View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 03:40 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bahaya Pasir Kucing..

Ok, tuan tanah Nurkasih, back to your topic ... yes, memang pasir kucing ada mempunyai banyak bahaya kepada kucing, tak kira clumping atau non-clumping tetapi yg clumping lebih merbahaya, you are so correct.

Actually, I did come across a study some time back which states that all cats that use litter sand have been found with dust in their lungs (poor creatures) through inhalation and this is very bad. That not being all, traces of litter dust have also been detected in the cat owners' lungs.

But as with many other multi-million $$ profit making businesses, health concerns have been cleverly and successfully underplayed by aggressive marketing and only educated consumers are able see through the veneer.

I am really surprised that clumping litter do not carry a health warning that it is dangerous for use with kittens below 6 months of age. But then, like I say, consumers need take the initiative to educate themselves for their own benefit.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies