View Single Post
Old 08-30-2008, 01:43 AM
PetFinder Guru

lynielime is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Need help with taming feral kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywong View Post
hi lynie

sorry typo error earlier - i meant to say they don't have that fearful look in the eyes

that make it two of us - we shall look to june and other forumer to show us the ropes on being "foster feline grandparent".

my colleauges now asked : are you a grandparent yet? has samantha given birth yet?

how they knew : cos i panic when i heard samantha was pregnant and i had to be the feline midwife and i took my panic to work - they asked me why i had that frantic look and i spilt everything

how about you let the other kittens watch and observe how mr fluffers interact with you?

i noticed that when my previously lost ginger returned home to us, initially he would only interact with the other cats but not us - he was really afraid of us - but we also noticed how he intently observed how the others interact with us right from fighting us when given medicine to asking us for cuddles and kisses...and from then on we make sure he is only exposed to good behaviour. :-)

perhaps you can give fluffers more time outside the cage so the others can see from the cage there's nothing to be afraid of when fluffers is with you.

right now mama cat will not be that concerned about her kittens because to her mind they are "old" enough to be independent.

hang in there...
Yeah! Mama cat doesn't care about them at all. Poor babies. I think this confuses them even more because they are trying to look to her for reassurance.. But really they are old enough to be independent. In the streets she would have left them already. They've been weaned for quite some time. Usually the stray kittens i find are much younger. Oh took your advice today and have given mr fluffers freedom in cat room. He's loving it and we played for almost 2 hours. Finally had to stop coz he was gasping for breath. The others watched and seemed interested when i dangled the toys in front of them, but still they held back. I'll try again tomorrow. At least they showed interest. That's something right? Will keep you posted. How is samantha? Should be giving birth anytime now right?