View Single Post
Old 06-21-2009, 01:13 PM
PetFinder Guru

mrsdolittle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pulau Ketam & MPK Klang Dump Dogs in Uninhabited Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gorman View Post
Hi everyone,

Mrs. Dolittle (cute name), I am sorry you were intruded upon at your home at such a late hour. I wouldn't have liked that either. I doubt sincerely that Sabrina had anything to do with it.

I am thrilled both organizations are still working to rescue the remaining dogs. At least I think SPCA still is. The last entry I read about the island rescue on SPCA's site was dated May 30.) And I'm even more happy there are concrete plans to have a shelter built on Pulau Ketam and a spay/rescue clinic there for all the dogs, even companion ones.

When I donate money, I don't care what part of the organization the money goes to, as long as it goes directly towards animal care. It could go toward paying vet bills, spay clinics, formerly rescued dogs, boats, whatever it takes. I made that clear to the people to whom I donated.

It also doesn't matter to me if or where the dogs are taken, as long as they are getting the best treatment and not being put down. The island dogs probably need to be segregated from the others for several weeks because of viral, bacterial, fungal and parasitic disease, behavior issues, sociability to humans, fear, etc. Again, I don't care where they have to be taken, as long as they are given the best possible chance for a new life. I repeat, LIFE.

We see stories here in the states all the time of there being no room in shelters, so dogs with the slightest bit of aggression or mange or heartworm disease or food aggression being put down. In some areas, there are separate rescue centers that deal directly with special needs animals. These are rare.

I'm sure both organizations are doing great things by their own visions and policies and board missions. I swear, the rantings going on here remind me of nothing other than two football teams' fans chanting back and forth, stealing mascots, doing other silly and time-wasting pranks. Enough already! You're only hurting the reputations of the organizations and hurting the image of the community as a whole. And possibly hurting donations, too.

May God continue to bless all your work. You have the interest of the international community now and now is the time to use that to the best advantage by concentrating on the animals.

in love,

Dr. Kim Gorman
St. Joseph, MO USA
Hello Dr gorman,

"in love"... are you in love with me? Cheeky... am I? Yes i am very, if i choose to.

Anyways Dr, thanks for your statement. I believe the animal welfare is my main priority here. Nothing more than that. Of course there will be one or two which involved personal matters since i've been personally attacked. It wasn't nice at all.

It has came to an extend of them saying I AM FAKING MY PREGNANCY. Dr, there is nothing more i would want to tell you other than my opinion about these "so call allegations" made by me or a few of SPCAs' supporters.

If all of us really use our intelligence, we could see clearly whatever had been posted in these thread earlier on by SPCAs' supporters were all about what had came out in the medias, newsletters and some were from my own experiences during the rescue mission. There were never allegations or words condemning FFF's team.

Should i be telling you what actually transpired during the rescue mission, you would be really surprised. Let that be in the past. We went through a lot of difficulties caused by the supporters of FFF. I do not know why it happened, but it happened.

Being an SPCA's staff, never once i posted any thread of propaganda about why public should donate to SPCA. Let them decide, its their money. Who are we to tell them why they should or should not donate to which ever organization of their choice.

Nevertheless, there were some threads (some had been removed) written here to influence public not to give their support to SPCA (indirectly / always read between the lines). This is so sick, it made me sick and sometimes i feel like "VOMITING BLOOD" (the Chinese would say this).

We are still waiting for Sabrina's reply in order to shut us up if we were wrong about what had been posted here. Mostly were questions about the Ketam Dogs and some decisions made for these poor dogs which i myself disagree to it. Instead we had someone posting some lies (replied by Andy) saying that Sabrina had told her to post a thread on her behalf... hmpff... Most importantly, the FFF expansion plan, raised by a donor name Franky. I think its only fair if she could reply to him.

It is really important for me to know if some of the dogs died and why it happened. Frankly (not boastingly), all of the Ketam dogs in SPCA are doing so well, they had no problem at all (Thank Goodness). They've been separated from our shelter dogs and given a thorough medical attention. Thats why i do not understand why a few or some of the dogs died in FFF (more than 1).

Its really good of you to be neutral (i think you are / hopefully you are) to maKe such wise statement. I accept it with an open heart and thanking you for it.

...THE DAY I KNOW THE MEANING OF TRUE LOVE, LOYALTY, TRUST AND FRIENDSHIP...
...TIGER IN MEMORY...

Last edited by mrsdolittle; 06-22-2009 at 03:29 PM.