View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 10:52 AM
Animal Lover

5kat is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My cat is losing hair and has little scabs on his body

I don't know if anyone is still following this post, but this is very interesting! Maybe by adding information we can figure this out!!! We have 5 cats at our house (I know!) and nearly ALL started having this condition, in the same pattern, around their collar and their tail/back area. Scabs worse around neck. We thought it was fleas too, but they no longer have fleas, and things don't seem to be improving. Also, this seems to have started with the onset of winter/AFTER the fleas have left. Their food has been upgraded to a grain free, with some salmon oil, but no changes yet. Our short-haired one is missing fur all over her back legs I just noticed too! The only one that doesn't have issues is my long-haired cat who has more of a thick, satiny coat. I wonder if it's something "contagious" from using the flea comb on all of them (just less contact with skin on one that doesnt have it?), but sounds like other people have had that looked at, and this really sounds like the same thing. We moved to a new area/house, but didn't have any problems until winter. Two of the cats seems have sensitivities to food, but the other two shouldn't be so sensitive. They have been subjected to our stress previously, so nothing new there. Anyone find a cause yet? THanks.