PetFinder.my

PetFinder.my (https://forums.petfinder.my/index.php)
-   Health, Disease & Diet (https://forums.petfinder.my/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Please help my shih tzu! (https://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=4142)

eva1437 03-13-2010 07:39 PM

Please help my shih tzu!

I just found out that there is a growth on my shih tzu... anyone know is that a serious disease or what???

For your info, i just adopted this 6 year old shih tzu from pet shop 2 weeks ago.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...7/DSC00236.jpg

Maneki Neko 03-13-2010 08:26 PM

Re: Please help my shih tzu!

Eva, you need to bring your dog to a vet for diagnosis. No one can look at this photo and accurately tell you what the lump is.

I suppose you could try to return the dog to the pet shop and ask them to return your money. They might give you a refund, but they will most certainly then euthanise the dog. Do you care about the dog's health and life? If so, best take it to the vet for a look. Good luck!

eva1437 03-13-2010 08:38 PM

Hi, thanks for reply.

I will take her to vet tomorrow, but before that just wanna find out if anyone had the same problem before. This is the first time I see this lump on a dog, so I am very worried... wanna find out what's going on first... sighss...

Maneki Neko 03-13-2010 09:30 PM

Hi, Eva --

Try not to worry until the vet sees the lump. It might be something harmless, and it might be something that is easily treated. Let's hope for the best! {good} Keep us posted, ok?

Quote:

Originally Posted by eva1437 (Post 77799)
Hi, thanks for reply.

I will take her to vet tomorrow, but before that just wanna find out if anyone had the same problem before. This is the first time I see this lump on a dog, so I am very worried... wanna find out what's going on first... sighss...

Divas 03-14-2010 01:33 PM

Please do let us know what the vet says. A lot of dogs do develope harmless fat lumps just under the skin so it might just be that (fingers crossed).

Sending happy healthy thoughts to you and your girl, hoping for good news :) .

eva1437 03-14-2010 06:45 PM

hi to you both.... i have called the pet shop owner and take my dog to doctor, the lump is caused by hernia, not harmful...luckily{victory}

anyway, it should be fixed according to doctor because it might turn to be cancer or harmful disease the the dog gets old later, so will let the doctor fix the hernia as well when spaying later....

Maneki Neko 03-15-2010 08:21 AM

Hey, Eva, that's great news! I'm really pleased that it's only a hernia. Yes, it still requires surgery, but at least it's nothing more serious. {good} And good for you for having her spayed at the same time -- that will also decrease her chances of getting cancer later in her life. A long and healthy life to you both! {happy}

Quote:

Originally Posted by eva1437 (Post 77813)
hi to you both.... i have called the pet shop owner and take my dog to doctor, the lump is caused by hernia, not harmful...luckily{victory}

anyway, it should be fixed according to doctor because it might turn to be cancer or harmful disease the the dog gets old later, so will let the doctor fix the hernia as well when spaying later....

Divas 03-15-2010 02:20 PM

Yey thats great news. Here's happy healing throughts for your girl after her surgery :) .

eva1437 03-16-2010 01:25 PM

Thanks for your concern, my girl is quite healthy now except the hernia thingy.
Gonna take her for grooming too, coz i found hairs inside the eyes... short and tiny hairs... hmm...

Anyway, wanna ask u guys, how long it takes for the shih tzu's hair to grow long?? coz it seems that my girl's hair is the same as few weeks before.... just curious cause this is the first time im keeping long coat hair doggie....{happy}

Divas 03-16-2010 09:56 PM

It depends on the condition of your girls coat and how active she is. If you look after it well it could reach the floor in 6 months or so. Make sure to keep it well brushed and conditioned, also while the coat is growing, regular trips to a good groomer will be very helpful to make sure you are brushing correctly and the coat is staying healthy (like our hair you need to trim the edges every now and then to keep it growing nicely).