View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 01:57 PM
PetFinder Buddy

hhplover is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mcfa (tica) - cat show is confirm 8/8/10

Ok, first of all, congrats to MCFA for having a Cat Show... finally. You guys deserve some credit though the show is not as successful as the previous. However, this is my comments and observation, and I hope MCFA will take steps to improve it :-

1. Crammed Space,
The idea of a cat show is to show your cats to all visitors coming. Because of that only 20% of cats visible to the public.
2. Judging ring too close to public.
I can see no chairs provided infront of judging ring. As such, some of the judging rings allowed public to stand and lean at judging tables. I witness this at Lesley Morgan ring.
3. 4 Judge doing 6 rings
This can never be allowed to happen again. Stress to the cats and stress to the judges. And it always brought some inconsistency and biasness.
4. `INTERNATIONAL' Cat Show?
It is not International if numbers of HHP outdone the pedigrees 80% to 20%. If its at 50-50, still can be forgiven but nooo... not 80% hhp. And HHP being Best in International Cat Show? As an HHP lover, i love this to happen, but sadly it is not suppose to happen in 'International' Cat Show.
5. HHP supposed to have six categories.
But it is only 3 categories. MCFA promised longhair and shorthair HHPs will be separated this time. Hmm..
6. No vet inspection
I can see some of the judges shaking their head, disbelieve that they had to judge few dirty cats.
7. The president warning speech!
It is very unbecoming of the President to say that. Did he know that PF is the only forum which actively promote MCFA Show? 80% of contestant are PF members or readers. They all are not against MCFA show, they are only against you (The President) and your twisted tounge lies and promises. They are all professional enough not to distrupt MCFA shows because they care about the show and their fellow cat lovers.

Anyway, congrats again to MCFA for finally pull off an 'INTERNATIONAL' Cat Show. I see there's still a lot of improvements can be done, and it can only be done by CHANGING the Presiden.