View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 12:21 AM
~feline attaché

nurkasih is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How to manage cat fur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChooBee View Post
Hi Ya'll,

I've been having some issues with my cat's fur,especially ChooBee. She's a DLH and she shed her fur like nobody's business. Her fur is on the sofas,my bed, my clothes, the floor (they self collect and become furballs rolling on the floor) and kitchen utensils!. I don't think there's anything wrong with her in the sheeding and it's pretty much in her nature to shed in our kind of whether.

You guys can offer some tips to reduce the shedding? I'm toying with an idea of getting her a lion haircut, like these cats in the pictures here.

Anyone can share your experience on this on the hair regrowing stage,I don't want her to itch or get any sore as a result of her skin getting so exposed. Not forgeting, any tips on maintenance after getting the lion cut would be greatly appreciated. See Ya!
Change the diet first..try and try to feed them proper supplements for them. Nutri coat would be good to start with... Mine, DLH also and the same prob.. I feed her supplements..Nutri coat..chnge her diet ..now she is eating RC Hair & Skin + Innova Evo at the ratio of 2:1.The extra protein in Innova will be good for the fur . Then remember to brush/comb their fur every other day..t help reduce the shedding..

Nway, tiger cut will not help dat much anyway.. N yeah, try to keep fleas /ticks/mites away..Usuallly excess shedding is caused by fleas...