View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 09:20 AM
Animal Lover

fishit is on a distinguished road
Default Everise Veterinary Clinic, Kajang Prima

Hello there. I wanted to share my experience using the service of this clinic. So far, I've only been to two clinic including this one (another one is a clinic in Seksyen 7, Bangi). So our journey with our male DSH cat starts in the early of june when my gf picked him up near a supermarket after she did the groceries. Few hours after having him, we decided to send him to the vet to be check upon.

We went to clinic in Bangi as it was the nearest to our place and the girl who treated him (i didn't ask if she's a doctor or not, my bad) told us he had fungal problem on his left ear. that's all. she cleaned his ears and deworm him. gave us a mini repacked anti-fungal shampoo (the one similar to the cough syrup bottle that you usually get frm govt hosp) and around 2.5ml anti-fungal repacked syrup with syringe to feed him for five days. the charges was around 40+. cheap? maybe. we didn't vaccine him straight away because the girl advices us to let him stay for a week in the new hse so that he can get used to it.

the thing is, the so called "fungal" infection didn't go away. for a week he kept on scratching his ears. at first, we saw some improvement on his left ear. we were happy. for a while. so we google and google for almost a week and my gf decided that we have to give the Bangi Clinic a visit again because she suspected him to be infected by ear mites.

we came to the clinic last sunday and let the girl (not the same girl and for the second time didn't ask whether she's a doctor or not) check on our kitten. then we told her about our first visit then told her about our suspicion. guess what? she said, "yeah. yeah. he got ear mites". she 'knew' this just by looking at his inner ears. then prescribe us the ear canker drop and another 3ml anti-fungal syrup. she told us that we can only start giving him the syrup on 22nd.

we went back and start the ear treatment. then we realize that the right ear was also infected and what made things worst was that the condition of his right ear is worse than the left ear. there were scabs around his ears (take note that his left ear haven't fully heal). he kept on scratching and we felt sorry looking at his condition. we, like most of the newbies, tried to google our way to find the best vet in our area and stumbled upon Dr. Wong. i've read a good review about her and decided to give her a call. she answered the phone (lucky for me as they were close on wed) and i told her about his condition and i tried to ask as many question as i can (quotation, what can of treatment can she gv, etc.) she just said "i need to see him first." so fine. she said altho the shop's closed for wed, she's there at the office 7.30-8.30 pm to feed the dogs. i ask her whether she can lend some of her time to look at our kitten, she said okay.

we went early and waited around 15 minutes and she arrived. she examine him and ask us few question like whether he get an injection treatment or not and etc. we were quite shocked as the former clinic's people didn't even said anything about the need for an injection. we told her about the meds the former vet gave us and she told us, there are no meds in liquid so far for fungal treatment. and we were double shocked. i thought, fcuked. poor charlie.

then she took few strands of his fur to examine whether he have the mites. mind you, she uses the microscope and she even offer us to have a look at those mites. she diagnose him with mites infection because his fur and ears have different type of mites species (something like that) and she said the adult mites had gone, but there are still eggs. she explained everything to us and we sure ask a lot of questions. then she gave him an injection and cleans his ears and put some cream.

overall, she charge us rm89 for the injection, consultation (rm20), cream, lotion and mites test. i guess that was quite reasonable. this morning when we woke up his ears looks much better and we could only see very tiny scabs on both of his ears. he also didn't scratch that often. i'm sure i have found our pet doctor. i hope you will too.

this is the info on the Dr. and clinic:

Dr. Wong Chee May D.V.M
Everise Veterinary Clinic
21. Jln KP 1/4, Kajang Prima,
43400 Kajang Selangor.
Tel/Fax: 03-8733 0878

Consultation hours:

Monday - Saturday : 11.00am - 7.00pm
Sunday : 10.00am - 2.00pm
Wed & Major Holiday : Closed

Email: everise.vet@gmail.com

If i'm not mistaken, she told us that she's not gonna be available in august/september as she have seminar/conference to attend. so don't wait too long.

P/s: i'm trying to be as specific as i could, hence the long post.

Last edited by fishit; 07-10-2012 at 09:02 AM.