View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 11:19 PM
Animal Lover

Lisan is on a distinguished road
Default Keeping Pets at Condo

HiHi All,

I am new to PetsFinder. I need some advice and/or assistance.

I have a mini schnauzer, Snow Snow, and she is 4+ year old. One of the reasons I moved into this (my) condo 4 years ago because I saw residents keeping and walk their pets within the condo compound so I thought the condo mgt was fine with pets. However, the current mgt does not allow and issue memo that pets are not allowed.

When the mgt putting up a big 'no pets' signboard, I did try talking to them. I personally talked and e-mailed to the condo mgt chairman to give us, the pet owners, more options to consider rather than 'sending pets away' because we have been keeping our pets with us long (some for more than 10 years) before they the first memo was out. He refused.

For past 3 weeks, the chairman lodged 2 complaints against me because my dog was barking at him, a stranger, at the carpark while i) I was driving (my dog was inside my car) and ii) carrying her and walking towards my car which both incidents she barked for 10 seconds max. They mentioned in the letter that they "will take whatever action deem necessary to remove the particular said animal from the building/premises" etc. It is clearly aimed personally at me because he does not live near my unit.

In fact, I always asked my neighbours whether they heard Snow2 barked or made noise and they said never only with the exception when Snow2 was at the lift lobby while I locked my door gate. That also probably took less than 30 seconds.

I find myself helpless and upset: Why are people so inhumane? Instead of finding animal a shelter, they instruct us to give away our beloved pets??

I tried asking SPCA for advice but they said they can't do much. Can anyone please advise what could I do?

Note: The rest of owners just keep quiet and keep their pets at home. I want to bring my dog out for fresh air than confined in the condo unit.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Lisan