View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 01:43 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

AndyKoh has disabled reputation
Default Re: Kindle & e-Book Reader Review

Hi Charlene,

That is right - people nowadays suffer from attention deficit disorder, thanks to computers and mobile devices that distract them with multitasking, games and social networking. Kindle gives you back the focus, since it is good at one and only one thing!

Ya, you'll probably gradually forget that the Kindle is an electronic device after using it for a couple weeks. Now, it actually feels more "natural" and intuitive to me than a real book, which I often get frustrated as my thumb tries to look for the controller to navigate the cursor to words that I wanted to check the definitions for (yeah, I got bad vocab!).

Did you know that the Kindle's browser is labeled as "Experiemental" by Amazon? I think it must be one of the hardest browsers to use - painfully browsing in black & white with it is like eating your rice one grain at a time. Now imagine my Kindle 2, whose browser is many times worse! Then again, like you said, we can always resort to our smartphones to better serve that purpose.

You can try hooking your headphones to the Kindle - the sound quality would likely be better. Most mobile devices' built-in speakers are not that good.

In case you are not aware, you can also download some free games from the Kindle store, mostly word games I think, like Every Word and Shuffled Row.

Enjoy yourself with your new little green friend!