View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 05:01 PM
CEO, EzerNET

Ezer has disabled reputation
Default Re: Spca ampang in need of more adopters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
Recognising that finding enough homes for these unfortunate creatures are an impossibility without aggressively pursuing TNR in the community, conducting education and awareness program targeted for the tough adults and setting up of stray colonies (especially cats, which do not have the stigma of being considered haram by our general society), the modern SPCA shelters of the world around us have finally won their battle to control and reduce the strays population in a humane and caring way.
Furkids,

I am completely in agreement with you on TNR and that that is probably the absolutely best way to humanely let the strays live out their lives... In fact, before I even knew what 'TNR' is all about, I independently thought about this idea and was asking why don't we just neuter all the strays and let them live out their lives?

Later I found out why from Nivek...

Although TNR for dogs is a great solution in many countries, we'll need to recognize the fact that Malaysia may be unique in a political sense. Say, you neutered a dog and released it, would that stop the local councils in shooting the animals or killing them?

That's the tough battle to fight...