Thread: Cruel adopter
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 12:41 AM
Animal Lover

Jijikiki is on a distinguished road
Angry Cruel adopter

before i say anything, I just want to say I am guilty for not doing the due diligence before letting others adopting the cat I rescued so here's a message to all rescuer.

Not all adopter are genuine in adopting the animal you have rescued.Some has hidden agenda, so here's the story of Sanji.

I rescued him 1month ago, and really love him a lot. However I am living in an apartment and I already have 4 cats thus I decided to put him up for adoption. Well all turns out well as many ppl contacted me and enquire about him. Such a adorable cat, who's not in love with him at first sight. After several SMSs and email, 1 lady by the name of Janice called desperately looking for me to adopt him. She sent me a msg late at night asking if he's still available and I said yes. I asked if she has a cat and she said yes she has a cat and looking at adopting another cat as his cat companion. She sounded genuine and said she even rescued many cats before and all of them didn't get along with her cat . At first I didn't realize what she meant;which I found out later. So after numerous msgs my husband and I heavy heartedly gave him for adoption. She looks happy ....at first.

Two weeks later I received an sms from her asking if I want Sanji back. I was shocked and surprised but I asked why? She said she pity him being lonely and her cat doesn't get along well with him. I was surprised because Sanji such a tame and friendly cat even among my cats so i doubt it is Sanji's problem. Without hesitation I said yes, give him back to me. However i was shocked by another story....she put him in some sort of private cat sanctuary(later i found out it's a glamorous name for another shelter home). Such a pity cat....put in shelter?! Actually she said her cat is anti social that's why can't get along with Sanji....i said your intention is very wrong when you adopt a cat. Supposed to adopt a cat just because you wanted them. Not because your cat wants it.

As soon as i got him back at home he looks jolly. But then found he was infested with fleas(whole body) and sent him to the vet for checking. Then the vet gave him some treatment for the fleas. Later at night he started showing signs he was unnwell. He started vomiting, and soon it was going downhill. The next day we sent him to the vet again and this time vet suspected something else. He was diagnose with the deadly HPV virus and the fleas treatment might have aggravated the disease. We have tried to save him...but he's gone and went to Rainbow Bridge now...

All i wanted to say is, please be careful with adopter name Janice coz she's not genuine at all. Also please be careful and do whatever necessary to ensure the animals you rescued have a real loving home.

I learned my lesson....rest in peace Sanji. You don't die in vain....