View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 11:40 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The truth about cats...

This is not a joke, but simply included in this thread as something interesting that I found:

In 1986, press attache Young Mo Ahn of the Korean embassy in Washington D.C. stated " Koreans have never made a practice of consuming cat meat. There is an old belief among the people that a benevolent spirit resides within cats. Therefore, to harm a cat would be to harm the spirit. Cats are kept by many households and restaurants in Korea to keep rodents under control, and are therefore highly valued. " According to other Koreans, many there have a disdain for cats and could not imagine eating them though they could imagine harming them.

I myself find cats captivating and mesmerising creatures and through the years, I have grown to feel for them deeply, especially the unfortunate strays. I feel a certain bond with them.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies