View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 06:30 PM
CEO, EzerNET

Ezer has disabled reputation
Default Re: Sale of Animals on a Public Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by baca882004 View Post
I thoroughly like this forum. And although I have some mis-givings about sale of animals here initially, I have come to accept it.

The owners of this forum is right. If you do not "legalize" it here, they'll still buy puppies and kittens somewhere else. And make poor decisions at that.

You cannot change mentality over-night. But I like that petfinder shows you the Pets for sale but quietly insert pictures of adoptable pets so that you have options. I think that's a good tactic.

And slowly, we come to realize and learn that adopted pets are equally wonderful. Sometimes, you need to keep your enemies close so that you can watch over them. Banning sale of pets is not going to solve the problem.
Exactly, baca... I am glad you're open minded enough to see that progress moves in baby steps...

In fact, perhaps a little off topic...the US congress is now wondering if it's better to just legalize marijuana because of the illegal drug trade going on in the US / Mexico border and thousands of families murdered every year because of that...