View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 12:38 AM
Founder, PetFinder.my

AndyKoh has disabled reputation
Default Re: Pulau Ketam & MPK Klang Dump Dogs in Uninhabited Island

I think this is not a matter of who gets the credit or who saves more lives, it is critical to rescue as many lives as possible as time is of essence here and every hour wasted could result in more innocent lives lost.

What is important now is that it has raised the awareness of the public, and these parties - Furry Friends Farm, Save A Stray, SPCA and others are all working hand-in-hand to resolve the situation. This serves as an excellent example for the cooperation between IPRs and NGO shelters too.

I give my utmost respect and salute to all the front line rescuers for their hard work and dedication, and I would certainly love to make a huge Hall of Shame medal for the heartless residents who have discarded the helpless dogs in the island of hell.

For all we know, there could be many more such cases going on at other areas, and I hope this event would make them think twice before committing such an act again. Of course, we would need to provide them with proper education and justifiable solutions too - saving the dogs is a cure for the immediate symptoms, and then we must move on quickly to address the cause.