View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 12:59 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Campaign Stop puppy and kitten Backyard breeder do trade through Pet Shop

Well said, Kheng Teik.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khengteik View Post
i agree with you there..... however, just letting people know about un-ethical breeders/petshops will not really solve the issue permanently....

from my experience, alot of people still believe/trust in petshops because of they think/believe that petshops should be more knowledgeable then us (we ppl who are trying to educate the general public about animal issues) because it is their trade....

however, emphasis should also be placed in educating the general public about animals, what is the definition of breeds, the problems that will occur when breeders simply breed, etc...

By educating the parents/older generation about these things, i think it will be more effective.... this is because there is a portion of buyers of these animals that are pressured to buy by their children.... and these parents will choose the cutest and cheapest dog/cat to buy.... so if the parents are educated, then they would get a better understanding when buying an animal.