View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 12:46 PM
PetFinder Guru

Nana is on a distinguished road
Default Re: minta pandangan untuk bela lg seekor kucing.

Hi nadyazgal! You're the one that took your cat back to Sabah yeah?

I've been missing from this forum for like year now and so here I am :)

Just to share, as you already know, I brought my 9 cats back to Sabah with me (2 died :( *sigh*) so its 7 now...) and here in my family house we already have 2 cats. It's been over a year now, and my 7 still don't get along with the 2. And I think from their personality, it's not likely that they will get along with each other. They don't really 'kill' each other, but they do scratch and argue, which leave scratch marks, cuts and fur everywhere. Within my 7, there are also a couple who don't play well with each other, but they can live together :).

We introduced them slowly, one by one, from there we could see which ones responded with a NO-NO to the new friend. We also discovered who can 'live' with who, but eventually it was obvious that they were happier with 7 to 2. I was surprised that my small sized 8 mths were more provoking and intimidating towards the 2 (1 year++ cats).

Your case might be different since you have 1 and will be introducing 1. There is no sure way to tell whether they will get along or not until you actually try. Perhaps it'll be easier but still be prepared to accommodate in case they don't get along :) and in my opinion that should be the determinant of whether you decide to take in another one or not. That is to have a good back up plan :). best wishes dear.