View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 06:45 PM
PetFinder Guru

Nana is on a distinguished road
Default Re: need help helping strays. Pls..

Yeah, I'm working out the money to get them spayed.

As I've mentioned to kak june, I'm very concerned with aftercare. My Bintang's wound was infected, and I kept her confined for over 3 weeks (could be I was overreacting). But yeah, she was given a course of antibiotic (lowest dose as told by the vet). She was confined and on e-collar from day 1. only after discovering that it was infected, i found out that, all the while, she'd been cooperating with Bulan. So Bintang from inside the cage would lie sideways at the very edge of the cage, and Bulan licked from outside. And I'm guessing that's why it was infected. I can't imagine how the strays are gonna take it...

I'm planning to have them neutered 1 at a time, there are 7 of them. i think 4 females, 3 males. I can't be home all the time, in fact, won't be home, most of day time, and definitely no one would assist me to look after the cats. Do you think that would be ok?

Then, if they are to be vaccinated twice, the soonest that 1 of them can be neutered is like in 3 mths, ya? the question is can the vaccination come after the neutering? Otherwise, they would definitely multiply within that period of time.

then as I mentioned, 4 females and 3 males. I guess I should start with the females ya? Does it matter whether I start with the younger or older females?

Please advise. Thanks.