View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 12:31 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default This is so evil!!!!!! I feel like kicking their ass

Sri's neighbour is so bloodly stupid. Which religion and cultures teaches us to kill animal?? They can just shoo the puppy away instead of strangle her.I'm so angry now because it seems that the Muslims in Malaysia believe we should kill dogs as dogs is haram in our religion. We need to highlight this issue otherwise more innocent animals will be kill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimimaro84 View Post
http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/N...cle/index_html

2009/04/20
All because of a curious puppy
By : Evangeline Majawat

KUALA LUMPUR: First, they strangled a four-month-old puppy to death, then they threatened its owner.
A puppy named Maya, belonging to Indonesian national Sri Indria, was killed on Friday after it entered a neighbour's house in Kampung Padang Lalang, Langkawi.

The incident took a dramatic twist when the neighbour's son, who had killed the pet, came to Sri's house on Saturday armed with a metal pipe and spoiling for a fight.

Sri called the New Straits Times to say she had returned from the pasar malam at 7pm on Friday to find Maya missing.

"I was only away for about an hour. I knew something was terribly wrong when I didn't see her," she said in the telephone interview.
After a futile search around the kampung, her neighbour, who lives about 50m from her house, told Sri very angrily that her puppy had entered her house.

When Sri asked for Maya, her neighbour brazenly told her "we have killed it".

Sri turned back to enlist her sister's help before returning to the neighbour's house to look for Maya's carcass.

They found the dead puppy in the undergrowth with a wire noose around its neck.

"They watched my sister and I look for my puppy. They were still scolding me as we carried the carcass home."

Sri, whose Malaysian husband runs a travel agency, did not lodge a police report initially as she took partial responsibility for the puppy's disappearance.

She was forced to lodge a report after the neighbour's son threatened her the next day.

A distressed Sri rang the NST to say that he had come to her house armed with a metal pipe, shouting for her and her husband. He was angry that the incident had reached the ears of the media.

"I'm so scared. I'm home alone and I'm pregnant," she cried.

A friend later took her to the police station to lodge a report and there Sri and her neighbour settled matters.

"I've made peace with them. What they did was wrong but I understand why they did it. It's the culture and religious beliefs."

Religion or believe dat doesn't mean u can take another living beings life away{ang ry}