View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 08:28 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spca ampang in need of more adopters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezer View Post
Furkids,

I am completely in agreement with you on TNR and that that is probably the absolutely best way to humanely let the strays live out their lives... In fact, before I even knew what 'TNR' is all about, I independently thought about this idea and was asking why don't we just neuter all the strays and let them live out their lives?

Later I found out why from Nivek...

Although TNR for dogs is a great solution in many countries, we'll need to recognize the fact that Malaysia may be unique in a political sense. Say, you neutered a dog and released it, would that stop the local councils in shooting the animals or killing them?

That's the tough battle to fight...
Hey, what la ... you guys all Kelantanese kah? I had to post all these in Kelantanese and then you guys senyap for some time on this thread to ponder and then come back on TNR ... previously, I commented (like you Ezer, I was elated that SF, NZ, HK SPCA had changed to TNR be more humane and stop the killing of healthy strays, let them live and effectively control/reduce strays population. Previously, I commented in English but few understood and got all emotionally high.

However, adult awareness programmes (not schools as currently much done) need to be actively and aggressively pursued to create an environment of acceptance because TNR alone will not work.

And Ezer, I did say that dogs pose a greater challenge because of our predominantly Muslim population but that the road should be easier for the cats.

From, now on I will use Kelantanese in the forum ... kecek Kelate ... make nasik dage nge ike ayo ... nasik krabu nge budu ... aye perecik spesye bagi Stripes, si Bele come ...
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies

Last edited by FurKids; 04-14-2009 at 09:01 AM.