View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 10:46 PM
Call me Yuana or Yan ;)

euanna is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Felis Wonder Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coony View Post
There is nothing to be malu about, just be honest with what you want.

1) Pet quality cat is identified by the breeder as not for show due to their quality not up the breed standard or not wanted by the breeder to represent his breeding but shud still be healthy & fun to have for a pet. Sometime one can hardly see any fault in the cat & only the breeder can tell you why. Pet quality shud always or spay or neuter as any quality fall short of their standard shud not be use for breeding.

2) Breed quality cat is identified as a potential breeding cat but not necessary good for showing.

3) Show neuter quality cat as the word already describe it as a show cat to represent it breed standard but will only be sold as spay or neuter with no breeding right.

4) Show breeder quality cat is the show cat sold with breeding right.

The price of the cat goes as number 1 (Pet quality) to be the cheapest & subsequently higher for the other according to their quality with the show breeder always as the highest. Price various from one breeder to another, it’s does not necessary be any fixed market price for them, so do your research & understand why some cost more compare to other.

In most cases BYB or kitty mill produce will be cheaper as they bred from cheap quality lines with consistent mass breeding of them feeding on low quality food, but many a time they are also the one who can charge you exorbitant price.
Ahaa... now I understand more.. but another question.. assuming it's a pet home.. does that mean it's only for stay home pet ( can't be in show ) or it's the same as show home .. only less in the breeder's standard??

The idea of having a pedigree cat is very interesting but I figure I still have alot to learn before even trying to own one. I will definitely get it from a qualified breeder but comparing myself to alot of the forumer's experience.. mine pales in comparison. Can't help but imagine breeder asking me about my cat experience and I'll go.. "Err.. I have 1 cat in a small apartment?"

Ehehehe... If I were to get 1.. I would definitely go for the big cats .. a MC.. maybe.. .. or a Norwegian Forest Cat .. (saw 1 at ur shop and I love how majestic it looks)... or a Ragdoll .. I've never seen MC or a Ragdoll close up.. can't wait for the next cat show to look real close.

Aha.. how do u assess the future owner of ur cats ? I imagine if I were a breeder.. I would prolly end up keeping them all to myself . They can take over the bed.. I can sleep in 1 corner ... .