View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 04:28 PM
PetFinder Guru

somebunny is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Heartless and Ignorant Pet-Owner

What a terrible neighbour to have!

but unfortunately that seems to be very common. A lot of people claim to be animal lovers without really understanding what it means. I just saw an 'animal lover' putting up his/her rabbits for adoption, claiming that these pets are able to produce healthy babies. what kind of animal lover would willingly offer their pets to someone else at the risk of their pets being exploited as breeding machines?

anyways, sorry for digressing.. that just really irked me when i read it, especially coming from someone who claims to be an 'animal lover'!

i agree with your stance, not to confront her for now. If she denies it (which is most likely to happen) there's nothing else that you can do. and with a sour relationship, she's just going to have more bad thoughts about your cats. Hopefully your cats wont be able to sneak out anymore and chance an encounter with that mad woman.

When I was living in Penang previously, my grandparents always had dogs. The dogs go out for a run around the housing area everyday, albeit unsupervised. One day, one went into a neighbour's compound, and guess what? the neighbour splashed HOT water at the dog! another neighbour saw and quickly told my grandfather. It certainly wasn't the dog's fault that the gates were left open for anyone and anything to wander in! they could have just shooed our dog out, but no, they had to go in the house to fetch a pot of hot boiling water to do the deed. luckily the dog didn't suffer bad burns.