View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 10:09 PM
Animal Lover

kimimaro84 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How to take care of a pet turtle / pet tortoise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kairul View Post
Hello..

I bought a pair of pet-tortoises [or are they turtles? coz i cannot differentiate them. The seller labelled them as 'turtles set' but some said they are tortoises] during pets@monorail and this is my first time having this type of pet.

So, if any of you have experience in taking GOOD care of them, do let me know...

1- The food, the amount and time to feed them, and what not to feed
2- The water, when to change, the level
3- The home, what to put, what not to put

And any other infos...

Thnks!!
Hi, first of all sorry to hear bout ur mum. Good thing u sent her early. Me also kena dengue 2 times d, one time till cant walk. Hope she is well

Bout ur turtle, me also got 3 last time. 2 i bought when i was in standard 4, jaga them rili well. Then one day i found a black color turtle crossing the road so i bring back.

3 of them got their own character. The first 2 was only size of 50cent coin when i bought. somehow one of them seems to be aggressive. Always snatch food from the other one. As years pass by he become big n the other one still small. But they were happy together la. Always swimming n playing on the small bridge i bought them. Then the black one join in, he was same size as the aggressive one.

not long after that the black one got killed by the aggressive one, so ganas go bite the head off...i am sure i feed them everyday...was so kinda scary to dig it out from the container...then next was the small turtle. He also kena makan. The head was completely eaten part of the shell was shred to pieces...huhu

But still i sayang this aggressive one. He is the most excited when he sees me, also he like to climb out from the container. When we go outstation he will climb out n dunno crawl where. Hungry only come out find me lol.

bout food, i give kang kung daily. cabbage also. If they r lucky, they get seahum/kerang or prawn. But their shit will smell worst than diarrhea. Juz change water every 2 days or when it gets murky. The water lvl shud be enuf for them to stand n put thier head up. Try put some stones or bridge so they can dry themselves there. They will always climb on top of each other like a tower haha.

when they grow big dun put finger into the tub, they will bite n never release. need kill to release i seen in a clinic b4.