View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 01:51 AM
Banned

abgraldo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SPCA n PAWS Adoption Policy?

Dear All,
For so long I thought that the adoption policy is such :-

Services provided by the SPCA are:-
Adoption programme - Members of the public are encouraged to adopt animals from the SPCA. The adoption fee includes de-worming, vaccination and compulsory neutering (sterilization). All potential adopters are interviewed and advised, and should be agreeable to home visits by SPCA staff. The shelter is open to visitors everyday, 9am to 4pm.

PAWS neutering policy as of 12th May 2005
Since 12th May 2005 PAWS Committee has pledged that all PAWS animals must be neutered. PAWS is gradually working towards having ALL animals neutered BEFORE they are released from the shelter. Currently all adult animals, all pure breed animals (cat or dog, of any age) and all pups are now neutered BEFORE being released. At present some mixed breed kittens may still be adopted earlier but when you apply to adopt you must agree to have yours neutered when it is old enough (before it is old enough to add to the huge population of unplanned and unwanted cats!)

I came accross, some in this forum has adopted cats/kitten/dogs/puppy either from SPCA (majority) or PAWS. And some of this animals has been released without being neutered or spayed. I thought, SPCA and PAWS releasing only neutered/spay pet? Or, different2 branch of this practising different2 policies? And, the agreement between PAWS and kitten adopter, are they really bind? What will be the action if the adopter fail to adhere to the agreement?

And, what will be the average of adoption fees for both organisation? Are the fees according to the ages/breed etc?

I hope, whoever had any info or experiences dealing with SPCA and PAWS, enlight me on this, n Im sure many forumers would also like to know.

Thanks.