View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 05:27 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Britains Got Talent

Yup! I'm sure her dreams will be fulfilled now, too --- the end of her story is going to be so different from Fantaine's. she not only gave me goose bumps, but sent shivers down my spine, too!

If ever there is a song that will move me to sign up for something, it definitely will be "do you hear the song of the angry men".... but yeah, all the songs are great, and it is also my all time favourite musical! i cried buckets, though....

I like "the lovely ladies" becos it's so hilariously risque and of course, the all powerful "Master of the house" & "confrontation" (i never knew a number like 24601 can sound so musical until Les Miserables ) and the "work song" is great, too....haha, I can go on and on about each of the songs.

Wow! only 10 pounds?? you are so lucky! i got a student afternoon matinee and if i remember, it was 20 pounds (or was it Cats that was 20 pounds?? *scratching head*)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
The song she sang really seemed to sum up her own life so far, but I'm sure her dreams will now be fulfilled, perhaps in more ways than she could have ever allowed herself to dream! I got goose bumps when she sang "...I had a dream my life would be, so different from this hell I'm living..."

Les Miserables is my all time favourite musical, of all time!

I saw it as a student at the Palace Theater, I got a lucky student standby ticket for 10 pounds and sat front row centre stage, to which I thought my neck is going to get sore, I was sitting almost on top of the stage and the orchestra and very close to the speakers!

But I didn't blink or move once in the next two hours, what followed was totally absorbing and the oh so powerful performances and the oh so powerful music!

My favourite parts are well, all of them! but "Master of the house" theme and scene and the shear power in "Confrontation"!, well, were something else!

Listening to them now, have the CD also!