View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 01:07 AM
Animal Lover

lulubelle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Shame on Dr Gowri

This forum was brought to my attention just a few days ago because I had also lost my pet to Dr Gowri 2 years ago. My bulldog was just 8 months old when I sent her for what was supposed to be a simple spaying procedure. I was told that it was best to keep her overnight for observation and I could take her home the following day. It was on Friday, 13 June 2009, and I dropped her off at the clinic around 1pm on my way to work. At about 5pm I called Dr Gowri for an update and she told me that the op went well, although my dog bled a lot but everything was under control. I called again abt 2 hours later and her helper took my call, telling me that the doctor was out but my dog was resting. I was assured that my baby was fine. That night I stayed back in KL due to work and did not return to Klang, convinced that eveything was fine and I trusted the vet completely. I was supposed to pick my baby up at 2pm on Saturday after work but at 10am, I got a call from Dr Gowri telling me in exactly these words "I'm sorry. Your dog did not make it through the night". Words cannot describe the pain I went through and till today, I miss her everyday. I brought her home, her ashes in a ceramic jar ... it sits on the altar and there's always fresh flowers for her ... she was such an angel, my heartbeat at my feet. When I rushed to the clinic to see my baby, Dr Gowri kept saying she did not know what happened. I do not know what happened. I will never know. All I know is that nothing can bring my baby back. Of course I blamed myself for a long time. Why did I rush to get her spayed? There was no rush. Why didn't I go check on her that night? Did she suffer? Did she think that I abandoned her? What pains me more than anything is the fact that I was not by her side when she breathed her last. I do not think that Dr Gowri meant my dog harm. Perhaps she just needs to question her skills as a vet.

I have three beautiful dogs today whom I love with all my heart. I am a paranoid pet parent, my vet will vouch for that. My male bulldog has been neutered and my female bulldog has been spayed. They are alive and well.

"THEY ARE NOT DEAD WHO LIVE IN THE HEARTS THEY LEAVE BEHIND"