View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 03:45 PM
Animal Lover

freewilly85 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Shame on Dr Gowri

I advise not to go to tun razak animal medical centre.

My husky, was limping one day when we got home back late 1 night. We brought her to Sectio 14, PJ vet the next day, but the vet couldn't be sure what's wrong with her (either a broken leg or dislocated joint) cause she didn't have the X-ray facility to tell.

We are working in normal working hours, & I have checked online that the X-rays provided in vets were until 6pm weekdays (UPM closes even earlier at 4pm), & at that time being for X-rays to be open on Saturdays was only tun razak animal medical centre.

I brought my dog there myself one Saturday & told the vet, Siva (I didn't want to call him Dr because after this incident I didn't respect him) my dog's condition. I showed him how my dog walked. He asked me what did I feed my dog. I said meat & dog food. Straight away he said its the diet's problem for the limping and demanded a blood test. I said no, I am definately sure it was not the diet's problem, because I am having all 7 dogs together, everyone was donig fine, everyone was eating the same thing, & I assured him my vet earlier asked me to go for an X-ray. He challenged my previous vet's professionalism by saying something similar to:"I wonder how she can be qualified for a vet" just because she advised me to take an X-ray (I can't remember what exact phase he used).

He said he had 25 years of experiences & that I should listen to him. He diagnosed my dog was having "hyperparathyroidism" which only could be shown in the blood test. Again I said I came for an X-ray ONLY, my dog was injured for quite some time, I didn't want to delay for the X-ray anymore, he said:" Since you have delayed, why not wait for another 1 week and take the blood test 1st before the X-ray?" Then, he showed me the estimated cost for the blood test + X-ray amounting to RM600+.

In the end, I gave in to take the blood test because he said he had 25 years of experience, & charged me for almost RM300. He promised me to call me in the evening to let me know the results. But I waited for 2 days.

In these 2 days, I googled from the internet for his diagnosis. Hyperparathyroidism CAN BE DETECTED THROUGH X-RAY! Not as claimed by mr 25 years experienced vet that it could only be shown through blood test.

After 2 days, I went to collect the results myself because mr 25 years experienced vet didn't call me. He wasn't there. Another staff gave me the result & that's it. I have to ask:"Won't you explain to me what's wrong with my dog?" Then only the staff said:"Oh, your dog is fine. Nothings wrong, everything is normal" No wonder the mr vet didn't call me after the results came out?

I felt so angry & felt cheated for the blood test. The staff tried to explain like the blood test was necessary before an X-ray because they have to do the anaesthetic, & said my dog must be boarded there for the X-ray to be done & chargind me RM600+ for everything including the blood test, cause the staff said they have cases where dogs died after the anaesthetic in their care. WOW!! still expecting me to visit them for the X-ray??

My dog's weight had been declining drastically after the limping. She was eating & shitting normally but just got thinner & thinner everyday. I went to another vet for the X-ray to be done, in Yeoh Veterinary Clinic in SS24, PJ. I asked about the risk & things for the anaesthetics, must my dog be boarded or would my dog be never waken up after the anasthetics. The vet there said no. He said no, asked me not to worry because he would put on the dosage based on my dog's body weight. the X-ray was just 15 minutes, no boarding required (not as claimed by animal medical centre). The X-ray came out, my dog was having a dislocated joint, the vet said it was nearly impossible to relocate the joint as it had been dislocated for quite some time.

Thanks to mr 25 years experienced vet because for waiting another week or 2 won't harm my dog. my dog is 2 years old now, would be limping for the rest of her life, & being so hard to put on weight.