View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 12:28 AM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: American Idol Season 8 (2009)

wah, u started working there when NST just began then. oh gosh!

hey, there's no resemblance of what u described. there must have been a very major renovation.

the theatrette & its corridor was rather cold and dark, too. even after completing our training and was on the job proper, we still had to attend management trainings every single saturday. so i remember the theatrette and the corridor pretty well.

it really sounds eerie....drinking and talking with something u can't see.

got to dash off now.....hubby calling. continue tomorrow. good night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie View Post
You know, Mr Double-Oh-Seven, the theatrette in the old building is the 5th floor. Those days, the old building had only 3 floors and above that was the penthouse.

When I first started work, my office was at that penthouse - renovations were not done. Business manager took the master bedroom with built-in closet (he put his files there, hahaha), the opposite bedroom was occupied by the editorial advisor. Advertising and and writers took the main hall. The Malay magazine editor and I were placed at either the connecting walkway or dining that face the veranda (with a ceiling fan complete with rattan settee). Auditors took the room (third bedroom or kitchen or dining) and their boss took a very small room (could be either store/servants room) that has a back door that opened to the outside where you could walk beeline straight to the canteen. There was one toilet only complete with long bath and hot water. Male and female share this one toilet and all kept it very, very clean.

Seemed Mr Jenkins, the engineer, lived here. Forgotten the story on how he died and I think at that penthouse. Mr Crimson (I remember him), good friend of Mr Jenkins, worked in the security dept. Seemed Crimson could 'see'. When he wanted to have a drink, he would pour 2 cups, one for himself and one for Mr Jenkins. And he would talk like having a conversation with someone.

I remembered no one worked alone at the penthouse. Everyone would leave in groups. No one worked late.