View Single Post
Old 11-19-2014, 05:16 PM
Animal Lover

cyap is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My new little RES need helps....

Hi vivegbalboa, I have 3 RES and they are 7-8 years old now. Yes, they do need clean water and sun light for basking which is good for their shell. I use to live in condo where there are direct sunshine for them everyday but only for 1 to 2 hours because the water will become hot under the sun. Recently I've moved to an apartment and there are no sun light direct into my house. So I have to switch to UVB light and according to the pet store adviser, UVB light has to be turn on at least 12 hours a day for your RES to get all the vitamins and heat they need. From my past experience, my little baby not eat, not moving and keep his eyes close, I brought him to VET and found that he actually had cold. After 2 shots of medicine from the VET, he is now 7 years old. All kinds of reptile will show the same symptoms when they are sick, stop eating, less activity and keep their eyes close all the time. I think you should bring them to the VET. Unfortunately you cannot simply bring them to any VETS that treat cats & dogs, I went to Animal Medical Centre at KL (http://animalhospital.com.my), the VET can advice you better on how to take care of your RES babies. if you have any other list of VETS I suggest you to call and check whether they have doctors for reptile.

Last edited by cyap; 11-20-2014 at 10:31 AM.