View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 12:25 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: maine coon care tip(help)

I agree wholeheartedly with Meffy's comments below.

First, it is not possible to compare a wolf's needs to those of a cat. Wolves, as canines, have dietary needs closer to those of the domestic dog. VERY different from the nutritional needs of any cat, whether domestic or wild!

Second, if you keep any long-haired cat, you will need to take good care of its coat, and proper shampoos are part of that. And yes, of course, the good products are expensive. If you rely solely upon diet to ensure that your Maine Coon's coat and skin stay beautiful and healthy, you'll end up with a mass of matted fur and a miserably uncomfortable and messy cat! When I hear how much time and money my friends spend bathing and grooming their Maine Coons, I thank heaven I've got short-haired cats! It's a real commitment, taking care of those coats.

What you feed your cat is important, of course, and there are dozens of opinions about what you should and shouldn't feed... raw, cooked, canned, dry... It's hard to know who is right! My point isn't that you should feed one thing or another, but please don't neglect the other important aspects of cat care -- vaccination, regular vet checkups, coat care, etc. -- and focus all of your attention on the food. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meffy View Post
Hi,

It's true that wild wolves don't need shampoo, vaccines and eat raw meat. But when they are sick, they either recover or die. I'm sure you don't want your cat to live like that, right?

Fancy shampoos are not necessary but vaccination is VERY important if you want your cat to live a long and healthy life.

Biasanya kucing below 1 year tak akan gemuk walaupun kuat makan sebab dia sangat aktif. Kalau perut nampak boroi, mungkin dia ada cacing. Tolong bawa jumpa vet secepat mungkin untuk vaksin dan deworm.

Kucing lawa2...jaga elok2 ya