awww......she looks so sweet. and i absolutely adore the way she sleeps. {muacks} {kiss} to sidney.

http://forums.petfinder.my/attachmen...8&d=1237276919

http://forums.petfinder.my/attachmen...9&d=1237276919

http://forums.petfinder.my/attachmen...0&d=1237276919

Quote:

Originally Posted by pepper (Post 34764)

check out the last picture.. thats seriously how she sleeps... i swear i did not move her limbs

pepper 03-17-2009 04:19 PM

hahaha.. yes!! 6am!! and she goes out to the kitchen and makes that semi in heat meowing noise (she has to go for her 2nd vaccination b4 her spaying)... its a very different kind of meow and much louder... maybe because she knows there are stray cats on the other side... i'd rather she's in heat than in pain!

Maneki Neko 03-17-2009 04:24 PM

Dear Pepper,

Sidney is adorable -- I remember seeing her listing on Petfinder and thinking, what a lucky person got that cat! For what it's worth, my Maneki also went through a persistent bout of diarrhea. My vet (at Brickfields Vet Clinic, which I adore) drew some blood and deduced from the lab results that she had a bacterial infection in her gut. One injection and a round of antibiotic tablets cured her in about a week.

I hope your vet can diagnose and treat Sidney's problem straightaway, so you can get back to the more important business of loving your healthy, gorgeous cat!

And did I read that correctly? Blackie wants warm water with breakfast? What next? A cappuccino??

June 03-17-2009 04:33 PM

You heard it correctly.Blackie is the most demanding cat in this forum. {shy}{shy}

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maneki Neko (Post 34770)
Dear Pepper,

Sidney is adorable -- I remember seeing her listing on Petfinder and thinking, what a lucky person got that cat! For what it's worth, my Maneki also went through a persistent bout of diarrhea. My vet (at Brickfields Vet Clinic, which I adore) drew some blood and deduced from the lab results that she had a bacterial infection in her gut. One injection and a round of antibiotic tablets cured her in about a week.

I hope your vet can diagnose and treat Sidney's problem straightaway, so you can get back to the more important business of loving your healthy, gorgeous cat!

And did I read that correctly? Blackie wants warm water with breakfast? What next? A cappuccino??

blackie007 03-17-2009 04:34 PM

hahaha. 6am too?? {shy}

yup, it's sure better to meow in heat than in pain. {good} good thing you don't live near me or my blackie might learn to make a different kind of meowing noise. {catlaugh}{catlaugh}{catlaugh}

right now, it's just those sounds kittens make when calling out for their mother cats. yup, he makes those noises even though he's already 3+. {ohmygod}

i used to let him sleep with me, but due to him having a habit of pulling my hair, or jumping on my feet that he could see outlined through the comforter like as if i'm a mouse at 6am, i've resorted to locking him out of my room at night.

if i come out of my room in the middle of the night, i'll find him sleeping outside my door instead of in his own bed. {grin}

Quote:

Originally Posted by pepper (Post 34768)
hahaha.. yes!! 6am!! and she goes out to the kitchen and makes that semi in heat meowing noise (she has to go for her 2nd vaccination b4 her spaying)... its a very different kind of meow and much louder... maybe because she knows there are stray cats on the other side... i'd rather she's in heat than in pain!

blackie007 03-17-2009 04:42 PM

yup, maneki, as june said, u read it correctly. blackie hates room temperature water. too bad i never managed to catch him in action when he happened to drink water that I haven't changed yet.

u should see it. he's so cute. he'll sit down for a drink. and then his body jerks backward sharply if the water is not to the temperature that he likes.

then, if he's in a forgiving mood, he'll gingerly lap up the water like as if it could be poison. if he's in a what i call his "siew yeah chai" (young master) mood he'll stop, looked at me if i'm nearby, or go and find us and meow at us, then open his mouth and lick his lips. that is a sign he wants his water changed for a warmer temperature one. {shy}{shy}

and he wants to be hand-fed his breakfast, and supper. supper is salmon, and must be hand-fed, too. if u put it in a bowl as I do sometimes due to coming home late after a midnight movie or late night out, he refused to eat and will simply sit down and look up at you, and make chewing motions with his mouth. {ohmygod}

Quote:

Originally Posted by June (Post 34772)
You heard it correctly.Blackie is the most demanding cat in this forum. {shy}{shy}

[/B][/COLOR]

rozzygee 03-17-2009 05:10 PM

*sigh* i wish i could give all the attentions to my ALL cats {ohmygod}. Sometimes if i did, i feel dat i am being unfair to others {grin}. I must say that all of them craving for my attention compared to my hubby and sons {shy}{shy} What about u june with yr 10 cats?

Quote:

Dont u think it's a bit similar to June's Pokemon sleeping style here? {shy}
http://forums.petfinder.my/attachmen...3&d=1235488856

Maneki Neko 03-17-2009 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackie007 (Post 34776)
he'll sit down for a drink. and then his body jerks backward sharply if the water is not to the temperature that he likes.

then, if he's in a forgiving mood, he'll gingerly lap up the water like as if it could be poison. if he's in a what i call his "siew yeah chai" (young master) mood he'll stop, looked at me if i'm nearby, or go and find us and meow at us, then open his mouth and lick his lips. that is a sign he wants his water changed for a warmer temperature one. {shy}{shy}

and he wants to be hand-fed his breakfast, and supper. supper is salmon, and must be hand-fed, too. if u put it in a bowl as I do sometimes due to coming home late after a midnight movie or late night out, he refused to eat and will simply sit down and look up at you, and make chewing motions with his mouth. {ohmygod}

Silly me -- I thought you were joking when you described yourself as "slave to a cat"...

Maybe you could try a different type of bowl for Datuk Blackie's salmon. Say, bone china, or crystal. {shy}

And Pepper, will keep us posted on Sidney's progress?

June 03-17-2009 08:10 PM

heheheh!! all my cats also kancheong wants our attention.so left hand rub Peterpan,right hand rub Pokemon. My husband did the same thing. To the right Oni and to the left Gemok.After 5 minutes also,"next please".{shy}{shy}

Quote:

Originally Posted by rozzygee (Post 34782)
*sigh* i wish i could give all the attentions to my ALL cats {ohmygod}. Sometimes if i did, i feel dat i am being unfair to others {grin}. I must say that all of them craving for my attention compared to my hubby and sons {shy}{shy} What about u june with yr 10 cats?

Dont u think it's a bit similar to June's Pokemon sleeping style here? {shy}

rozzygee 03-17-2009 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by June (Post 34809)
heheheh!! all my cats also kancheong wants our attention.so left hand rub Peterpan,right hand rub Pokemon. My husband did the same thing. To the right Oni and to the left Gemok.After 5 minutes also,"next please".{shy}{shy}

hehe.. pas tu u rub hubby .. hubby rub u ekekekekk {shy}{shy}{shy} *gurau je yer*

June 03-17-2009 09:06 PM

muahahahahaha!! mcm tau tau je akak ni {wink}

sorry pepper,off topic sekejap.now back to the topic.

welcome to petfinder.yes, your sydney very cute ler. {victory}

Quote:

Originally Posted by rozzygee (Post 34813)
hehe.. pas tu u rub hubby .. hubby rub u ekekekekk {shy}{shy}{shy} *gurau je yer*

cookie 03-17-2009 10:31 PM

Pepper, Sidney looks happy. {good}
I love cats who sleep on their backs all stretched out - so relaxed. {victory}

pepper 03-18-2009 11:14 AM

its official... sidney's a big girl... she was actually on heat!! {mhorny} so cute.. she lifted her butt when i scratched it.. {shy} i guess that confirmed it...

she still has 1 more vaccination (today) to go before getting spayed... which means i have to bear with her moaning/groaning for 2 more weeks {sick} apparently i heard that once they start calling, it wont stop even after we spay them.. please say it isn't so....??

as for her diarrhoea, we're taking her to the vet later... i hope she'll be ok... i'll keep u guys posted.. thanks for all the tips!!