View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 01:04 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spca ampang in need of more adopters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivi View Post
Dear all,
can we stop the fighting?
for past one to two month there is nothing going on but fighting and fighting from mouth to mouth.
If each and everyone of u did experience such and such thing from spca that u r not satisfy, u can write a complain letter or look for person yang berkaitan and ask for the answer.
Kak Num already did explain and try to settle things one by one, so why wanna to keep rising certain issue and keep rising example for her.
If really got problem, i'm sure she'll gladly try her best to clear the misundertanding.
Dimb and furkid, before Kak num work in spca in ampang even u two admire her and respect her but when she start work in spca, i've notice that she's been shoot and shoot many times.
her goal from the day we all know her until now i believe i still the same
' to save and give all strays a loving home'.
so issue 1
adoption fees are quite high for local strays.
kak num did mention she'll have a look and try to settle this problem.
issue 2
adoption fees paid but full vaccination or neutering/spaying not yet done.
Kak num also did mentioned she'll do her bet to settle.
y don u all give her a chance ler.
baru berapa lama dia sandang jawatan ini?
i don mean i fully respect and support spca but i believe and fully respect kak num's goal.

Kak Num,
I am the one usually do the talking also and seldom do such experience by myself but from the first day i know u, i believe u'll only do the best for those lovely animals.
I salute u!!!!!!!!!!!
Vivi, you misunderstand, the similarity between Anum and SPCA is the "adoption" part. I am not advocating adoption at all because DSHs and mongrels tak laku!

As the solution to give life to these "tak laku" but otherwise healthy animals, I am following the examples of HK SPCA and the other modern no-kill SPCAs around the world and advocating the "R" in TNR (I have been echoing sampai tekak dah kering ... what HK SPCA and the modern no-kill SPCAs are shouting that there will be never be enough homes and $$ for shelters) ... that is why HK SPCA and the modern shelters have abandoned the "adopt and kill if cannot get adopted" strategy that our local SPCA is still pursuing.

Pastu, keep pestering people to adopt, adopt, adopt ... padahal all our homes are already full (legal limit for pets sudah full) ... and I am saying, "release, release, release ... don't depend on adoption alone and don't kill the unadoptables ... release them into managed stray colonies that are fully castrated.

Kalo barang tu tak laku, jangan lah mati-matian nak paksa orang beli ... pegi la kaji market demand dan jual barang lain yg customer perlu ... jangan asyik pukul gendang, " ... adopt, adopt, please adopt, please, please ... please ......"
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies