View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 11:05 PM
PetFinder Buddy

hhplover is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MCFA (Mail-CFA wannabe) cat show.....8/8/10 - CANCELLED???

Dear All,
Please read my email and judge and evaluate for your self. As for me, some worries had been eased, but STILL until the show happended, ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Those wordings in red are of concerned to me.
Some so called MCFA committee members had express their dissatisfaction with me for emailing direct to TICA, but let me tell you this : IF YOU HAVE DONE THIS MUCH EARLIER, nothing of this sort of queries will appear. I think, as a participant of the show, I have every right to know about the show.
So from now on, I will just wait and see. This would be my last post regards to this.

Date: August 2, 2010 4:06:02 AM CDT
To: regional.director.aa@tica.org
Cc: president@tica.org, judging.admin@tica.org
Subject: MCFA Show in Malaysia, 8 August 2010
Dear Sir / Madam,
I, one of Malaysia Cat Fancier Association member. I have paid entries to the above show, scheduled on 8th August, 2010 at Sunway Pyramid, Petaling Jaya.
My problem, until now there's still no update on the show and every email/call/text message has gone unanswered until today. I have heard from unconfirmed sources, the show will be postponed/moved to other venue, but MCFA still remained silent about the updates. This is MCFA web address : www.mcfa.com.my

So, to ease my worries, I would appreciate if you could confirm me the followings :-

1. Is the show confirmed?
2. If confirmed, who is the judges? (until now, no name of judges which is supposed to be 6 rings/6 judges).
3. If the show being cancelled or postponed, can the paid participant be refunded their entries?
Thanking you in advance and looking forward to your prompt reply.

Sent: Monday, August 02, 2010 3:22 PM
To: VLACH Kurt
Subject: Fwd: MCFA Show in Malaysia, 8 August 2010
Can you respond to this inquiry re the Malaysia show?
Thanks!
Marylou
Sent from my iPhone

Monday, August 2, 2010 6:43 AM
To : ima8500@yahoo.com, regional.director.aa@tica.org
Cc: "Marylou Anderson" <mirrikat@aol.com>

Dear Catfancier,
thank you for your enquiry.
I am one of the judges who will judge next weekend in Malaysia. The show is confirmed by TICA.
Judges are -
Kurt Vlach - AB
Tomoko Vlach - AB
Hisae Tasaki - AB
Andreas Moebius - AB
Lesley Morgan-Blythe - AB
the sixth ring will be split between the five above mentioned judges.
What I heard from Ismail is that the venue of the show has changed, but I don't know the name/address of the new show-hall.
I think the best would be if you call him directly. His number is Ismail Mohd Ali, +6013-3881218
I hope that I could answer your questions and look forward seeing you on Sunday,

Kurt Vlach
TICA Allbreed Judge
Austria

Sent: Monday, August 02, 2010 4:20 PM
Subject: RE: MCFA Show in Malaysia, 8 August 2010
Dear Sir,
Thanks so much for the info and prompt reply. Yup, really looking forward to see you this Sunday. We have been promised by organiser, it will be a 6 rings show. Can we get refund for the short of one judge? Thanks again.
Date: Monday, August 2, 2010, 7:16 AM
It will be a 6-Ring-Show.

It will work like follow - 5 judges will do their ring. Ring 6 will be split, which means that each of the 5 present judges will judge a group of cats. This is common and no reason to get a refund!

Kind regards,

Kurt Vlach

Sent: Monday, August 02, 2010 4:25 PM
Oooh... Thanks so much Kurt! Thanks for the clarification and explanation. I had to ask these as this is my first time joining TICA show. See you and all the judges on Sunday. Welcome to Malaysia!

Monday, August 2, 2010 7:26 AM

Thank you for your kind words - I have the feeling everything is a bit disorganized, but I hope that everything will work out well and that everybody will enjoy the weekend...

Kurt